Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BOOZE BUSTERS 30 DAY CHALLENGE - 8/29 NEW THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Evening Absters-Late checkin here. Just wanted to say hi to all and let you know that I'm thinking about you.
    Love and Peace

Comment

Finding, this rose is for you. Congrats on 100 days AF! And you did this thru a very challenging time, too. Your 100 stars looked awesome, and you deserve to be proud!:applaud: Looking forward to hearing all about the wedding, but I can relate to the exhaustion you must be feeling right now. (And the mountain of laundry that is no doubt waiting!)

Lotus - Ah, well, so you slipped. We are here to support you as you Rally Ho! and give it another go!!!!! (Except, of course, for wearing DG's lovely puke green suit - NOBODY escapes that!

Resolute - Hi. Happy day 6, onto 7!

Kyrna - How ya feeling? Hope better. :getwell: Congrats on day 10, onward to 11!

Rustop - Day 9! Cruisin' right along there! I never did supp's or CD's, but have heard they are great. DG seems to be pretty impressed with "Will", (is Will a sexy voice hmmm....?)

Benno! Also day 9! On to 10! Admire you people who can jog. I am not and never will be a runner, there are parts of my anatomy that are just not meant to jiggle that much! I can do a mean speedwalk, tho.

Madison May (Mary) (19 days, on to 20! Wow!) Congrats to you on your stick-to-it-ivness. Boy, I have had that same conversation (should I? could I? will I? won't I?) w myself many, many times. :teeter: These little guys just about say it all, don't they?

My hubby is off on a two or three day business trip, so it's just me and my dawg. In the old days, that would mean buying a very large bottle of vino and watching lots of mindless TV while I drank it. These days I sit in front of the computer screen instead, and drink gallons of sparkling water! It's a evolution that I am very happy about! I plan to keep busy w some major cleaning out of closets and cupboards. DG, you and I will have the cleanest closets in town. I like to do that when hubby is away, because then he never sees what I am chucking that he absolutely couldn't do without if he knew, but will never miss if he doesn't.

Well, should go rustle up some grub. Hi to Rob, Satori, Reteacher (Mary) Rob, Rob2, Chief, July, AF, Arial, Lilaclover, Pinkie . . . .I could go on and on! Quite a few of us Booze Busters now! I'll just say a big HI! to everyone, and have a great AF day tomorrow!

LOUD & PROUD:

:award: + ********** ******* Attached files [img]/converted_files/321246=1760-attachment.jpg[/img]
      The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Aw Hannah love.............you made me cry!!!! That is just sooooooooooooh lovely.:h Thank you! I'm going to try and print it off and pin it up. Very special! I hope you have a good closet-clear. Pleeeeeeeeeeeezecan you come and do mine?!?! I am hopeless at it and even the bags put out for charity are still on the landing after 3 months.......... Still, it is on my 'New Year' (as in September!) list and I have the annual house 'Inspection' on Monday. Renting in the UK means you have to live as your landlord wants......grrrrr! I know I'm cluttered ('under-housed' my aunt says!!) but I don't expect the person I'm paying to tell me to clear up things like piles of paper but they will.............!! (I will get rid of the bags; I do have some pride you know!!!!)

A repeat, sorry... but I posted last night that I saw my old house - the last one I owned! - for sale yesterday.... we sold just before reposession (?!) at ?128,000 and it's now up for ?600,000 and it's beee-yooooo-ti-ful!!!!! Funny old life! But it IS life and I'm happy.)

Love and big hugs to all :l and I WILL get the wedding news down later!
        (Hey, I got my first ever 101....today! :H I don't even know what a 101 is being from across the pond but I gather it's very good?!?! Is it? )

Finding xx
        :heart: c: :heart:
        "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Hi folks - just dropping by to report that I am still alive!

As usual - not much time to post - even with the recent audit now out of the way!

Dont have time to say hi to you all personally - but I will try to get more time here later!

So for now - Hi to all my old buddies on the booze busting trail and a BIG welcome to all the newcomers that I have not had time to "meet" yet.

I am looking forward to getting to know you!

Special mention to Finding, - 100 days - awesome - you are obviously Twice as good at this as I am - :goodjob:

I'm on day 49 here!!!
          Well - you wanted loud and proud!
          (I REALLY can't believe how quick the AF days are stacking up!)

