Thursday, Sept. 27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday, Sept. 27

Hi Everyone: This is one of the threads I like to share at every day. I'm a little surprised that I'm starting it 2 days in a row. I feel strong today (emphasis today). I'm not looking ahead, because I'm working the ODAT (one day at a time) approach. Today, in order to stay sober, I will take care of myself. I will try to be as open & honest as possible. I'm going to an Alanon meeting later. I'm going to eat healthy. Hope all is well w/all of you. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Thursday, Sept. 27

Well done Mary. Love Paula.xx

Comment

Thursday, Sept. 27

Good Stuff, Mary. Eating healthy is such a help......bon appetit!

Suze
      Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

Thursday, Sept. 27

Good Morning Mary, Suze and Paula.

I like your acronym, Mary--the ODAT approach. With every day that passes, your sense of accomplishment will build too. It's so amazing that you can do something so great ODAT.

I'm having computer problems again, and I'm amazed that it is actually letting me on here to communicate with everyone. I finally located my computer guy, though, so I can put my computer in his tender, competent hands, rather than the goobers at the tech stores around here. I won't go into the details of how badly my computer has been behaving, as well as being slow as molasses in January! GRRRRR.....

Maddy is coming home for the weekend, and my sister is coming down too, and is bringing our 10-year-old niece, Katie. The joint will be jumping! I'm excited. It's motivating me to clean, clean and clean some more.

Other than that, AF is going fine. In fact it is getting easier and easier. I think that I have to start being careful not to let the beast of complacency start to creep in. I'm starting to feel more energy again, though, and that is a good thing.

Anyway, time to get on with my day. Hugs to all who come later.

:l :l :l ,

Kathy

AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Thursday, Sept. 27

Happy Thursday ABoriginies!

heya crew, Mary, Paula, Suze, Kathy and all to join....

Feeling better today, not that I've been terribly sick, just feeling run down like I've been fighting off something. having a bad knee has been kind of depressing too...Im used to regular exercise and that's really not happening. BUT...choosing to face this for what it is and not be blue about it

tommorow is my big day 100 woooooo!

be well everyone
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Thursday, Sept. 27

Wow, Deter, 100 days tomorrow!!! Kudos! You DA MAN! :award:

:l
            Kathy

PS: Sorry about the knee. My shoulder sympathizes.

Comment

Thursday, Sept. 27

Looks like we're all a bit beaten up today... kathy, what happened to your shoulder?
              Deter - HAPPY 100 a day early...WOW is that Awesome!!

oh...I got beat up little today too...I fell down the stairs at work! Got my heel caught in the cuff of my pant leg and down I went. It was pretty embarassing too .....never easy to fall down gracefully! I'm actually fine though. Hurt my left shin and right wrist. Should be just fine.

Hi mary and paula and suze....
              ODAT - I kinda like that too

Have a great Thursday!
              Lisa

Comment

Thursday, Sept. 27

Hi Everyone: Thanks for joining in. Doggie Girl are you out there? I haven't seen a post from you for a while. Also Starlight? You both came in w/me, & I miss communitcating w/you. Even if there is a problem, this is a good place to share it. Mary
                Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                October 3, 2012

Comment

Thursday, Sept. 27

Hi everyone

Deter well done on 100. Mary your ODAT approach is really helping. I started on 1st Sept and for weeks could tell you exactly what day I was on. Was about to do my usual I'm on Day ?? over in Just Starting Thread and you know I could not remember exactly what day it was 25, 26 or 27. Its good to have a goal like 30 days but maybe I was setting myself up, enduring the days until I got to 30 and then what treat myself to a drink?? This certainly is an interesting journey and the company is even better.

Rustop

Comment

Thursday, Sept. 27

Hi Everyone..Day 48 here. Just got home from work and waiting for my wife to get home and we'll go get something to eat.

I'm the same way Rustop, have to look at the calendar to see how many days.. I wonder if you ever quit counting. I would think so. Probably after you quit checking in here everyday but I can't see that happening for quite sometime.

Have a good evening everyone.

Don

Comment

Thursday, Sept. 27

Hi Absters: Deter, High-Five on the 100 days. You must feel great, aside from the knee. I had a partial tear of my MCL and it took forever to heal, of course I didn't do the PT or wear the brace the doctor gave me - drinking daze.
                      As for counting days, I too stopped keeping it in my head at about two months. Now I think about it in terms of months. My first sober day was April 9, so I look forward to the ninth of every month as a new milestone. When I started I wasn't thinking about "oh I'll go 30 days or six months" or anything like that. I was such a wreck I just wanted to stop and there was the bogey man of "stop drinking forever" to deal with, which at the time I couldn't deal with so I just didn't think about forever; just small pieces, today, this week, this month and then the months just sort of added up. Now, I think about making it to a year. Then we'll go from there. Although I do not ever want to drink again I don't think about it in terms of never drinking again, just in small chunks.
                      I'm going to Florida for 5-6 days and I don't have internet service over there so I will check in to say hello when I get back.
                      Be well.

Comment

Thursday, Sept. 27

barry - have a great trip to Fla.
                        I was trying to think when I stopped counting the days.
                        It used to be one of my first thoughts, if not The first thought each morning.
                        Day 5 Day 7 Day 10 Day 13 Day 30! In the beginning it was just about making it thru another day and making it thru sober. Then there is more work to be done.....
                        I do have to admit that I'm looking forward to making the one year mark.

Love :h
                        Lisa

Comment

Thursday, Sept. 27

Isn't it fascinating the different stages and thought processes we go through as we continue on this AF journey?

Comment

Thursday, Sept. 27

counting AF days

I did not like counting the first couple days because they seemed to be out of place as compared with so many days in my past when I did drink. Then I got the 30 day abs bug and I liked the idea. Now it just seems to be part of checking in with MWO.

I know I would'nt and could'nt keep track without this site. But for now I like it.

July

Day 63 AF

Comment

Thursday, Sept. 27

I think more about months now, too, although it would be nice to break it down into smaller chunks, like weeks. I have to really get out a calendar to check the days now. Okay, 15 weeks and 3 days. That's 108 days. Yay! I passed 100 without even knowing it. Pretty funny actually.

Lisa, I just pulled a tendon on the rotator cuff several months ago, it didn't seem like much at the time. But instead of slowly healing, it has gotten worse and worse, and now it is inflamed, and I've lost a lot of the range of motion in my shoulder/arm. It's my dominant arm/hand, too. I'm just glad that it doesn't look like I'll need surgery. I hear physical therapy is no picnic either, though.

I'm sorry you fell down the stairs today. I'm sure your ego got a little bruised as well as your shin and shoulder.

Anyway, hi to everyone else, Chief, Deter, barry, july and rustop. Have a good evening (I'm sure that some of you are sound asleep.)

Hugs,:l

Kathy

Comment

Working...
                              X