Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thurs~Aug. 23rd

Another day of great posts,

Felt a bit wobbly in my determination this afternoon but reading everyone's wise words have brought me to my senses!!!
    Hopefully I can come back and post some more but wanted you all to know I'm hanging in at day 5.
    Thankyou all!!!!!

Janet

Comment

Thurs~Aug. 23rd

Yeah-
      Everyone is doing so well. I think in a nutshell we have all come to the conclusion that another drink will just bring us back. Not drinking allows us to truly appreciate what alcohol has masked for so many years. Be it good or bad situations, being AF opens our minds & hearts to truly be in the moment. A good situation-we enjoy it more, we remember it, we cherish it. A bad situation-we can confront it head on & make wise decisions. Being AF-we grow.

I had often said that as you accumilate more AF days you become stronger. It is true. Even tho I had a slip after 7 months, I learned from it & the experience & the 7 mo I had has only made me stronger & more determined than ever. To me it was a reminder that I can still be vulnerable at any time during my sobriety(even after 7mo) & to never let my guard down.
      :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Thurs~Aug. 23rd

Hi all,
        Finally popping in at 11.30 pm here to wish you all EVEN MORE success........phewwwww.......just had busy day.

Day 25,
        Says............I`M WELL AND TRULY ALIVE!!!

Love and strength to all,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Thurs~Aug. 23rd

Hi again.
          I do like the daily check in even if I don't manage to check in every day!
          I tried mods and did ok several times and then went nuts and drank more to make up for what I'd 'missed out on'.
          Janet - you hang in there - glad you came here and glad it helped. I know you can do this. I know you really want it.
          Kathy - sorry but the whole bank episode made me laugh. Guess tellers are a bit 'old fashioned" !! :H oh...and no, the abs are still not terribly impressive but definitely better. Actually, the exercise has helped me so much and I can't explain exactly why. I think maybe it's just that I'm doing something for myself. Or maybe there really are endorphins and they work? Don't know but it helps a lot.
          Nancy - praying for April to get here soon But in the meantime enjoy the football game :h
          Deter - new and better things on their way...

Everyone seems to be doing great....got to go to bed. Going to try to get to the gym again in the morning! I need lots of endorphins...
          Love to you all
          Lisa

Comment

Thurs~Aug. 23rd

Lisa, the bank story was supposed to make you laugh, so I'm glad it did! My arguments with my daughter are like some kind of sitcom family. We are both usually laughing about it a couple of hours later ourselves.

Deter, I know you will hang in there--but that is definitely quite a trying situation. You sound so good for being in a trying situation, and I'm glad that the exercise and being AF are helping you.

Happy Day 5, Janet. The first few weeks are the hardest, which you already know. I'm glad that today's posts were helpful for you!

Lisa, I think endorphins are real and really do work. When I used to jog (before I moved to this land of many hills--ugh!), the first 1/4 mile was horrible, but then I'd break through the "wall of pain", and I'd start getting all blissed out. It was my time for thinking deep thoughts.

Starlight, Breez, AFM, waving a big hello to you tonight!

See you all tomorrow!

Hugs,:l

Kathy
            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
            X