Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BOOZE BUSTERS 30 DAY CHALLENGE - 8/29 NEW THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAPPY SEPTEMBER 1 BOOZE BUSTERS!!!!

Welcome Londoner to the Booze Beast Booty Bustin' Bunch! Congratulations on Day 6 AF!! WE CAN DO THIS for 30 Days. What sort of a food type detox are you doing? I'm always interested in that sort of stuff. Looking forward to getting to know you better!

rob, I'm :upset: for you not having a great tomato crop. That's the best part!! Well, in my ever not so humble opinion it's the best part. And isn't MY opinion EVERYBODY's opinion????? (where's the gagging smilie...) Anyway, I bet it feels good to be wrapping up the garden/canning/freezing/&whatnot project for this year!

LotusMandy - Day 18 AF is a great day to start the weekend! Glad you're havin' fun and the days are flying by.

MM - congratulations on braving the wine bar successfully with the girls! Did you have AF wine (do that have that at wine bars in ski resort towns??) or something else? I've looked at AF wine but I have a feeling it would just lead to the real thing. So I haven't braved that yet. I'd rather save the $$ for something else anyway I think. Anyway.....congrats on your awesome progress and it's great to hear that the town is starting to come back to life now that the fire is a bit under control!! I'm doin' a rain dance here. Good thing you can't see it - not pretty.

July happy Day 37 and here's to a great AF weekend enjoying the little things! You sound really happy and I'm happy for you and also your family.

Hannah - thanks for the good morning!! Travel safely today for your visit with Guerrino and family. Our thoughts are with you - you are holding up like a trooper during a difficult time. :l

FMF - you sound like you have a wonderful outlook for the wedding day, despite any inter-family issues that really don't matter in the grand scheme of things. I'm glad your daughter and Almost Hubby are happy! We want a picture of you in your hat. I hope you have a glorious time at the wedding today!! Did you pack enough tissues for tears??

Well, this morning was officially Day 1 of my 12 week Beginner Routine on the Bowflex. It will take a few times to get in the groove - get the weights right where they need to be, etc. In addition to finally getting another copy of my lost manual, I also got a book by Ellington Darden which for me as a beginner is a nice compliment to the manual. I'm actually using one of his suggested beginner routines to get me started. He's sort of a pompous ass in the book (OK, I get it. You've been successfully coaching many many scads and gazillions of people on Nautilus equipment for eternity...) But I like the way he explains and presents various routines for various levels...so I'll just skip over his ego stuff!
    As usual it feels good to have the workout done by the time the birdies are waking up.

It should be a gorgeous sunny - not too hot day for dog training. And I've got my selection of AF beverages all ready for the after glow!

MR. SCALE IS AN EVIL EVIL B*******!!!!!!! Given how difficult it seems to be to get rid of this weight while NOT drinking and eating right....I guess I should be thankful I don't weigh 600 pounds considering what I used to drink and eat. I guess I shall have to accept life as a slow loser. I don't have to accept it graciously though.

Well, I'm off to drink some lemon-limeade with All One!! I hope everyone is gearing up for a FABULOUS AF weekend!!! I'm sure I'll be back to touch the life line now and then, so see you all later Booze Busters!

DG
    Day 53 AF
    :award: + * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi everyone, still getting to know my way around. Posted this on the 1st September thread also. Day 1 for me and feeling optimistic. Took my allone this am and my supplements. I listened to one of the clearing cd's but may have to leave the cd's til next week when the kids are in school and the animals are outside! This morning it was the animals who made a nuisance of themselves. I tried listening to them at night last year but always fell asleep so I dont know if they were then of any benefit? It's hard to find an hour and a half during the day when somebody isn't looking for something, the joys of being a Mom, hence the plan to do it during the day when nobodys home.

Plan to take the dogs for a walk this afternoon so that's the exercise taken care of. Having a BBQ tonight and might rent a DVD so hopefully that will keep me busy, evening/night time will be the hardest as I never drank during the day. Am looking forward to going into drink tracker tomorrow and putting the first of what will hopefully be many 0's in.

