BOOZE BUSTERS 30 DAY CHALLENGE NEW THREAD 10/1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Mornin' Booze Busters and welcome to the new thread.

Hello to all Booze Busters and Prospective Booze Busters! Are you up for a 30 Day AF Challenge?????

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):

Q: What the sam hill is a Booze Buster?
    A: Anyone who has a goal of going Alcohol Free (AF) for 30 days in a row.

Q: Do I have to join at the start of the month?
    A: NO!! Your "Day 1" can be at any time. And if you are already into your first month or your hundredth month AF, you can join at any time. All who desire to be AF for at least 30 more days are welcome.

Q: What if I fall off the wagon - do I get kicked out?
    A: NO!! We do hope you will let us help you dust off the seat of your pants, and drag you right back onto the Booze Busters wagon. You might get your butt kicked, but you won't get kicked out. Oh - and we have a Fugly Green Suit you have to wear during your butt kickin'. That suit is worse than the kickin'.

Q: What if I am tempted to drink - really really badly tempted?
    A: Come here for a kick in the seat of the pants! Read the previous Booze Buster 30 Day Challenge threads from start to finish, and if the desire to drink still exists, continue reading other AF threads until you fall asleep.

Q: What does the Booze Beast look like?
    A: According to Chief--This is what the Booze Beast like-- :alf:

Q: How does the group keep track of what day people are on?
    A: We count on YOU to shout out your stats loud and proud every day in whatever way suits you. For me, I'm collecting a gold star * for every AF day out of due respect for my inner child. You are welcome to use that idea or any other idea that suits your fancy. Don't let us miss your 30 Day Celebration because you are too quiet about your stats!

Speak up if you have other questions!! We are here to prove that WE CAN DO THIS! And we can have a little fun while we're doing it! Let us know if you have questions or suggestions as to how we can improve the BOOZE BUSTERS 30 Day Perpetual Challenge.

HUGE thanks to Music Man and Buffy who got this whole thing started.

DG aka Alpha B*

Note: these FAQs were composed by Doggygirl.

I'm in Rob. This is my second one so looking forward to it this time and not dreading it like before.

Rustop

Comment

Hey Rob 'n' Rustop - Satori is back from his travels and is also "in"!

Today I'm half way thru' my third 30 day challenge - today is day 75 for me.
      I passed by a local shop the other day - one of the many where I used to buy beer - and it has just closed down!!!
      Gulp! I hope that wasn't my fault

Hi to all still to come today and in the days to come!

Keep on racking up those AF days!

Love

Satori
      xxx

:award: :award: + ***************
      "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Welcome back !! Great goin on 75 days!!

Comment

Hey I just noticed Satori is 4 posts away from being a Senior Member!!!

Comment

Rob,

Thanks for getting October started. I'm in for more days AF.

Welcome back Satori.

Rustop the second 30 days AF is easier than the first.

July

Day 67 AF

Comment

rob;202448 wrote: Hey I just noticed Satori is 4 posts away from being a Senior Member!!!
              Er - a bit more than that!

40 ish isn't it?

Do you get the keys to the "executives' washroom" then? :H

Satori

xxx
              "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Woops!! Sorry Satori--Read the numbers wrong.

Comment

Rustop - congrats on your recent 30 day success!
                  Sorry I missed the party!

Just catching up with all the goings on!

Well done - and yes - July is right - the second one is easier - and the third easier still.

I rarely think about alcohol these days TBH

(I do however occasionally get a STRONG urge to take a HUUUUUGE GLUG out of the part bottle of red wine that is invariably on our kitchen counter (my wife still drinks - but she can stop after one!). It is weird - because I didn't drink wine as a rule - it was beer that was my preference - but I don't crave beer as often as I do wine.
                  Of course it could simply be because there is no beer on the kitchen counter! )

Anyway - On another subject entirely - I feel the need to complain!

As many of you know - I "play" guitar, my preference being blues!
                  Now - MWO has REALLY messed up my musical life altogether.

How is anyone supposed to want to listen to blues whan they are something like

Woke up this morning
                  Feeling just fine
                  No trace of a hangover
                  Hadn't drunk any wine

my wife loves me more
                  than she had done before
                  and the dog still ain't dead
                  coz he's regularly fed

Oh yes, it's the sobriety blues
                  Oh yes....its the.....

etc.......

I KNEW there had to be a downside to this sobriety thing
                  Can't see myself reinventing myself as a happy poppy type musician at this stage I'm afraid!!!!

Love

Satori
                  xxx

Comment

rob;202493 wrote: Woops!! Sorry Satori--Read the numbers wrong.
                    Its OK Sister Rob - you must have one of the other sister's spectacles on today!

Love

Satori
                    xxx

Comment

After 30 days sober (with 1 or 2 drinks a week) I have decided to try the whole hog and do 30 completely AF. The "honeymoon" with sobriety will sooner or later come to an end so need all the support and motivation I can find.

You guys are ahead of me so at least I feel it's possible and attainable! Well Done!

Day 1 is very wet and cloudy here but Monday night TV is great so it's cool.

