Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Booze Bustin' Rob Celebrates 30 days +1!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OOPs, we missed Rob's party - she reached this milestone yesterday. We were so tuckered out from Chief's big party that we plum forgot! So sorry, Rob - we'll just to have to party all the harder to make up for it! :H

I've got the flowers
    and the candy (er, EYE candy!) so we are ready to

PARTEEEEEE!!!!!!

Congratulations Rob! Good job!!!!!!!

:award: + * Attached files [img]/converted_files/12349=1843-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/12349=1844-attachment.jpg[/img]
    The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Rob well done

Rob,

Well done on your 30 day AF goal.:thumbs:

I have enjoyed reading your posts and the positive support you have expressed to all of us Booze Busters--me included.

Be proud of your accomplishment, we sure are.

July

Comment

Congratulations Rob :bow - how did we miss that!

You can't be shouting out those days loud enough!

you have to shout THIS loud!

Well done again - a great achievement - here's to the next 30!

Let the party commence :disco:

Love :l

Satori
      xxx
      "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Hi Rob - CONGRATULATIONS!!!

:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

So sorry to have missed your 30th day especially when you've been posting away with such good, supportive and great words.

Have a wonderful 31 Days!! Great - good on you! Dare to be Different! 30 days? Phwa!

Lots of love
        FMF xx
        :heart: c: :heart:
        "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Tremendous job Rob! Inspiration for us all!

Kyna
          Kyna

Comment

Well done :goodjob:

What an achievement. Am following in your footsteps, its people like you who keep the rest of us inspired.

Rustop

Comment

Congratulations Rob!!!

You should be very proud! I enjoy reading your posts and you have been an inspiration to me. Keep up the good work!

LZ

Comment

Good Job

:goodjob: Congratulations Rob!!!!!:thumbs:
                That is great. You must be feeling much better with these days behind you. Keep up the good work. I look foward to reaching that milestone myself and you are an inspiration.

I am off to the doctors to see if I can get Topamax. First the library to print out some articles as my printer is down. It's a beautiful day here today. Maybe I'll get a walk in later, I know I should. Once I get started I'll be able to keep it up. I have to run but wanted to check in. Today is day 9 and counting for me. Hope everyone has a great day

Comment

Hey all: Thanks for the kind words and thoughts!!

I'm still surprised that it has been more than a month since my last drink (drunk). It has gotten easier not to drink. However, trying to figure out how to live without alcohol is another matter.

Many of us have expressed chagrin when apparently out of nowhere we're hit with alcohol cravings after days, weeks and months of comfortable abstinance. I had just such a thing happen today.

After assisting with CPR checkoffs I got into my car thinking that I'd treat myself by going out to lunch and WHAM. For the life of me, I could not imagine eating a meal without a beer. I couldn't think of any restaurant to go to that did not serve alcohol. I had to sit with this for awhile and just try to calm myself down. My other option of course was to simply drive home and forget about going out for lunch.

In the end, I went to a oriental buffet place not far from my house. I had a very nice lunch and drank Sprite. My tempatiion is to say that this was really no big deal, but for me it was. It really reminded me that at least for now, I have to be vigilant.

It does get tiring at times having to think of how to proceed with a life that is not centered around drinking or not drinking. I do believe at some point, this will become a nonissue.

I of course could not have managed this long without the support and friendship that I've found here. In case anyone here believes that they are too new to sobriety to offer advise, don't you believe it. Whether you're one day AF and still hungover or hundreds of days AF, the input of each member of our community is valuable to someone.

Thank you all again
                  Love and Peace
                  Roberta

:award: **

Comment

So pleased for you rob!!!

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Sorry I missed your party! That's about par for me, though..

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You are a true inspiration. Your posts are from the heart and I look forward to them everyday. Thank you for being here and sharing your tru self with us.

Your friend,

MM
                      Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Well Done , My Friend...Well Done. We have to always be aware of The Beast. He used your 30 Day run to try and nail you... "Go on man, you did 30 days, see, you can do it... may as well have a beer with lunch to celebrate..." Rotten bastard...
                        But you were on it my friend.. Be proud.
                        Don

Comment

Congratulations Rob !!! BEWARE....The Booze Beast is Always Chasing You but I know that You will Prevail !!!
                          Lilac

Comment

Working...
                          X