keep lapsing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keep lapsing

sigh, I had 1 big glass of wine on Tuesday and 1 bottle last night.
    I just can't do it and I think that I have put too much on my plate - trying to quit smoking, lose weight ,train for 10k and not drink.

I will swap to moderation for now but will be back when life is less hectic.

thanks for all your support
    one day at a time

keep lapsing

Hey you, Bear. Maybe you are trying to do too much? Quitting one thing like drinking is hard enough, but when you add things like quitting smoking and weight loss you are tripling the stress. I am pretty much an all or nothing type of gal as well. But you need to focus on one thing I believe. For me, I quit drinking first as I felt it was effecting my life worse than the smoking or the weight loss .... then, I lost all of the fluff from drinking.... and now I have been smoke free for I think 3 weeks-ish. One thing at a time is what I say!!!

Try to focus on one thing and see how that works. You are doing well, and just keep trying!!

Comment

keep lapsing

Don't give up the fight bear. You may need to take it slower and do one thing at a time. Don't be too hard on yourself that you're not SuperWoman! It's good to recognize your limitations and be gentle with yourself. I have no doubt that, within time, you will tackle all of these things.

Hugs,:l

Kathy
      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

keep lapsing

It`ll happen, bear, just as long as you keep trying. Like the others have said, maybe you`re just "biting off more than you can chew", by trying to tackle too many issues at once.
        Chill out and do what you can for now.

Love and renewed strength to you,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

keep lapsing

thanks everyone - I am sticking with quitting smoking and training for ten k (and hopefully resulting weight loss) maybe see you in about 2 - 3 months.
          Gone to mods board but it's not as active as here so will miss your support.
          one day at a time

Comment

keep lapsing

You`ll always have our support, bear. Pop back in sometimes and let us know how you`re doing.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

keep lapsing

Ditto what Starlight says. Pop in and keep us posted! Kathy XXX
              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
              X