Talk to you all - and will catch up with your news - real soon

Love

satori

xxx
          "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Hi All! Day 26 here and all is well... Congrats to all on AF Runs!!!

Comment

Everyone's doing soooh well! Satori - no way, I am not twice as good daft bu**er!!! ...you're doing great...but thanks for the note anyways...

Back later too, still trying to find the house under all the cr*p!!!! And the hotel took the money for the bill twice so I'm even broker (temp) than I was this morning! But good things today too...hope so for you guys too...

Love Finding - something - one day - !!!! x :h

Comment

Just saying hullo on Day 10 - I mean to go out tomorrow and buy me some treats - any ideas? Please keep it decent. And non-fattening.

Anna
                IS MILIS FION,ACH IS SEARBH A IOC
                Wine is sweet, but paying for it is bitter

Comment

HELLO BOOZE BUSTERS!!! And a glorious day it is to be kickin' some Booze Beast Booty. I have been busier than a dominatrix at a spank festival lately, and especially today hence my late check in. But life is sure good. How the heck did all this day to day stuff get done when I was drinking all day every day??? I sure wasn't doing it. Truth is, it WASN'T getting done. Now our house is clean (thank you cleaning lady for being on my team!!) and we eat REAL food for our meals and the laundry is always caught up etc. etc. etc. I have some NEWS!! But first, a big hello to all who have visited since my last one!

Resolute, welcome to Day 7!! By bed time that's one whole week. Good for you!

FMF - Happy Day 101! Does it still feel great to be in tripple digits? LOL on being "under-housed" rather than over cluttered. That's a good one I will remember!!

July, happy day 41! A new quotabal July quote!! "MWO c: is a better kinda night cap!"

Hi rob!!

HannahBDeb, have fun cleaning those closets while hubby is away. I too enjoy getting rid of stuff. I also like sometimes finding forgotten treasure!!! (well, it happens ONCE in awhile!) You and doggygirl enjoy your girlie time for a couple of days!

Hi Satori!!! I like your look a lot better when you are done auditing. Happy Day 49!!! That is awesome.

Hi Chief!! It's great to see you and congratulations on Day 26!! CHIEF's PARTY IS ON SUNDAY!! I better get internet searching to find you a nice "gift!"

Congratulations LondonerAnna on Day 10. I don't know about you, but I found it really cool to hit double digitis. WHEE!!! You are 1/3 of the way to your 30 Day Challenge Celebration.

I hope I didn't miss anyone. And hello to all who are yet to come as I probably won't be able to get back on line today.

Anyway, for the news. I haven't mentioned it lately I don't think, but awhile back I was wondering about the possibility of new hobbies and interests to fill some of that time drinking used to take up. There is only so much closet cleaning, etc. that I will find entertaining LOL!!! Well, I've been thinking for a long time about getting a nice digital camera and learning how to use it - maybe eventually taking some photography classes and such just for fun. Well, yesterday Mr. Doggy gave me the nod (we always jointly agree on this sort of stuff) to go ahead and order my new camera. It should last me a good long time in terms of gadgetry to learn about. LOL, I hope I will at least be able to take some beginner pictures in automatic modes soon!! It should be here in a few days and I can't wait.

Mean time, I have been occupied with really fun stuff like defrosting the freezer and picking up the never ending yard debris from the storms. Anyone want my life????? Pwetty Pwease????? Anyway, it's Day 57 and I think I'm in heaven!!!!

LOUD AND PROUD!!

:award: + * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

DG - just to say a big thank you for your HUGE energy and enthusiam and support and care and thoughtfulness.... (I've got myself a little book I will fill in with everyone's little bits of info so I can try and remember so many pertinent things just like you do... I want to but get all muddled and then don't want to get it all wrong!!)

And yes, I don't know how anything used to get done either before............ Except the clutter (even 'under-housed'!) must still be p****d cos that isn't improving any!!! Too busy making phone calls, getting jobs, starting courses, 'kid-caring', umpiring teenagers and being here (good one that)............:H

But getting those things done is a real good feeling....getting stronger by the day.

Love Finding xx :l

Comment

Want to join the challenge!

I introduced myself in the Ready to Jump In thread and I want to join the Booze Busters 30day challenge. You seem like such a fun group for non-drinkers!