+
                      Rob - I'll use + signs as my star so I can see the days "add up"...
                      Full is not nearly as heavy as empty, my love...
                      Not nearly. -Fiona Apple-

Comment

Good morning fellow booze busters, and potential booze busters!

It's weird but since I'll be reaching the end of my 30 days on Wednesday it feels like kind of a let down. Especially with some of you talking about how the 2nd and 3rd 30-day challenges are easier than the 1st one. There's an emptiness that's hard to explain. My ultimate goal is moderation and I plan on a few drinks this weekend but abstinance is so absolute while moderation is so fuzzy. Once you get over the initial reality of abs it's so simple and straighforward: you will not have a drink. With mods I will have to plan and think and hopefully not regret. Know what I mean?

On Saturday I had my first AF beer. We spent the afternoon at a middle school football game where my granddaughter was cheerleading. It was a beautiful autumn day, unseasonabley warm and sunny. After the game we stopped at a local sports bar to eat. I'm usually a wine drinker but a cold beer sounded so good so I ordered an O'Doull's. I half expected a little buzz, but nothing, just quinched my thirst and enjoyed having a drink with my husband again. I'll have to remember that for future reference.

Satori, loved your blues lyrics. No, you'd never hear BB King singing a song like that.

Deilight, welcome! I know you will do just fine. Making the commitment is the hardest part.

I have the day off and started it with the clearing CD and plan to do the hypnotic one later on. It's cool & rainy here, a good day for staying in and quieting the mind. Are any of you doing the CDs? My mind keeps wandering and I have to yank it back to being hypnotized. It does seem to be working though. I just love days like this, with no plans, nowhere I have to be, just do what I feel like when I feel like it.

Hope you all have a wonderful relaxing day too

LZ
                        Day 28 AF!!

Comment

Satori - welcome back! Come and keep us in order will you please?! We're wandering about all over the boards sonce you went away! With your verbose skills/skills in verbosity (unlike me who is just verbose with no skills!!) both sung (love it!) and on the 'Dead Thread' I am sure you'll manage this task perfectly!

Yes, I think it does get easier.... 11*/12* days - stoped counting! Planned to try moderating now but somehow I just don't fancy a drink!!!! (I'm sure I 'will' one day and then...well, I'll check out what's going on 'behind' the urge and see...) I too, walked past the offy today and thought, wow, aren't I lucky; gone are the urges, memories, guilts.... And an AA member said hello in the street and was (rightly indeed!!) keen and proud to say he'd done 13 weeks now (and I know he found it very tough so was very happy for him)... But I realised then how even more grateful I am to you all; I felt strong and 'normal' and me... Not lost in a group dynamic... You are all so special to me but we're each finding our own and honouring each other's own way... wow. I had a text as well from another member convinced that I must have fallen by the wayside.... Kind but.... I am glad I am here not there!

Lindzee - I sooh remember that feeling! Falling off a precipice! I got through by telling myself I would do 33 days not 30 by which time I was off and running again into the new 30 days with 3 already behind me...! Hang in there. You're doing jsut great. (I have GOT to type 'just' right one day! Along with 'becuase', haev' and 'teh....aaagh!)

Love all round.
                          Off singing tonight - well, corn-craking! Port used to help....hmmmm. NO!

Love FMF xx
                          :heart: c: :heart:
                          "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Deilight - Welcome, always a joy to see new faces here, I've read your posts on other threads and know that you are going to be a real asset to our little travillin salvations show.

LZ- I know the feeling your talking about, its like OK now what? I've put in this effort and the world at large just goes on. There have been no . Nobody celebrating in the streets, no parades. I think that it takes some time to redefine ourselves. The emptiness will go away as you brain, body and spirit adjust to your new lifestyle. It may be something as simple as finding that you can now do something well that you only did mediocrely before.

July!!
                            - How are things in the Mountains? When we lived in Kentucky, fall was so spectacular. Hope your family is doing well and that everyone is settled back into school.

-Blues huh? Ok how about this:

Buh, bum, bah bum=
                            Woke up this mornin' and I'm feelin fine
                            Don't matter if I don't got a dime
                            Cause I am sober
                            S-O-B-E-R.

Buh, bum, bah bum=
                            My wife she still loves me
                            But I don't know why
                            She must think I'm a groovy kinda guy
                            Cause I am sober
                            S-O-B-E-R

Buh, bum, bah bum=
                            My life has got better
                            I put in the work
                            When I look in the mirror-
                            I don't see a jerk
                            Cause I am sober
                            S-O-B-E-R

Well , there ya go. Its all in the downbeat and delivery.

And yes I will keep my day job.

Love and Peace
                            Rob

Comment

October 1 and all's well,

I too have read some of your posts Deilight and know you will find it easy to be with our bunch as we follow a thirty day patch in October.

It is cool and clear tonight in the mountains of Tennessee. A little whisp of cloud is comming up from the valley through the night air, it curls like smoke over the bend in the river below. With the truck loads of pumkins I saw comming over the mountain today, I know the cool weather is hear to stay--I like that.

Rob, FMF, Satori, LindZee, Chief, Hannah, Deilight and TOBB good luck as you begin or continue your October goals. Maybe we can all cut a celebratory pumkin on the 31st.

July

Day 67 AF

Comment

Working...
                              X