Tuesday, Oct. 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday, Oct. 2

Hi Everyone: I'm doing well, but I'm never, ever complacent. I know what can happen even after many AF days. I love sober life, so I can't quite figure out why I still get seized by the desire to drink. I think that dealing w/all the relationships in my life gets tiring. However, that's what life is about, & I can count myself lucky that I have so many relationships. Today I'll be very busy (not that being busy has stopped me from drinking in the past), but I have commited myself to not drinking today.

After my b-sitting duties are over, I'm going to kick back & relax a little. I think a little down time is essential to my abstinence. Good luck everyone, Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Tuesday, Oct. 2

good morning Mary and all

Hi, Mary, it doesn't take anything much to make me want to drink, that is just normal for folks like us

I think just sticking to the one day at a time attitude will help (then again this is day 1 for me and I am feeling determined right now) (and a little like crap since I am just newly back!)

I love having this site and forum, so we can all support eachother and be there for eachother...................don't beat yourself up, I am sure you will make it through the day:h

lots of love,

MA
    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Tuesday, Oct. 2

The desire to drink is just an old habit that has nothing to do with your rational mind and what you really want. It's just a knee-jerk reaction of something that you just did for a long time. You are forming new habits right now, and drinking won't call you as often. (You never know when it will call you though, so it's right to continue to be vigilant.)

Have a good day Mary and MaryAnne. Happy Abbing to you!

Today I'm 10 days away from being 4 months' sober. Wow! I'm liking that.:exclaim: I couldn't have done this without all of you--my friends at MWO....the absolute best support system ever devised. (Thanks RJ! Smooches!)

Love to all, have a great day!:heart:

Kathy

AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Tuesday, Oct. 2

Terrific Tuesday ABerooos!

heya Mary, Cogal Kathy and the rest of my friends to come.

Last day to move furniture before the carpet installer comes tomorrow...huff puff.
        sure would be lousy to do this hungover. not me!
        Yes MWO is the best support system ever....I truly believe that too.
        Be well friends.
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Tuesday, Oct. 2

Hey guys!

The trip to the gym was great!
          I did a water class...."Splish splash"... and did bike and treadmeal..
          Lots of nice people there. It is a clean place next to a hospital and very much not the typical yuck gym.

Today so far.....made homemade bread, chili, rice and a fruit mixture for tonight.
          Grandson's football game this evening so I'm taking dinner.
          Det....Of course lots of garlic in the chili!!
          Hope the furniture moving goes well.
          Kathy! Yaaaaaa hooooooo! 4 months.
          Hi MA and Mary!
          :l 's all around.

I hope to do the gym workouts at least three days a week.
          I finally got some sleep last night and feel much better today.

Later!
          Love,
          Nancy
          "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Tuesday, Oct. 2

Hi all...mary mary anne kathy, deter and nancy! And all to come
            Just taking a break from budgeting. I decided not to do an all nighter last night but to instead get a good night's sleep, go to the gym this morning and then come in close the door and work work work...

I would have used this in the past to 'have a few to relieve the stress'..but it is much easier (like you said Det) to not do this hungover!

Nancy - you sound like you are really loving the workouts - good for you! It does more for your body than just exercising the muscles....it helps you mentally and even emotionally I think. 3X a week is wonderful-

Have a great afternoon everyone.

Comment

Tuesday, Oct. 2

hey,...just realised I was at 999....I have nothing profound to say except:

Thanks to my MWO friends for being here and getting me thru this past year - lots of positive changes for me- and thanks RJ for creating this wonderful place!

now...back to work for me

Comment

Tuesday, Oct. 2

Kathy: Congrats on the 4 month point! I look to you for encouragement, because you've gotten so far. Yes, I can see that the drink thoughts have a little less power each day. I will not give in to them no matter what. As the AA's say, I won't drink even if my ass falls off. I'm not sure what that means. I guess it just emphasizes the importance of no taking that first drink. For me, one drink means a certain downhill slide...when I say certain, I mean certain. There's no stopping me after one drink. Mary
                Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                October 3, 2012

Comment

Tuesday, Oct. 2

Lisa - yea!!! And Kathy - yea! and everyone - yea!! Mary you are doimng GREAT!

I'm off to my African Drumming again tonight.... much going on here but aware that I am (currrently! - will I ever feel THAT confident or p'raps I mustn't?) handling things without wanting a drink. Even 'rowing' briefly with my mum on the phone last evening didn't come with a thought of it.....

And today I was a bit wobbly inside about my dad until something really clicked inside.... I know he's just a bully and even bullies can be nice sometimes and he IS my dad...but I suddenly saw that he IS a bully, that doesn't make me a bad person (or someone with a personality disorder!) for not liking putting up with it, like why do I smash the phone after they've been on it - coz I feel guilty for not being ahead of their request or who they think I should be or understood.... No change there then except that today I 'saw' that I really am OK; most (all?!) of those things are about them and I buy in.... I can't believe I am typing that because I have typed it so many times before but I think THIS time something's shifted inside! So, I rang him back today and quietly and immediately led the conversation the way I wanted it to go and it was OK. (It was only to ask now they were! Nothing heavy!! Normally impossible with my bludgeoning dad!)

So, amazed of UK sitting here! Wonder if it'll stick?!?! If so it'll be down to so many of you here who have helped me by your belief in me - THANK YOU! I feel 50 (-21 days!) now and not 11!! Yea!)

So, have a great evening all - I hope the temptations stay in their box for those having to sit on the lid... Grrrrrowl at them!! And love all round
                  FMF xx
                  :heart: c: :heart:
                  "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Tuesday, Oct. 2

PS! Just to say I don't often smash phones....! (any more!)

It's just great coz my parents - well, as most of you know...they are My Issue!!! Now, my issue!

Love Me x

Comment

Tuesday, Oct. 2

FMF - I loved what you said about your dad/parents. They don't define you as a person. You are a great person, with a bully for a father. My father places a lot of expectations on me too, which I find I can't live up to - hence the frustration and feeling like a failure. I think once we realize it is THEIR problem we can go out and be the best we can be on OUR TERMS! XOXO

Comment

Tuesday, Oct. 2

Thanks AFM..... yes, lots going on and to sleep on..... you know...when your brain has recognised or consolidated something big but you can't find words...? So I wont just now but appreciate your comment lots...
                        Hope you;re ok and love to everyone here...
                        FMF xx

Comment

Working...
                        X