This is day 2 AF for me. I usually start to weaken around day 4 but this time I will remain strong. I?m doing this without telling my husband. Many times we?ve decided to not drink during the week and he usually caves first around day 3 or 4. Then I usually say what the heck and pour myself a glass so he won?t have to drink alone (ha!). Not this time. There are two big (1.5L) bottles of wine in the wine rack. When they are gone he will have to get more himself because wine is no longer on my shopping list.

I ordered the book and CDs today and there is gonna be a change in me. I am not flaunting what I?m doing but he will eventually notice the change and hopefully hop on wagon too

LZ

Comment

LZ - :welcome: !!!!!

Good on you. Climb aboard and be prepared to have a rich, rewarding, fun, challenging, bouncy but supported time here. These guys are just the best.

Be here to read your posts and news...it's all going to get better from now on believe me - just hang in there the first few days wont you? You CAN do it this time round.

Love Finding xx

Comment

Hi my friends...

I am so sorry I haven't checked in much this week. It's the first week of school, so it's been up and out of the house and no time for the computer. Then work all day and home at night packing getting ready to move, we start this weekend and won't finish up until next weekend. I will stay in touch, but I fear it will be brief over the next week. I am doing well, no fires, in fact we had a flash flood warning today - go figure!

Read through everyone's posts and am so proud of eveyone - YOU ALL MAKE ME STRONGER!!!!

LOUD AND PROUD DAY 20!!!

XOXOOXOXOX

MM
                          Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Doggygirl;191467 wrote: I have been busier than a dominatrix at a spank festival lately,
                            Oh, DG, don't even go there! I like your idea of photography for a hobby much better! What kind of camera did you order? Is it digital? If so, you HAVE to get yourself the following software "Microsoft Digital Image Suite Anniversary Edition". You can take your digital pictures, and do some pretty awesome things w them. You can even take non-digital pictures and scan them, and carry on to do some pretty awesome thing w them too. You can restore old pictures, etc. I hightly recommend it. I used it and my digital camera to do my avator. You are going to love this, DG - I can see you now, chasing everyone around w your camera, driving everyone crazy . . . :H

MM - Glad fires are out. OF COURSE now you will have flash floods. Good luck on the move, I so am glad it's not me this time (3 moves in last 2 years). And CONGRATS on day 20! Whoeeee!!!

LindZee - WELCOME! We are a crazy but loveable bunch, and just luvvv to meet new people. Your decision to stop drinking whether or not your hubby does is exactly what I did. At first he was sort of reluctant, but has actually cut his drinking down to business dinners and the like, and no booze in the house. Good luck to you w that too!

Londoner - Hmmm....... I keep a stash of fat free sugar free fudgsicles in the freezer, and always have some gum in my purse. Also eat a LOT of fruit. For AF drinks, try sparkling water w a sqeeeze of lemon or lime - use lots of ice to make it seem "special". Way to go on day 10! Double digits!!!!

Chief - the days are stacking up! Leave room on your calendar for your party on Sunday!!!! I've invited some special friends!:disco:

Satori - Bet you never thought you'd be so thrilled to be "turning 50"! Way to go!

Well, as planned, I slogged through a few closets today, took a few bags of clothing to the drop box for goodwill. Cleaned up pantry and garage some too. Major accomplishment on Sunday was to get hubby to slog through the office and now we actually have some bare surfaces again. I have informed him I am the official "file clerk" from now on, and no way is it going back to it's former disaster status!

Talked to hubby on the phone, he went out w bigwigs for supper tonite. I told him I had bought a frozen personal pan pizza and cooked it for supper, and he said "Oh, well, then, I won't tell you what I had for supper" and I said "No, don't you dare. I thought I was doing well to have even had something hot!" And it's true, often when he's away I just forget to eat and then wonder how come I am just draggiin my butt!

Well, am going to take advantage of the quite house and try to get to bed at a decent hour tonight. Hi to anyone I missed, and keep on keepin on, all youse BoozeBustin Buddies!
                            The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

That's "quiet house", not "quite" house. Duhhhhh.....

And how could I forget???!!!!

Shouting loud and proud:

:award: + ********** ********:yay:

Comment

Hello all!! Welcome LindZee...congrats on your new resolve. If my public math is correct, I'm on...

DAY 8 AF!!!

Just checking in...busy on the other side of the world. Run, run...funny to think how I'd waste hours on end drinking only a short week ago!!

Gotta' find a hobby too...have fun w/ the camera DG!!

Till tomorrow...
                                Working on it... AF as of...[sigh]. Today...today is all that matters.

Comment

Working...
                                X