Comment

Morning everyone! I have worked out the living situation..for now, and all is well. I do however have to get my but kicked and wear the fugly green suit, not my color! After almost 50 days AF I gave into all the stress I was dealing with and fell...hard. I have set Monday as my new date to rejoin all of you. I really didnt even want to tell anyone but figured there was no way I could carry that around with me.

Anyway, on a brighter side I see everyone here is still as crazy as ever and doing great! Hope all is well and that everyone has a great weekend!

Comment

Hi Everyone, I have a confession to make. After that lovely 30 day party I too caved in to the the booze beast. I had done 30 days, mods for 5, another 30....could kick myself and I feel awful. My leg is still bothering me so I had to give up my exercise routine. The meds the doctor gave me almost killed me...but those are just EXCUSES. Hope I can get back on track with you all again. I have missed you. Thanks. Have a great weekend.
          Lilac

Comment

Good morning, my friends!

DG, I really, really want a BOWFLEX (stomping my feet)! We are moving into a new house in a few weeks and I might have the room, so maybe... EVIL scale.. it must be going straight from your house to mine.. BASTARD!

Welcome, Londoner! What kind of detox are you on? Just a word on that, if I may... I have done many, and I actually tried this time around when I quit drinking (it always sounds like a good idea), but it was just too much for my body. We put it through a lot when we are consuming.. Our bodies have a wonderful way of detoxifying with proper food and the RIGHT liquids.. Detoxes are awesome after a period of time, but sometimes in the beginning it is too much on the system and it can really wear you down.. Does me, anyway... let us know, good luck, and glad you are here!!

Welcome rustop61! For me DVD's and going to bed early are the two BEST ways to get through the early days!! Good luck and DON'T rent "Children of Men"... saw it last night and wanted to poke my eyes out with a stick.. had to watch an old episode of "Frasier" to bring me back to center... whew

FMF - Can't wait to hear about the wedding... what a build up. My little peanut is only 10, but we were school shopping last week and she pulled out this little white mini-wedding dress and said "what do you think, mama" - I screeched in horror - made HER laugh..

Hannah - Best to you and your sister.. safe travels.. stay in touch.. xoxox

Happy Saturday to Rob, Rob2, Lotus, July, Chief, Pinkie, Almost Famous, Ariel, anyone I missed, and of course my new stalker, Satori....

Namase,

MM

Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

You are SO right about the detox Meditation Mama-Coming to the end of Day 6 AF and I feel bloody awful! Exhausted. Cramps kept me awake last night so have been having salt water drinks today.
              As I said in another thread (so forgive the repetition) this detox means no meat (don't eat it anyway) no fish, dairy, wheat, processed foods tea or coffee-vegan basically-and I feel exhausted! It probably is too much alongside dumping the Chablis, altho I am one of those drinkers who eats fairly healthily anyway...apart from this summer where sweet and fattening stuff seemed to major!
              It feels good to be part of such a friendly community and I am SO glad I found this site. Thanks for being there.
              TL
              IS MILIS FION,ACH IS SEARBH A IOC
              Wine is sweet, but paying for it is bitter

Comment

TL - just taking away the chablis is a big deal, bigger than we think. I just make sure I have healthy food around and cut out red meat, processed foods, coffee and sugar. The rest would be great building blocks for your body to get back on track... vegan is tough.. that is what I did at first and I felt HORRIBLE! Also, herbal teas are amazing for detoxing... Just be kind to yourself and remeber to give yourself a bit of a break in the begining.

MM
                Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

DAY 1

Thanks to everyone for being here. Maybe I should ask this elsewhere, but I'm here now so here goes. I am battling a fierce depression right now...I always have it , but it is particularily obnoxious this time. I have tried antidepressants but they caused me some major probs, I started doing cognative behavioral therapy recently and taking 5-htp (both help a little). Does anyone have any suggestions for beating the big "D" naturally outside of common sense, exercise, vitamins etc? Maybe a good amino acid protocol or a type of self help therpy that has worked for you? Thanks much.

