Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BOOZE BUSTERS 30 DAY CHALLENGE - 8/29 NEW THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the welcomes, and support.
    DAY NINE TODAY!
    Have gone down with flu overnight though so won't be very active on the boards today. You guys are great - so much encouragment - I'm feeling very motivated to making these changes.

So thanks to you all, and looking fwd to checking in with you throughout the month!

Kyna
    Kyna

Comment

I forgot to check in here today!!

Wow, look at all the new people - how exciting!!!

I'm not going to say anything but helllooooo, cus I will check in in the morning.

Day 17 here!! Right.. I'll have to check - that's a good thing!

MM
      Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Late check-in...

Thanks for the warm welcome!! Making my way here...'on the road'/'doing the hotel thing' but haven't fallen off the wagon yet!! For me, this is quite a milestone...best to all!!

Take care...
        Working on it... AF as of...[sigh]. Today...today is all that matters.

Comment

Good Evening, Booze Bustin' Buddies

We folk in Canada also get the labour day long weekend, and was a beautiful day - won't be too many more of them here, so made the most of it. Hubby and I went & looked at a few acerages over the weekend. Both of them were somewhat of a disappointment in that the houses were old and in need of a lot of work. So we will keep looking, but hubby is thinking that perhaps the opening own business idea isn't going to fly. (Which is an enormous relief to me, actually).

Wow, our troop is expanding yet again! Welcome, Kyna, hope the flue bug didn't bite you too hard - no fun, that. Congrats on day 9, you are well on your way!

Resolute - Day 5 under your belt, now on to day 6! Don't you feel proud of yourself?

Hi MM! Are the fires out? Bet you'll be glad to have everything badk to normal, or at least as normal as they can be for someone in the middle of a move. Congrats on Day 17!

Rob - Wow, you are rocking at day 23! Only a week away from your party! and we have a few coming up soon, Reteacher (Mary) and DG will be hitting their 2nd 30 day AF stint on Friday and Saturday. Haven't heard from Mary for a bit, but I'm sure she is cruising right along there.

And next up will be Satori - who is ahead of me by one day - although he'd better watch his back, er, drink, after making such rude comments about my hairstyle! (DG, it's held in place w Elmer's White Glue, and yes, I own stock!). :H

And Satori - ya don't scare me!

Finding - You must not be home yet. Looking forward to all the juicy details about the wedding!

Hello and good night also to anyone I missed, or who was away for the weekend and didn't check in. :hallo:

Well, goodnight all. By the way, there are several ways you can shout out your AF days, you can either be sedate and understated and simply say ____ days AF, or you can
          shout them loud and proud, and show the gold stars you earn for every day AF. Once you have 30 days AF under your belt, you are awarded your first trophy. So, for example, my 46 days AF will look like this:

Shouting Loud & Proud:

:award: + ********** ******
          The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Starting again

Hi ya

Hope you are all well and welcome to the newbies.

I am starting day 1 again.

I just had to drink last night, not sure whether it was to punish myself or to forget. Last year hubby and I pawned a bracelet with the intention of redeeming it, but I forgot to renew it and now it's gone. It was of sentimental value to my husband as it was given to him by his late father. He was upset but took it well. We admitted we were naive to do that but needed the money at the time. Anyway I just had to drink as I couldn't stop feeling guilty about it.

On a more happier note I passed my college entrance exam (although the course administrator was trying to pick on a few technical errors in closing the account _ silly b***h) the figure were all correct and the books balanced. The lecturer agreed that I could start on the next level.

Comment

Hi Hannah - lovely post as ever, love.... Um, I've never typed the ol' stars bit but I think I'm going to sort of (enjoyably) procrastinate for a few minutes here before hitting the 'going back to school day' by typing today's days.......

********** ********** ********** ********** ********** ********** ********** ********** ********** **********

Amazing! I know we work in 30's here but somehow 3 figures seems a bit of a milestone and I wouldn't be at it without the fantastic love and support I get here.... A few white knuckle moments but there you all were and I know you will be for them in the future (bound to be a few; we're living, feeling beings here....!) MWO fills my mind most of the time but sometimes I realise it is just that and I've actually stopped obsessing about why I'm here!! The old firewater isn't anywhere near the forefront of my mind any more.... and here has helped me to relax about the fear that if I find I've sipped from someone else's glass or I choose to wet my lips with a taste from a ?400 bottle of wine (dream on! Twice in one lifetime?!?!? Remembering the first will keep me going!) wont be the end of the world and I wont be thrown out or watch WW3 break out....

Thanks guys..... You're the best. And keep going everyone; I was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh scared 100 days ago but it's cool! If I can do it so can you!

