Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BOOZE BUSTERS 30 DAY CHALLENGE - 8/29 NEW THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rob;189477 wrote: .......Lord only knows about that crazy Satori, he's probably fighting his way through the ashes as he stalks MM. ............
    Oh RO-OOOOOOB!

Better lock yourself in................

Here's SATORI!!!!!

Satori

xxx Attached files [img]/converted_files/319913=1728-attachment.jpg[/img]
    "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Finding - glad you enjoyed your Wedding - did the dress stay up???

We need photos!

Lilac and Pinkie - I agree with FMF - a mere speed bump in the highway to sobriety! Good to have you back!

Sorry all the rest - but once again - I do not have any time to spend here - I am in work right now (on a SUNDAY - almost unheard of!) - so I thought I would have a quick peek here to see what everyone was up to.

Better go get on.

I will be able to spend a bit more time here after monday - so I'll catch up with you all then.

Hannah love - so sorry to hear your BIL is so poorly - my thought are with you and all your family as ever.

Welcome to all you newcomers who have popped up while I have been away from here. I will get to know you all soon.

Take care all

Love

Satori
      xxx

Day 46 AF for me today.
      (I actually had to go get my diary out and work it out - how cool is that???
      The first few days, I could have told you all to the neasest microsecond how long it was since I had my last drink!
      "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Hi everyone, well Day 1 over and I get to put that magic 0 in the drink tracker. I was o.k. until after 6 pm and then I got antsy. There was a half bottle of red wine looking at me calling my name. I kept thinking about this site and how I could not fail on the first day!! Anyway I opened it and poured a glass for hubby with his dinner and stayed on mineral water. That's part of my challenge, hubby does not have a problem and can take a glass and cork the rest whereas I have to finish the bottle! I cannot expect him to give it up so I have to learn to deal with it. He travels during the week so that makes it easier. Felt a bit queezy on and off during the day, think its the supplements, I did not have that problem last year but I notice that the kudzu has gone up from 150 to 300 so maybe that's it. It meant I did not have any cravings for the rest of the night so that's a good thing. I have to remind myself that everything I am taking is good for me, the supplements, drinking the water, eating well. I guess it takes time for the body to repair.

Hannah so sorry about your BIL, I too have a cousin who is terminally ill who stays with me while having chemo so I know what its like. Even when you are there you feel so helpless when they are in pain and there is nothing you can do.

Well done FMF, glad the wedding went so well for you. I am going to one in two weeks not close family but I know what a challenge it is going to be.

Londoner, well done on the detox. It's takes time for the body to recover after so much abuse, am looking forward to seeing the changes.

Rustop

Comment

GOOD AFTERNOON BOOZE BUSTERS!!! Sorry I was not here early this AM for a big Sunday Booze Beast Booty Kickin' start to the day. I DID get the Torture Track and Dreadmill done early (back to the Bowflex tomorrow). Today BIL is here with his yard slaves oops I mean the nephews helping us with yard cleanup from the storms just over a week ago. I'll tell ya what - kids will do ANYTHING you want them too if taking turns driving a 4-wheeler is involved. The weather is gorgeous and it just feel hopeful making a dent in this mess. I'm also cooking baby back ribs for dinner since it IS the weekend to BBQ after all. So it's a mighty busy day. (and I know after ribs Mr. Scale will once again be EVIL but I don't care today.)

Rust - congrats on DAY TWO!!!!! These first several days can be the hardest, so you just keep hangin' in there OK?

Well Pinkie and Lilac, here goes. Fugly Green Suit OK. Now that's over and we're happy to have you both back on the Booze Bustin' Wagon with us. No use dwelling on these things - just learn from the experience and move on, right?

MM - LOLOL!!!!! "..saw it last night and had to poke my eyes out with a stick.." has to be the WORST movie review I've ever read. I don't think I'll be renting Children of Men any time soon. Children of Women probably turn out better genetically speaking anywy. HEY - speaking of movies - does anybody use the mail services like Intelliflix (or something like that)?

Londoner aka TL aka Anna - congratulations on Day 7!!! Boy and tackling a cleanse program at the same time - you are BRAVE!! I can see though, how the cleanse effort might have you not thinking about the booze issue. Sounds like you are feeling better and that is awesome news!! Keep on keepin' on. I look forward to getting to know you better!