Comment

Dont know if this will help, but having suffered anxiety for a long time and like you totally unable to take anti ds I too tried cbt which did help a little. However for a long time now I have regularly every day meditated in my own way which is this. I lie down and slowly relax every muscle in my body starting with my toes and working up to head eyes etc. It takes a while to master it and I first used a relaxation tape but I can now just relax my whole body without the tape. Having got into a relaxed state I started off by counting backwards from 10 then putting a very positive image of a happy place, time, eg your garden, a beach etc and imagining the feeling of relaxation there ,then count upwards to 10 but try and bring that feeling with you. After a while of doing this I then started to go deeper by counting backwards from a higher number, when I get to 1 and then into my relaxed place I started to tell myself very positive messages eg you will fine today, you are strong ,you will feel happier etc I then would tell myself that those feelings would stay with all day and I then bring myself back up from 1 to the number I counted down from. Now I am no expert on meditation but over a few months I feel that it is helping me alot anyway just an idea hope it helps. You can put your own positive thoughts there to suit your personal situation. GG XX

Comment

Hey all: Turned out to be a short work day for me. They let me go early (always makes me feel a if I'm playing hookey).

DG-Start working that Bowflex girl!! I am so proud of you. I keep saying "I'm gonna'" start an exercise program. No excuses now.

MM-Glad to hear your night out went well and AF and that the fires are starting to settle down a bit. How soon will you be starting the big move? Your dietary advise sounds very good and well grounded. Thanks.

Welcome to Day 1 rust. Hope you'll be seeing lots and lots of zeros in your drink tracker soon!!

Londoner, listen to MM, she is very smart and is piling up the AF days like nobody's business.

Out- The depression thing is a hard call. Just being off the booze for a bit will help. I don't know if you've heard of it before but SAM-e is a compound that is said to help with mild to moderate depression, its also supposed to help with joint pain. St. John's Wort is also said to help with depression. However, please keep in mind that natural medicines are still medicines and can also carry side effects. You could probably google either or both of these meds.

Pinkie and Lilac- You both know of course that DG is gonna come runnin in here with that fuggly suit so just prepare yourselves. There is nothing of course that we could say to either of you that would come anywhere near the dressing down you've been giving yourselves!

Having said that, let me say this: I really admire both of you for coming back here and telling us what is happening with you instead of just disappearing on us. That could have been really scarey for us, especially since you Pinkie are involved in law enforcement and are currently ending a relationship. Lilac, I don't know you very well, but I would have missed you terribly.

You guys having slipped also reminds us that, thirty days is just the FIRST goal. None of us can let our guard down or stop taking care of ourselves--ever.

I know that Hannah is visiting with her sister, Finding is at her daughter's wedding and Lord only knows about that crazy Satori, he's probably fighting his way through the ashes as he stalks MM. Lotus, Rob2, AF MadisonMay and anyone else I missed. Have a great day.
                      Love and Peace

Comment

Rob.. What IS your avitar anyway? I'm sorry, but I think I had a bad dream about it last night...

Comment

Thanks all...

have tried Sam-e in the past and it has made me feel a bit racy, but I am open to trying it again, it also helps with liver function, that can't hurt after all the work I've made my liver do...and yes meditation and relaxation, things I know help, but seem to "forget about" when I'm in the throws of it, thanks for the reminder.

I am actually really looking forward to this dry period!

Comment

Oh, I can't believe I did that!

I had a post all typed out, and somehow lost it before I got it posted.

It's been that kind of day. We got back late tonight from visiting my bil, Guerrino, and my sis, Wendy. We spent only about an hour with them because we could see that Guerrino was plainly exhausted. It makes me want to cry just to look at him - he looks like a skeletion w skin now. I know I keep saying this, but I can't see him being with us much longer, there is nothing left of him. I would have loved to have had a longer visit w my sister, but she can't leave Guerrino on his own, so that wasn't possible. We went over to my Mom and Dad's after that, and came home this evening. Mom and Dad go over and stay w Guerrino if Wendy has to go out and run an errand, or something. I sure wish we lived closer and not 2 1/2 hours away.

I wasn't going to log in here tonight - but I really wanted to touch base. You folks are an important part of my life and I thank you for that. :h

I see we have a few new members to this thread - the more the merrier!

Welcome, Londoner. Congrats on day 6, now 7, I guess. I have to agree w MM that doing a major detox at the same time as trying to kick the Booze Buster in the teeth is asking a lot of your body - I know I couldn't do it! Good luck to you, though, and glad to have you on board.

