Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BOOZE BUSTERS 30 DAY CHALLENGE - 8/29 NEW THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello to all Booze Busters and Prospective Booze Busters! Are you up for a 30 Day AF Challenge?????

Frequesnt Asked Questions (FAQ):

Q: What the sam hill is a Booze Buster?
    A: Anyone who has a goal of going Alcohol Free (AF) for 30 days in a row.

Q: Do I have to join at the start of the month?
    A: NO!! Your "Day 1" can be at any time. And if you are already into your first month or your hundredth month AF, you can join at any time. All who desire to be AF for at least 30 more days are welcome.

Q: What if I fall off the wagon - do I get kicked out?
    A: NO!! We do hope you will let us help you dust off the seat of your pants, and drag you right back onto the Booze Busters wagon. You might get your butt kicked, but you won't get kicked out. Oh - and we have a Fugly Green Suit you have to wear during your butt kickin'. That suit is worse than the kickin'. kickbu_c - Fotosearch Stock Photography

Q: What if I am tempted to drink - really really badly tempted?
    A: Come here for a kick in the seat of the pants! Read the previous Booze Buster 30 Day Challenge threads from start to finish, and if the desire to drink still exists, continue reading other AF threads until you fall asleep.

Q: What does the Booze Beast look like?
    A: 73581982 - Fotosearch Stock Photography And today is your lucky day. Take a Free Kick! Here he is from the front: :alf:

Q: How does the group keep track of what day people are on?
    A: We count on YOU to shout out your stats loud and proud every day in whatever way suits you. For me, I'm collecting a gold star for every AF day out of due respect for my inner child. You are welcome to use that idea or any other idea that suits your fancy. Don't let us miss your 30 Day Celebration because you are too quiet about your stats!

Speak up if you have other questions!! We are here to prove that WE CAN DO THIS! And we can have a little fun while we're doing it! Let us know if you have questions or suggestions as to how we can improve the BOOZE BUSTERS 30 Day Perpetual Challenge.

HUGE thanks to Music Man and Buffy who got this whole thing started.

DG aka Alpha B*
    Day 49? 50? AF :award: + * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * (With a lot of help from my friends, a 30 day trophy + 19 or 20 gold stars!)
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

DG- thanks for the new thread.
    I am home for a short (or maybe a loooong time) waiting for the refridgerator repair man. It started to work again and now it has turned against me!!! It enjoys seeing me race from the house to the garage fridge and back again with ketchup and cheese ect... in tow. I should be a size 4 by now!!!!! My husband looked at it and said it must be some kind of a computer chip problem. That is usually his standard answer to not having a clue. Maybe my previous drinking problem is because of some computer chip gone awry. I am entering day 18!!! A great day to all!!!!! : )
    AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

AF congrats on Day 18!! AAACCKKK on running back and forth between the kitchen and garage fridge!!! I got some of THAT exercise do during the power out, and then false starts coming back on. I hope the fridge fixer gets there on time - I hate waiting around for service calls when the people are WAY late. LOL - on Mr. Famous and "it must be a faulty chip." Yep. That's the cause of my brain damage for sure!! Good to see you.

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Happy 29th!

Whoe, the things that happen overnight while I am sleeping - New Thread! Thanks DG for starting a new one, so much more manageable when they are shorter.

Having a great sanity Wednessday so far, it's 11:45 and I am still sitting here in pj's w coffee in hand, perusing the boards!

Ready for the big countdown? :thumbs:

Buffy ********** *

Vinophile ********** *

Innerstrength ********** **

M. M. (Namasta) ********** **

Madison May (Mary) ********** ****

Lotus (Mandy) ********** *****

Rob 2 ********** *******

Rob ********** ********

Almost Famous ********** ********

Arial ********** ********

Chief ********** *********

And then there's the old foggies:

July 30 + ****

LUC 30 + *****

Lilaclover 30 + *******

Me (Hannah) 30 + ********** *

Satori 30 + ********** **

Pinkie 30 + ********** *********

DG 30 + ********** **********

Reteacher (Mary) 30 + ********** ********** *

FMF 30 + 30 + 30 + ****!

Looks like the next party we will have will be for your 60 days, DG, followed closely by Chief. How could you possibly forget???? Must be the old age creaping up We will be having a dry spell until then, unless we recruit a new member who is somewhere in the middle there. And we all love to party!!!!!! So, if there is someone lurking out there who has the right # of AF days (and even if you don't) feel free to join in! We are a merry bunch, not the least bit uppity :yeahright: :H :H

Satori and DG - we could start our own little club of motocycle has beens. I was a cycle Mamma w the best of them. My bro had a bike, and lots of friends w bikes, and this was great for me because I never had to go very far to find a boyfriend! Went out w one of them for YEARS, thought we'd prob end up married someday, but not. I am very sure Mom and Dad were glad when that phase was behind us. Oh youth.......
        The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

OOPS!

Hey, actually the NEXT one will be for Mary! :sorry: Mary, my bad.

Yahooooo!!!!! We missed your first 30 benchmark, so this 60 day party will be a big event! :rockon:
          The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Hannah, THANKS for doing that countdown!! That is so awesome. Pinkie is tied up with some life stuff at the moment, but I'm bettin' she'll be back too and she is the day after me. Reteacher Mary is the day before me. WHEE!!! 9 more days 'til party time!

Anyone new jumping in just state your stats LOUD AND PROUD!

Oh - and HBD good for you bein' in your robe with coffee in hand at 11:45. We ALL need to treat ourselves to days like that once in awhile!!