Welcome out and congratulations on Day 2 today! I remember some of your posts from when I first joined MWO. It hasn't been that long ago - but it seems like a life time in some ways. Anyway, welcome to Booze Busters 30 Day Challenge! I wish I had some suggestions on depression treatments. I was going to ask if you had tried Sam-e which rob also thought of. Sounds like you have tried it. I've been reading about it recently and just ordered some on Friday due to the reports of help with joint pain. I'm also wondering if the effectiveness / results might vary by manufacturer as seems to be the case with Kudzu. I like to order all my "quit drinking" supps from here, but I did order the Sam-e from Netrition as I was ordering some other stuff from there. Anyway, if you decide to try it again I'm interested in your feedback. I take a GABA every day and have been for maybe a month or so. I LIKE that stuff. I feel like I get a sense of well being or something like that (hard to describe) after taking it. Like lower stress or something? It's not a "high" feeling with the intensity of alcohol or drugs (at least any that I experimented with in college LOL) but just a light little sense of feeling good. Anyway, that's more than 2 cents and a bag o' chips! Hope Day 2 is going great for you.

GG - the way you describe meditation (which I know nothing about) sounds a tad like the hypnosis (know nothing about that either except the MWO cd's) tapes. I LURVE going to my Humm-ick on the beach!! (note to self - need to get regular with the CD's again!)

rob you are really rockin' it here! You are so right about never being able to let the guard down. I did that 15 years ago when I quit smoking the first time. I can't afford to diddle around for another 15 years with either smoking OR drinking. I don't have those kinds of years left for lousy livin' any more!! I want some good years of CLEAN livin'!!

HannahB, I'm so sorry about Guerrino. It sounds like he can't get much nutrition at all - I assume he is still on the IV's? But I think you said he is no longer on the feeding tube? I hope your sister is somehow holding up. :l to you our friend. There are no words.

FMF - It sounds like the wedding was absolutely beautiful! I'm so glad for you and your daughter and her new hubby. Good for you taking a pass on the bubbly!

Satori, you are such a bad boy. You need to stop stalking the Booze Bustin' Women or we will have to spank you. And before you say something "smart" indicating you might like that, I will just remind you that I am dealing with rather large tree branches today. I assure you, this is one spanking you will never forget, and that won't be from enjoyment. Congratulations on Day 46. You must always keep your quit as your entertainment is so wonderful!! Thanks for always keeping us laughing!!

I hope I didn't miss anyone since my last post!! I need to now go back outside and help with the continued yard cleanup. It's Day 56 here and groovy groovy.

DG
          :award: + * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

PS - COOL!! I just learned yesterday how to my a hyperlink where you type in your own text such as "Fugly Green Suit" and make it link somewhere. IT WORKED!! YEAH!!! (I'm easily entertained - Mr. Doggy is a lucky man indeed!)
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

OHHHH, Scarrrrryyyy!

Satori, is this the face you wear when you do audits? :H Attached files [img]/converted_files/320320=1737-attachment.jpg[/img]
            The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Mine is more like this!:H

Attached files [img]/converted_files/320322=1739-attachment.jpg[/img]
              The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

And hello to all the rest of you!

DG - Hope the yard clean up went well today and the yard slaves (er, nephews) got a lot done and enjoyed roaring around on the 4 w drives. Yum, baby back ribs. . . Remember, I told you to throw your !#*@#*&% scale away anyways, so you don't have to worry about stepping on it anyhow. Between you and me, what's up w Satori? When did he become the stalker? Oh, very scary. . . ..

Sounds like all our new members are cruising right along.

Rust, congrats on day 2, on to 3 tomorrow!

Out - Hope you are picking up some helpful adivce re your depression. Wishing you all the best.

Londoner (Anna) Yes, for sure you can talk about all kinds of things here, it makes the posts more interesting, and helps us to get to know one another. Also a huge amount of support here. Something that may have sparked a binge before can often be avoided by getting your feelings out, and working through your emotions - and we are good listeners, no one here is ever judgemental, we just lean on and support one another. A pretty wonderful place, really.

FMF - So glad wedding went so very well. Sounds like you had a blast, and it was a truly fairytale wedding. Looking forward to a newsy post as soon as you get home, and as Satori said - WE WANT PICS!

Well, night all. The boards are a little quiet this weekend, will be nice when everyone is back and we catch up again. Have a very good AF day tomorrow, all.

