Thurs Sept 1th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thurs Sept 1th

wooh-hoo! starting a thread. boy it feels good to be back here!

Day 2 AF for me. Yesterday was easy... heard that one before tho!

Strength & honour! Ripley xx

Thurs Sept 1th

Morning Ripley and all to come. I suppose I should really be writing this in long-term abs but I'm not confident enough to do that yet! Every day is still a challenge. I'm seeing an old friend for lunch today so I'm happy. Baby is moving around inside me like you wouldnt believe. Its a comforting feeling, I like it. Happy Thursday All. Bella xxxx

Comment

Thurs Sept 1th

Me neither Bella (and Bump)! Good luck to you Ripley!

I'm seeing an old friend today too - going sailing and it's sunny..yea!!! A pal where he, boats and wine went together like lungs and air....but I feel strong and good and he'll have a thick head tomorrow (as always!)and I wont. There's only one word comes to mind about my head tomorrow. Good!

Have a good Thursday all.
      FMF x
      :heart: c: :heart:
      "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Thurs Sept 1th

Good afternoon Ripley, Bella, FMF and all those yet to come.

Glad to see you back, Ripley and starting the thread oozing confidence.......that`s the spirit!!! Congrats on getting your 1st day in!!!

Bella, every day is indeed a challenge, and as long as we approach it as such, we are destined to stay on track. Glad to hear you sounding happier. Enjoy your lunch. Is wonderful when Baby becomes more active......every little amazing kick reminds you that you`re not only doing this for yourself.

FMF.......hope you have a lovely day sailing........such an achievement to be able to still enjoy an activity where wine used to be very much part and parcel of the activity itself........shows how we can grow.

Have a great day all !!!

Much love,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Thurs Sept 1th

Super Thursday AB-land!
          heya Ripley, nice to see you back in here.
          big hey-o to Bella, Finding, Starlight and all to come.
          Taking last of my personal effects from work today as they are officially locking the door
          on that chapter of my life. Last 10 years of that are ending....sniff oh well.....off to new pastures.
          Be well everyone
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Thurs Sept 1th

Good morning everyone. Ripley, it is really good to see you here again. You do know the drill, so maybe it won't be so hard, who knows? The important thing is that you're trying, and we are here for you--always, of course, and espec. if things get tough.

Bella, I'm glad that you're enjoying feeling your baby move inside of you. I used to love it too. Enjoy your lunch with your old friend.

I'm jealous, FMF, I wish I could be there to give you AF company! Sailing is so much fun. I hope you have a grand time.

How are you doing Starlight? You have such words of encouragement for everyone else, but not a peep about yourself. I hope everything is going well with you. :l

Sorry about work Deter. It's always a bummer when a job you like ends. I can't help but think that something good is out there for you though. So we're right here behind you. Keep the faith!

Things are okay here for me. I have a busier work day today, but I don't have to start for a few more hours, so I can still get some stuff done around here first. I'm also happy because I am continuing to slowly lose weight. I'd like to lose 10 more lbs ultimately, and doing it slowly makes me feel that I might actually achieve it in a few months. That would be really cool. (I just took off the pound I put on from scarfing down a small box of chocolates the other day, so you can't say I'm exactly depriving myself too much!)

At any rate, on to another day.

Have a good day all!

Hugs,:l

Kathy
            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Thurs Sept 1th

Hi fellow abstainers. Came upon this this morning:

The secret to happiness and well-being is no mystery. All it takes is the ability to do the following:

Forget
              Apologize
              Admit errors
              Avoid mistakes
              Listen to advice
              Keep your temper
              Shoulder the blame
              Make the best of things
              Maintain high standards
              Think first and act accordingly
              Put the needs of others before your own
              Forgive
              Seem like a tall order? Then try slipping as many of these "secrets of happiness" into your day as possible. You'll soon be rewarded with a more positive outlook on life.

Geez, nobody told me the real work begins after you lay down the bottle!
              Have a great day everyone.

Comment

Thurs Sept 1th

Barry: Your words about the real work beginning when you put the bottle down is so, so true. Sometimes I feel like I'm just too tired to deal w/the issues & conflict. When I think that way, I remember back to my drinking days & all the shame & guilt I felt as a result of it. I also like your secrets to happiness. Thank you, Mary
                Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
                X