Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday, August 30th

Beatle-
    I did a whole 7mo before my slip and I'll be damned if I started back to 0. I technically am at 8mo with 1 slip. I am at 246 AFdays. I just penalized myself a whole week since it took me a whole week to recover even if I didn't drink during that time.

You count the way you want to since this is your journey. I'm sure there are people here at MWO who do slip or over-drink but are ashamed to admit it. That's the ugly side of this disease-embarrassment & humiliation. I almost didn't want to say anything but thought that sharing my experience would only show that even after 7 mo (and you think you're in control) it can just sneak up on you. I didn't let that slip take me back-instead it made me stronger & more determined. And by admitting it it helped me move on.

Hi Janka-welcome aboard!
    :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Thursday, August 30th

Hi All...checking in late. Went to my homeowners assoc meeting tonight. I have to pack - leaving for parents tomorrow morning - so I may be out of touch for several days.
      Breez and Dg - thanks for the laugh:H "Hey - have fun at the free clinic!!!"

Congrats to everyone for their accomplishments ...af days are just piling up around here!
      I'm another ex smoker..
      I quit smoking 12/31/2005. I was impossible for a month, then I was irritable for the next month, and by the third month I was ok to be out in the public!
      I think being able to quit smoking kind of gave me the nerve to face up to the drinking problem. I thought that if I could quit smoking...maybe I could do something about the drinking.
      Anyway...good luck to everyone quitting both. It is a great and honorable plan! :h

Going to bed -
      Have agreat night
      Lisa

Comment

Working...
      X