Out - Have you ever checked into Light Therapy? Works on the same principal as how we always feel better when the sun is shining as opposed to overcast. Don't know much about the actual therapy, but have heard of it. Hope that helps. Also, welcome to the group!

Rust - Well, day 1 under your belt! Good for you. The key to the first few days really is to keep busy. Sounds like you have a plan, good luck, and remember to lean on us lots, that's what we are here for.

Finding - By now, the wedding should be over and the evening winding down. Hope you had a great day, and it was a lovely wedding. All the petty family politic things are just that - and aren't worth worrying about. Looking forward to getting a full report!

Pinkie - Glad the living situation is better. To both you and Lilaclover - so you proved you are human - aren't we all? Just glad you are back on track and we are all going to keep on keeping on. With so many AF days logged up, I think you should regard it as just a speed bump on the road down which you are travelling.

Oh, my first post was so much better - I'm sure I am leaving things out, but better get this one posted before DG is doing the morning post already. Mind you, she may get herself hung up on the bow flex thingee . . . . be carefull DG! And by the way, throw that @#*&#$* scale out the friggin window - obviously it isn't working properly.

Quick hi to Rob, Lotus/Mandy, MM, July, and anybody else I missed. :hallo:
                            The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Hello all - I be back here when I get home later tonight.... But just to say hello and thinking of you all.....

IT WAS FANTASTIC!!!!!

And I toasted my beautiful daughter and her gorgeous husband (!) with champagne fumes!! The speeches were first, there was a glass of 'shampoo' at every place but nothing else (water but too far away to reach) so at each toast I took the glass up to an inch away and spoke but not a drop touched the old lips.... So, water it was and it was lovely. (Then elderflower presse...)

(Lilac and Pinkie - this is tactless but I think just as good of you as before.... ha, yes, a mere speed bump....)

Love and hugs to all.
                              Finding x :h :l
                              :heart: c: :heart:
                              "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Hullo Everybody
                                It's The Londoner but please call me Anna -I have reached day 7 on my extreme detox and have to admit that by yesterday I thought I had made myself ill! I felt sick and exhausted and even a short walk with a friend on Hampstead Heath had me sweating and looking for a seat. Well, the good news is that today I just feel a bit tired and much more my old self-the detox was MUCH worse than a hangover so to feel better is a great relief, and yes I do agree with all the wise guys out there, I probably took on too much too soon, without any vit support. I am going to get big doses of Vit C and B complex tomorrow to support my system as it has a big job on its hands. It's interesting though-I was so preoccupied with the horrors of the detox, I never once thought of having a drink. I also feel that if I can sort out my blood sugars, then I shouldn't feel like alcohol to satisfy that craving. I find starchy food like brown rice really helps with this. Also, if I go on a less extreme diet, it comes too close to food that I associate with that chilled white wine demon-for example I love fish and I just can't imagine cooking up some sea bass or lemon sole with salse verde cause it still seems it needs the vino to make it sing along on the plate! Also, pasta alle vongole without some pinot grigio? forget it, for the moment! I know someday I will make it and drink S. Pellegrino sparkling mineral water, but not yet!

The detox is also useful for another reason. If I cut out sweet stuff for example, then that becomes a no-no, a huge temptation, if you like. So those temptations are to be avoided like the plague and i wrestle with that without even thinking of having alcohol. For example there were amazing cakes at the cafe yesterday and the smell of coffee was intoxicating, if you'll pardon the word-it felt really difficult to pass by, but I did and strangely I felt prouder of that achievement than being AF! But yes it is good to have reached Day 7 -

It has been possible to rest up this week as I don't return to work until Wednesday. I have a feeling I will return fighting fit!

I only do one day's teaching at the moment (long story) but am interested in doing something new, like a small business venture.Thinking of starting out in Italy (Abruzzo) but lost the impetus over the summer - health scare(another story!) Everything turned out fine.

Is it alright to share our hopes and dreams and life goals to get support for that alongside the terrrific support for AF? Is there a part of the site we could meet and share, like the reading group?

love to you all
                                Anna xx
                                IS MILIS FION,ACH IS SEARBH A IOC
                                Wine is sweet, but paying for it is bitter

Comment

Working...
                                X