Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End-of-the month Reflections

Hi All My MWO Friends:
    I've been contemplating my DrinkTracker record as Sept. closes. Two slips in an otherwise zero month...pretty good for me. I was totally zero for August & most of July. I feel I've committed to an AF lifestyle. When I get the drinking thoughts (me w/a dewy cocktail glass in my hand at a party), I now compare them w/reality (me w/a coffee cup of wine alone in the kitchen). I know I cannot drink normally, thus the lifetime committment.

Having said that, for now I have to do the footwork (of staying sober) one day at a time. I know the date of my last drink (pretty recent), but I don't want to count for a while. I need to take my program one day at a time w/the goal of a sober life tucked away in my mind & heart.

I could never have gotten this far wo/MWO. I thank you all. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Thanks for inspiring us Mary. What you have accomplished is just wonderful!
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

"When I get the drinking thoughts (me w/a dewy cocktail glass in my hand at a party), I now compare them w/reality (me w/a coffee cup of wine alone in the kitchen). I know I cannot drink normally, thus the lifetime committment. "

Thank you Mary for sharing that. I have a picture of that in my head too. Not pretty is it. You have made great progress...it is a journey.

:l Love,
      Nancy "Belle"
      "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Hi Mary, you inspire me ... i fell apart this week and cannot even begin to count days over again. very distressing ... but hope i'll do better today, j
        Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

Thanks for reminding us how easy it is to romanticize drinking, Mary. The reality is so different.

Hugs to you!:l :l

Kathy
          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Thank you Mary for that. This has been my first month AF in over a year and you have been an inspiration. Your honesty, commitment and courage are all things I strive for.

Rustop

Comment

The Beast is quite an artist isn't he?

Comment

I love the title of this thread! It is so suiting for me right now.

As this month closes for me I have never felt better. I am finally in a place in my life where I am freed of the guilt and the wrong doing ( poor judgment) I did while I was drinking heavily a couple of years ago. I had a legal issue that I kept running from. Well it caught up with me earlier this week and I faced the fear, resolved the issue out of Court and now it has been laid to rest. I am feeling so free!

I now can let go of something that has been haunting me and that I used alcohol even more to push it out of my brain. Having dealt with it sober, maturely and head on has given me the green light to move on in my life in a very healthy way. I am excited to start the next chapter.

Thanks for this thread Mary!

Comment

Dear AFM: I love what you said about confronting your issue head-on. That was just what I avoided while drinking. Now, I'm having to learn to do it all over again. I know I can do it. Drinking didn't remove the issues. It only prolonged the agony & made them worse. Thanks, Mary
                  Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                  October 3, 2012

Comment

Mary, :l

Sobriety is a wonderful thing. I am so thankful I am AF and learning to live again. This Thanksgiving which is next Monday here in Canada, I will be thankful for so many things!

Love to all :h

Comment

Working...
                    X