Comment

Hi everyone, well into Day 3 and feeling good. Had absolutely no cravings yesterday. It probably helped that hubby had to travel so there was no wine about but felt better. Had a reasonably good night's sleep, some weird dreams about the past but I guess I now can remember the dreams, before it was an alcoholic slumber. Kids are back at school full time this morning so I set the alarm early and listened to Clearing cd 1, am going to listen to 2 during the day and the sleep one tonight. I want to give them a go this time for the recommended 21/30 days. Have a good day everyone.

Rustop

Comment

Hannah;190201 wrote: Satori, is this the face you wear when you do audits? :H
                    Whaddya mean - "when I do audits???"

All work and no play makes satori a dull boy

Love

Satori
                    xxx

Comment

HannahDeb

You have done something different to your hair - YUM! - I think I'm gonna have to stalk YOU now!

Satori

xxx Attached files [img]/converted_files/320339=1739-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Hey all, you inspiring lot!

I've been dragging my feet about joining you, despite checking in and hanging around the past few days. But please CAN YOU COUNT ME IN? I'm on day 8 AF and in need of all the support and encouragement I can get.

Cheers, (whoops! maybe not the right greeting??)
                        Kyna
                        Kyna

Comment

Me too...

On Day 5 AF...need all the help I can get!!

A little easier every day though...
                          Working on it... AF as of...[sigh]. Today...today is all that matters.

Comment

Good Holiday Morning Absters- Its Labor Day here in the US of A.

Wow so many new folks here! Great to see you all. Resolute and Kyna welcome.

Rus- Glad to see that you're starting to stackup those AF (alcohol free) days.

Becuse there are so many new faces here I'll give you a little rundown on the Who's Who on our travilin salvation show. This is only sorta kinda official.

DG-DoggyGirl is our Official leader- She is our cheerleader/slavedriver. She is also the keeper of the fugly green suit that anyone who slips must wear for a minute, then take off and get back on the AF bus.

Hannah- Would be our unofficial Secretary. She has the time and patience to keep up with who is currently hanging out with us and how many days AF they currently have. Especially since some of us have gotten to be slackers and do not do the shout out to say how many days AF we are (I'm currently working on day 23).

July is our unofficial Sage. He is a man of few words, but they are always meaningful and get us thinking.

Meditation Mama is the resident expert on natural health matters. Although there are many members here who are intersted in and know about alternative meds.

Satori- Oh my, let me see, what can I say, hmmm. I guess the best description is : Unofficial jokester, resident stalker/buddist. Now if trying to figure that out doesn't drive you to dring it should be good for keeping you AF for a day or two.

People come and go here. We share our triumphs and failures. Stories about our families and lives but mostly just cheer each other on and offer advise or a shoulder to cry on as needed.

So welcome to all the new folks. Jump right in.

Love and Peace
                            Rob

Comment

Meditation Mamma-You had a bad dream about my ativar? Its a Zwinky. Note to self change ativar.

Comment

GOOD DAY BOOZE BUSTERS!!! I've got a smile on my face and jet fuel in my kudzu today - which I think is Day 55 AF - 5 more to go in 30 Day Booze Bustin' Challenge #2. That is just so hard to believe considering where I was mentally and physically 2 short months ago. WOW!! Life is good my friends. Not always perfect, but always good.

WELCOME NEW BOOZE BUSTERS!!! A hearty hello to Kyna - congratulations on Day 8! and Resolute - Congratulations on Day 5! WE CAN DO THIS!! We all look forward to getting to know you better.

rob, congrats on Day 23 (thanks for shouting out your stats BTW - makes everything SO much easier!) And THANKS for that awesome intro of the crazies oops I mean people oops I mean Booze Busters. I will just add that among all of Satori's other talents, he also leads the Booze Busters Male Cheerleader Review. They perform for the Booze Bustin' women at our 30 day challenge celebrations. An added incentive.

Hello Hannah!! What day are you on now? 40 something I think - you and Satori one day apart. Um...that is quite a look there for audits.........Do you own stock in the company who makes Aqua Net hair spray??

Hi Satori!!! I hear the weather is good somewhere in Scotland today (Popeye) - hopefully that is true in YOUR location. Does SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) know about this stalking habit of yours?? Hmmm????

Today was my official Session #2 of Week #1 of my 12 Week beginner Bowflex program. I upped all the weights from last time, and need to up most of them again for Wednesday. I'm going cautious though - would rather start too light and work my way up gradually than hurt myself. **oh wise great pumpkin, how many bowflex weeks does it take to get hawt?**

Well, I better go let the doggies out and make some breakfast. Happy holiday for those in the US, and Happy Monday to all!

DG
                                :award: + * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
                                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                                X