Friday, Sept. 28th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday, Sept. 28th

Hi Everyone: I'm still approaching my sobriety one day at a time. When I think ahead to a party or gathering that's coming up, I force my thoughts back to the present. I'll form a plan of action when the time comes. I do have the goal of being abstinent for life. I know that I'm an alcoholic. I was able to admit that to myself a long time ago. I can't drink sensibly & saw my drinking problem escalating. However, taking my drinking (or any other problem behavior), one day at a time works for me. Thanks for being there everyone. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Friday, Sept. 28th

Hi Mary and everyone to come. Just wanted to wish everyone good luck with the week-end, especially you Mary. You have been really strong all week and I know you will get through Sunday. I reach my first 30 Days AF on Sunday and I am so proud of that long row of 000's, the first in over a year. I plan on starting another 30 Days in October taking it ODAT.

Rustop

Comment

Friday, Sept. 28th

Keep up the good work Mary and Rustop. You are really getting somewhere, ODAT.

I'm looking forward to my daughter and my sister being here for the weekend. It should be fun.

Last night I went to a friend's house to watch Gray's Anatomy on her wide-screen TV. She had wine and I had iced tea. Another first. (I usually have my AF wine for protection.) It was okay. I was a little jealous, but it didn't ever cross my mind to actually have a glass! I was thinking about not going, but I'm glad I did. On a big screen high definition TV, everything is so clear. Okay, enough for now.

I hope everyone has a great, AF day.

Hugs,:l

Kathy
      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Friday, Sept. 28th

Aloooha Friday ABville !!!

well, made it to day 100. woohooooo! haven't been perfect but NO slips that did me any harm.

Mary, thanks for being our official thread starter again. Big cheers to Rustop Kathy and the crew to come.

you must stop looking at those flat screen TV's Kathy...they are very unhealthy...for your wallet!! LOL

Summer is definately over here in the high desert....brrrrr!!!

be well y'all!!
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Friday, Sept. 28th

Hi Everybody,
          One day at a time is all we can do. I am lucky that I don't live with anybody that drinks and can choose who I wish to hang out with. Right now I know I am just not strong enough to be around alcohol so I don't do it. I have family recovering from alcoholism and other family not so fortunate. Then there is my sister who just doesn't drink....guess it was all that exposure to the rest of us.
          Haven't checked in in awhile, hope things are going good for everyone. I finally got my chair....and heard from my brother in law. Would you believe that they no longer have pay phones available for use anywhere along the route at truck stops...diners...etc????? Yeah I had a hard time believing it myself but what's the point in arguing such a stupid thing? :H Only someone stuck in the middle of an addiction could truly believe that someone else could buy an excuse like that. Don't you think?? Am I being too harsh in my new found wisdom? Oh well, at least I got my money back. Looking foward to my 30 days on October 4th. Have a great weekend.

P.S. I must resist the urge to sit in my comfy recliner and watch movies all weekend instead of getting out for some exercise!!!! Wish me luck

Comment

Friday, Sept. 28th

Deter, well done on your 100!

Hello to the rest of you!

Comment

Friday, Sept. 28th

Deter - WELL DONE!!! Be proud! I think 100 is a magic number - hope you feel fab!
              Love FMF xx
              :heart: c: :heart:
              "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Friday, Sept. 28th

HI all
                Can I join!? I find you all wonderful and inspiring, as I do my mods group as well. I am now AF though. I look forward to my 30 days on Monday (the 1st of October). Love to all,
                Jenneh
                Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Friday, Sept. 28th

Inner,

Of course you can join us! We are all in this together.

Wow, your 30 days is almost upon you!! :goodjob:

Everyone else, hope your day is good and you meet your goals.

Love,
                  Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Friday, Sept. 28th

Hi Everyone: I just read this daily thread all the way through. There's so much support...I love it. Deter, I think you are the bomb! Someday, I'd love to know how your thinking has changed in the last 100 days. Also, do you have any strategies that really worked for you when you were in a real pinch? How important is MWO in the recovery process? Any info you can share, I'll just soak up.