Much love all round.
              Finding xx
              :heart: c: :heart:
              "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Lotus - our posts overlapped and I feel tactless now..... I think that's great about your course...well done!

It's really horrible when something like that happens with sentimental stuff.... more letting go..... aaagh! I'm not good at it and it would have produced the same feelings in me. I'm not sure I wouldn't have had a drink too...I'm never that complacent honest!

Back you go - or not.... as I typed that I thought that that's the trouble perhaps? We feel we must go back each time..........? Why? We just have to get up and start running again. Waste of time 'going back' isn't it? Come on girl - up you get, dust down and set off from right here....sort the day thing out later when you've got your stride back....

Love and hug
                Finding xx

Comment

Hi everyone. Well done to Hannah and Doggy, how in the world do you remember everyone? I take my hat off to you. I enjoy reading everybody's news but sometimes by the time I reach the end I get the names mixed up. Anyway looking forward to getting to know you all better. Start of Day 4 for me and feeling good. No cravings at all yesterday. Doing the cd's, supplements, exercise etc so something is working. The week is always easier than the week end and I know I have a long road ahead of me but feeling optimistic. Finding it hard to find the time to do the cd's, todays lot taking a couple of hours but I set the alarm an hour early and listened to one hour before getting the girls up for school and am playing the subliminal now as I type away on the computer. It takes commitment but I know that's what I was lacking last year so am now getting my ass in gear.

Rustop

Comment

Hi everyone,

Hope you dont mind me joining up at this late stage ... I'm on Day 9 today. Thanks to Kyna for suggesting that I give this a go and thanks to you all for helping me get this far.

I starting taking meds a week ago and they've helped, but they've also taken a bit of a while getting used to. However, I went for a light jog on Sunday night and again tonight and now I feel more relaxed than i have since I gave up. There's a few ups and downs even to this stage, but it's all worth it.

I like the idea of living for these 30 days in a state of calmness.

I hope you're all feeling Ok.

Ben

Comment

Hi

Haven't been here for some days what with the weekend, and visiting friends etc. But glad to say I am now 19 days af, and feeling proud. Over the weekend we went to see friends who took us out for an indian curry. I had declined the offer of an alcoholic drink at their home, which was OK, I just said I was not drinking, and no questions were asked, and fortunately, the indian restaurant did not sell alcohol, which, UK members will identify, to have an indian curry without copious supplies of cold beer takes somehing! I settled for a mango drink and lots and lots of water(curry is hot). It was OK they didn't sell alcohol because I didn't need to think shall I shan't I. Again I declined the offer of a glass of wine back at their home, and thought hey I'm doing OK here(this being the first real outside challenge to my drinking). On the drive back, which is about 1 hour from our home boy did I get some cravings, and I don't know what sparked it off. I was sitting there(my husband drove), thinking of all the reasons why I could treat myself to some wine, then thinking why I shouldn't, on and on. I thought OK you can have that drink, it's only one day, but then I thought, yes, but I would have to start on day 1 again, and boy that wasn't going to happen. So after about 25 minutes I talked myself out of wanting a drink and into wanting to stay AF.

Glad to hear so many of you are doing OK, and also glad we have some nice weather in the UK for a change, there is this very strange circular object in the sky, which is very bright, oooh yes, it's the sun!!! Been absent for most of the summer! Waving to everyone before me, and to everyone to come

:l Mary

********** ********* af days

Comment

Hullo all

This is Day 9 AF for me, just like Benno. It feels really good to have energy!
                        Stay well everyone and have some fun too.

Anna x
                        IS MILIS FION,ACH IS SEARBH A IOC
                        Wine is sweet, but paying for it is bitter

Comment

HELLO BOOZE BUSTERS!! Glad to see many folks have already checked in after the holiday weekend for US and looks like Canada too. I tried to post earlier, but something strange was happening - hit the "reply" button several times with no action. Anyway, I'm back now for a quickie post before heading out the door for today's deeds.

Kyna, welcome to Day 10 and CONGRATULATIONS!!! I hope your flu goes away soon. You are doing GREAT with your 30 day AF challenge!!

MM, congratulations on Day 18! Sounds like you had an awesome weekend with all the holiday activities and such. Are the fires out? One of these days I should explain how I discovered that green blobs and blue squares mean RELATIVE things, not ABSOLUTE things, on a ski slope. You will laugh whether you ski or not.

Resolute - congrats on Day 6. And my hat is off to you for this accomplishment while on the road and dealing with the hotel thing. I know where I used to be every night back in my "road warrier" days which are thankfully over! Keep on rockin' it!

HannnahBDeb!! Congrats on...47, right? WOW!! I'm glad the land shopping experience turned out exactly the way you wanted it to!

