Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BOOZE BUSTERS 30 DAY CHALLENGE - 8/29 NEW THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a quick hullo to all and yes indeed I have reached 15 days AF-I would love to say I feel great, but for some reason, after a hectic and wonderful weekend, I am dog tired today. At least all I have to do is take it easy tonight!

So I am half-way there! It's great to see everyone doing well, especially with moving house, hosting booze parties (I couldn't do that!! Brill!) ETC. And LZee getting past the danger days!

Benno, glad to have you back online as we share a start date and we are both Hampstead Heathers - I will check when I am there next to see if you carved your name on any of the trees(!)

I love this time of year, it's still hot here in London town, but fresher. We are keeping our greenery for longer, so the leaves of the trees that line my street almost meet in the middle of the road! Like a very long arch, beautiful. Even more beautiful to notice these things!!

Anna

:groupluv:
    IS MILIS FION,ACH IS SEARBH A IOC
    Wine is sweet, but paying for it is bitter

Comment

Just a quick hello to all.

Well done to those who have reached milestones, be it 1, 15, 30, 60 days, its a huge achievement and we all should be proud. We are doing that and facing all kinds of every day challenges from moving house, kids, inlaws etc. Thank God for these boards, we can vent, share good news, ask for advice. Much more productive than sitting in an AA meeting recalling all the terrible things we did while drunk. Sorry, I'm not a fan of AA, I just could not relate to any of the people I met there. Maybe I was unlucky but since coming on these boards and reading about other people, its like my life story over and over again.

Day 10 for me and I am taking my supplements, listening to the cd's, exercising, eating healthy etc. I have also started my online counselling so it's all systems go. No cravings yesterday but I am taking it day by day.

Rustop

Comment

Hallo to all, I'm in on the 30 day challenge! Passed day 6 today anf feeling so good...
        And good luck to all of you then.
        Jessie
        make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

Day 7 AF

Happy Monday everyone! I'm almost glad that the weekend is over because staying AF on weekdays is so much easier than on the weekend. But I still haven't had a drink.

Saturday night we cooked at home, always a trigger. We were preparing an Italian dish and hubby opened up a bottle of Cabernet and asked if I wanted a glass. I declined but took a wine glass and filled it with ice and a clear soft drink. Weird but sometimes it helps just to hold a wine glass and after a while you almost forget it's not wine. I did the same thing Sunday night.

My husband still hasn't asked why I wasn't drinking though he had to notice. I think he wanted to avoid a conversation which might touch on his drinking problem and I don't think he's ready to face that yet. Surprisingly though, he drank much less this weekend than he usually does. I'm not in any hurry for a big discussion --when the time is right I know it will happen.

Hannah, I also think it's good your husband could tell you about the gentlemens club. My husband sometimes travels with a guy from work who always wants to go to those places. Once hubby went along and afterward he gave me a very funny critique about the sleazy place. I'd rather he talk to me about it than keep it secret

FMF - it's so true that booze stinks when you're not drinking it. Ya mean I used to to smell like that

Welcome Indigosky and Jessie! I think we all started on the same day...and we can do this!

MM - so glad you're feeling a little better today. Your new place sounds wonderful with the mountain views!

LZ

Comment

New Thread Started!!!

:hijacked:

Well, not really - but these threads get kind of long and hard to keep up with, so we start a new one every few weeks. Look for it - Rob started the new one this morning.

See ya all there!!!!!
            The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Hi all!

I'M BACK from the flu! AND NOW ON DAY 16 AF!! First time online in over a week, and it took me a good long while to read through all your posts. YOU MAKE ME SMILE! All of you! Hard to keep track of everyone, but I thank you for all your encouragement and kind words, spurring me on!

Am glad that I made the decision to join this thread and commit to 30 days as it has made all the difference.

Keep up the good work people, It's good to be back amongst you all again!

Kyna
              Kyna

Comment

Welcome back Kyna - so glad you're better! See you over on the new thread? Didn't want your comeback to go un-noticed though!!!
                Love
                FMF x
                :heart: c: :heart:
                "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Working...
                X