I'm getting ready for a birthday celebration here tonight. It's an AF affair, because it's for one of our Alanon friends. I still associate the preparaton of party food w/drinking, so the thought crossed my mind to open a bottle & have a sip (like I'd really have only one sip). I shared about this on the newbie ODAT thread, & that seems to have removed the craving. I've noticed that there's a progression for me: drinking thinking, planning, following through. Even though I can interrupt the progression anywhere along the line, it's easiest to stop when I'm in the thinking phase. I just need to remember that a drink isn't a nice little, relaxing interlude. I'll end up drunk & eventually hungover & disgusted w/myself.

Everyone, enjoy your weekend. Mary
                    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                    October 3, 2012

Comment

Friday, Sept. 28th

Back again. I'm off to pick up my daughter in a little bit at the train station. Yay! Although I'll bet she'll already have made plans with some of her friends who are still up here.:sigh:

AND A HAPPY HUNDRED TO YOU, DETER! YOU MUST BE SO PROUD! I'M REALLY PROUD OF YOU. CONGRATS TO THE FAMED GARLIC MAN OF MWO! And don't worry Deter, I only enjoy my friends' big flat screen TV's--I don't see any in my immediate future, unless I win the lottery, of course!:H

Hi, Indigosky! Congrats on your sobriety. It's true about the cell phones, though. I left mine at home the other day and had to call someone. I couldn't find a phone for love or money. Good luck with getting out for some exercise this weekend.

Hello FMF and AFM--I hope you are both enjoying your day.

Way to go on being AF, Jen. I would love to have you posting over here, too. I think the world of you. So bring it on!

Hi Cindi. I hope that YOUR day is going well too, sweetie.

Thinking through the drink is the MOST important part, Mary, and the easiest time to break into the alcoholic thinking cycle. I don't have any other answers. Just don't pick up the first one. Think though the consequences of having just one drink as you have been doing.

For me, it would be something like this. Last night at my friend's house, it would have been so easy to have just a glass of wine, because I would have gone home to an AF house. No danger of getting drunk or anything. But what about the next time I went to her house? Would I have "just one" again? Would I stop at the liquor store for a mini, to have "just one more"? How long would it be until I had several, and was making excuses to visit her? Then how long until I was right here at home drinking a bottle or more a night? That's how I think through the drink. For me the consequences aren't even that day or the next day, but 4-6 weeks down the road, when I very likely might be back in that awful hole that I was in for all those years.
                      You are doing just wonderful, Mary, keep going like you are.

At any rate, I'm off. Catch you all later.

Hugs,:l

Kathy
                      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Friday, Sept. 28th

Very well put Kathy -

Have fun with your daughter and sis this weekend
                        Lisa

Comment

Friday, Sept. 28th

Everyone have a good weekend. I'm single again this weekend. Husband going to Atlnatic City to play poker. I guess I'll stain the deck. Big Fun
                          ~mar~

Comment

Friday, Sept. 28th

Stain the deck while hubby plays poker!!! You are the perfect wife...

Comment

Friday, Sept. 28th

Congratulations Deter,
                              That's amazing!!! Thanks Kathy for the encouragement. I know it's hard but it was a week and he had money to charge the thing and was on the road going across the country. Don't you think there must have been a pay phone sitting around somewhere? I know what you mean though it is hard.
                              It's a beautiful sunny day here and nice and cool. Just perfect for a walk. Oh yeah....I had a drinking dream last night. My Mom wanted me to drink some beers with her, so we did...and I remember after a few telling her that I just didn't feel right about it....like I just ruined everything I was trying to accomplish in my life. I was glad when I woke up and it was just a dream. It was the first one I've had this time around...just thought i'd share.
                              Well guess i'd better not sit around on the computer all day. Take it easy guys and gals.....talk to ya later

Comment

Working...
                              X