Lotus, I'm sorry to hear about the slip. I'm SO glad you came right back to get going again. OK...you know you gotta do it...... Fugly Green Suit...... OK. Now that butt kickin' is over and we're gonna strap you back on to this Booze Bustin' wagon! I'm sorry that your bracelet was gone. I was in a really bad situation a number of years ago and felt like I had to pawn some of my stuff. I did get it all back before the expiration, but I can see how things could work out otherwise. I would have been devastated. Onward and forward to better times, right? CONGRATULATIONS on passing your entrance exam!!! THAT is AWESOME.

WHEE!!! FMF makes 100 Days AF!!! :yougo: I know what you mean - those tripple digits have GOT to feel awsome!! I can't wait to join you there!! WE WANT WEDDING STORIES AND PICTURES!!! Did your dress stay up?? (I'm only asking because Satori will want to know.... )

Congratulations Rustop on Day 4!! I really do think the program works when you work it - glad to hear the supps, cd's, exercise are keeping the craves away. (Quote from July enhanced by Satori: "It would be grave to cave to the crave(TM)") I know what you mean about really having to work to get all the CD's in. I haven't been doing so hot at that lately, and I really miss them! I named the "voice" Will because he reminds me of some of the monotone voice characters that Will Forte plays on old Saturday Night Live episodes. I love going to the "humm-ick" on the beach with Will!

Welcome Benno!! Congratulations on Day 9. Glad you find that jogging relaxes you. I'm generally alergic to exercise, but now that I'm in the daily routine, I really do like how it makes me feel once it's over with. What meds are you taking - Topa? That's the one piece of the program I opted not to do but I'm very interesting in hearing about people's results, so I hope you will share!

MadisonmayMary, contrats on 19 days and BIG hoorah for making it through the evening with friends and indian food with no drinkies. I LOVE Indian food! Bring on the heat!! An old boss of mine who was originally from the UK turned me on to Indian food and I fell in love with it. Luckily we went to a place for lunch, so it's one food I never associated closely with drinking! Anyway, good for you and putting your AF state higher on the totem pole than the temporary, short term pleasure that a drink might have brought. (along with bringing all the other junk in the trunk)

What the heck day is it here?? Day 56 and closin' in on the end of Challenge #2. I'm not gonna blow it now that's for sure. The Dreadmill and Torture Tracks are done for the day and I've already knocked a bunch of stuff off my to do list. Next I'm going to set up the freezer for defrosting, and go run all over town doing errands. It's another BEAUTIFUL weather day here in Chicago. Now if Mr. Scale would stop being so EVIL my life would be perfect. (well, you know what I mean!!)

Have a stellar AF day everyone. Hi to all who I may have missed (sorry) and all yet to come!

LOUD AND PROUD!!
                          :award: + * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hello all...I'm out the door in a far-away land. Got a good start on beating this!!

Good day -- best of luck all around. Till tomorrow...

AF Day 6...and counting.
                            Working on it... AF as of...[sigh]. Today...today is all that matters.

Comment

Hello all.

DG - thanks!! Yes, pleased little me. But onwards now.... Wedding stories tomorrow, promise! Yes, dress stayed up...no grubby pics on the way....bad luck (or very good luck actually Satori!!!:H ) Want to tell them but been sooooh busy getting my son back to his boarding school :boohoo: (Me not him and just inside) tonight. In the old days today really would have been a day for a drink to end the day (big upsetting argument with my 18 yr old daughter too today - OK now).... just the old fashioned good old days type of just one.... but, no.... why?!?!; coz it doesn't do anything but make things worse. Sometimes I have just a half bottle (!) of AF Becks and just the taste is enough to signify a 'relax' and I don't want any more.... Aren't I darned lucky!!! Didn't even want that tonight. Wow! A loooooong way from 100 days ago.

So tomorrow, tidying up (can't see the TV for empty carrier bags and packaging that got cast aside during the frantic packing!), visiting the bank (the card 'stopped' letting me pay for things at the last minute...??!??!! Ominous indeed!) and catching up here on the boards.

Love to all and Mary, you're a real star. So well described (the curry trip) and I take my hat off to you. Those endless internal discussions!!!! Aaaagh! But they're worth it as you've shown - BRILL! Crack on everyone - it's worth it!

Back tomorrow. Absolutely 'nacked!!! :surrender:

:huggy all round.
                              Finding x

Comment

Good reading new and old and renewed Booze Busters,

The posts are accumulating and the new energy is wonderful.

I'm off to bed after catching up with these posts. A better kind of night cap.:thumbsup

July

AF 40 Days

Comment

Working...
                                X