DG
            Day 50 AF
            :award: + * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

DG - thanks for the new thread. Brill....(iant)

Hannah - thanks soooh much for typing up the days...I'm going to print it off and date it so I can keep count better...don't want to miss anyone's special days. I feel silly at the end; I still feel such a beginner. Where'd all those days come from?!?! (Well, I don't I guess but I feel very, very grateful!)

Pandemonium here...well, should be! Stuff all over the beds and we leave at 11 tomorrow morning for the wedding! My son's hire wedding suit's gone missing...they're going to send it direct to the hotel by Friday: bit close but I'm cool......................AAAAAAGH!!!! And school stuff's everywhere too but not ready for as soon as we get back! Still cool.......no prob............my daughter#2 is buying Kalms for me as we speak...!!!!!

So, so looking forwards to it - bit of trepidation perhaps....but no prob....KALMS PLEASE!!!....

Just want my daughter and her lovely hubby-to-be to have the best day.... it might even be a bit sunny. Yea! They're the important ones. A special day.

So, off to eat and look at the packing some more. I'll probably be back later for more 'chatting over the garden fence'.... A* in procrastination me!

Good to read all the news. Love and courage to all lovely friends...

Finding x (just not sure what...!)
              :heart: c: :heart:
              "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Hannah - Thanks for the coundtdown - that is so cool!! Really amazint to see everyone's progress.... Thank you for taking the time to do that...

MM
                Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Hey all: Been on and off the board today, read a little, write a quick note, head to the kitchen to do some more canning. I keep thinking that I will have time to sit down, relax and compose a long and meaningful message to my AF friends. Don't think its gonna happen today.

Hannah-Thanks for the count, the days are zipping by so fast right now I am loosing count, I guess that's a good thing, right? Also thanks for the update on your BIL, I'm glad he's been given this time to really BE with his family. I hope you have a great visit with him this weekend.

DG-Thanks for the new thread. Its so much easier to keep up with fewer pages to leaf back through when I forget who's up to what (and we are a lively bunch).

Feet- Honey, just don't overdo the Calms Forte-especially if the dress isn't quite together yet.

Satori- I almost opened with I'm up to my eyeballs in pickles, but thought of you, they're cucumbers!!

MM-Hope your move goes well and that you all stay out of danger from the fire.

Mary-Always look forward to hearing from you.

Chief, Pinkie, July, Lotus, Ariel, Vino, Rob2, Lilac and anyone else I missed, Have a great evening.
                  Gotta get back to the tomato sauce.

Comment

A welcome new thread for what are becomming old friends. Hannah great to see the actual progress in linear fashion. This group accomplishment is tremendous.

Keep at it Booze Busters.

July

AF 34 days

Comment

Morning All! (Well, here is...!) July, as succint as ever - yes, a great group here! Thank you for posting that. It was lovely.

DG - just before going off....just something to ponder for you...!

"CRICKET
                      (as explained to foreign visitors)

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in.
                      Each man that's in the side that's in goes out and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out.
                      When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in out.
                      Sometimes you get men still in and not out.
                      When both sides have been in and out, including the not outs,
                      That's the end of the game. Howzat! "
                      (a familiar T-towel legend to we Brits!!!)(drying-up cloth in US?)

Um, add in 'silly mid off's' and 'bowling a maiden over' and 'square leg', you've got a few things to work out! :H I'm sure our aussie crew will help out! Unfortunately, they are too darned good at cricket.......! :upset:

Hope everyone is doing (more than) OK and fires, family, tadpoles, tests, children, schools, new jobs, future plans, spouses/partners, dogs and fridges are all doing as well as possible.

Love all round.
                      Finding :h
                      :heart: c: :heart:
                      "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Good morning all

I can tell the difference not drinking is making - got into work today at 8am. But is giving me the chance to catchy up with work I have neglected.

Thanks Hannah for the count on number of Af days. I keep forgetting to update the drink tracker.

It's good to hear how well everyone is doing. Maybe we should have a BIG celebration when we all reach our 30 day AF mark. In some ways I am counting down to the day "when I can have a drink", but I'm trying not to think about it. I am also avoiding the alcohol counter completely. I walked past it last week and noticed there were some good deals on the price. I know stupid of me. But I'm determined to do this now. Going to my sister-in-law's this weekend and it's usually a time we both sit down and get plastered. But I can't really do that anyway. I've enrolled onto the next level of the accounting course but because before I was doing it as distance learning the college have asked me to come in on Monday and sit an entrance exam. So will spend the weekend revising.

Hope you all are ok. Take care.

Mandy x

Comment

Thanks Doggygirl and Hannah. This thread sounds fun. I plan to start 1st September and cannot wait to see my name up there. You guys are an inspiration. This week has been hectic as my kids went back to school and I have my cousin who is having chemo staying with me. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Comment

Good morning everyone, Hannah, thanks for the update but a revision on me. I slipped last weekend but I'm not beating up on mysellf. I'm starting day 5 AF more determined than ever. I've had more AF days in August than I've had in years and am starting to feel human again.
                            Rob2
                            Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.--- Dale Carnegie

Comment

Good morning everyone!

Sorry I havent been on much but as DG pointed out I have been dealing with life crap! Seems my live in situation with BF is not working out so I have been apartment shopping and preparing to move. Havent found anything as of yet, still looking. Thanks for all the PM's, I will try to respond to each but I am doing good..for the most part.

Glad to hear everyone is doing so great and remaining AF!

Pinkie

Comment

Working...
                              X