Tuesday, Sept. 25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday, Sept. 25

Well, I'm back from my classes and happily and calmly sipping tea. Wine actually doesn't sound all that appealing and the thought of the after effects - ugh, appalling. Time to move on from my earlier funk, I have better things to think about.

Comment

Tuesday, Sept. 25

db2fromala;200197 wrote: One day at a time, friends, but they are glorious and wonderful days because our actions and deeds make them so!!

:h
      Cindi
      That makes my heart sing! I will hold that thought with me.:thanks:

Comment

Tuesday, Sept. 25

Good Evening All,

Quitting just takes how long it takes. I've been a member of MWO for almost two years, and have quit for several weeks at a time two times, and varying shorter times. I've also moderated for a bit, etc. But it took me until this past June to get my act together and really quit. Every step that you take is a step toward that goal. Even when I was drinking during these last two years, I was still learning things I needed to learn to get sober.

A word from someone who's been there: It's much harder in the days when you are deciding to quit than it is to actually quit. Once you've made the decision, it does get easier.

Hugs,:l

Kathy
        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Tuesday, Sept. 25

Kathy,

I couldn't agree with you more the thinking about quiting is the exhausting and scary part.

July

Day 61 AF

Comment

Working...
          X