X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THURS OCT. 4TH

x

THURS OCT. 4TH

All that energy came from not poisoning your poor bod with booze.

I am the same!

Should have done this a looooong time ago!

Have an ace day!

Satori
    xxx

Grey and cloudy over here on east coast BTW! :upset:
    "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

THURS OCT. 4TH

Gee whiz!! You guys are getting me all excited. :rockon:

I am running around in total brain fog and unable to sleep but between you guys and Det, and Neil and FMF and all the others who post how well they feel after long term abs, I am determined just to slog through until I come into the sunshine.

Hangin' in there and looking forward to the rest of my life.

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

THURS OCT. 4TH

Starlight, Satori & others to follow,

That great energy is the natural you Starlight, enjoy.

Your crisp Oct. has found its way from Glasgow accross to Tennessee this morning. Thanks.

I too have experienced greater energy. I noticed things change significantly the last couple weeks in workouts and running. It has been gradual and progressive over the first six weeks AF. The last four weeks have been more pronounced as I have dropped some weight and have become more aware of my fitness returning. I have been a life long runner and I have not set out on any particular diet. It is more like the AF lifestyle is kicking in as I have remained consistent.

Exercise and nutrition along with rest and no alcohol works, who knew?

Have a great day all.

July

Day 70 AF

Comment

THURS OCT. 4TH

It is wonderful to read about the joys of long-term abs. I feel great today & won't drink. I'm in a rush but just wanted to check in. Will come back later & read more at length. Mary
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

THURS OCT. 4TH

I'm glad to see everyone feeling so vibrant and upbeat this morning. It is good to be sober. It makes it so much easier to experience true joy, even about the little things.

It was good to go to the physical therapist yesterday. I was dianosed as having a "frozen shoulder". At any rate, I now have exercises to do and the naproxin to take. I seem to be healing at an infintessimally slow rate. (I've heard that it can take some people years, but that is NOT going to be me!) But then again, my PT is pretty easy on the eyes, and I sure won't mind looking at him for several months! At any rate, I'm glad to be approaching this with a more positive attitude than I would have previously.

All's well on the AF front. I was talking with my therapist the other day, and we were talking about wanting a drink. I'm happy to say that when I have had thoughts of drinking, I can imagine what a nice glass of red wine would taste like, but it doesn't take but a second to remember where it would lead me. I know I don't want to go back to where I was--so hopeless and so frightened. I have the power to stay sober, as long as I am mindful and willing to sit with uncomfortable feelings sometimes.

Anyway, enough of that.

Love to you all,:h

Kathy
            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

THURS OCT. 4TH

Hmm Kathy,

My better half (otherwise known as She Who Must Be Obeyed) is recovering from a frozen shoulder right now.

Apparently often caused partly by stress!

It does take a while I'm afraid.

Seems to be 3 fairly distinct phases
              A painful but not too stiff stage
              A not so painful but stiff / immobile stage
              and finally a slowly getting back to normal mobility stage!

Keep doing the exercises! SWMBO never did them unless I nagged.
              (So now I'm nagging you! )

Hope it clears up soon - best bit for me was watching SWMBO trying to figure out how to get in and out of her er... "upper half undergarments" when she couldn't put one of her hands up behind her back!

Oh how I laughed until she figured it out!

Us men are simple souls!

Take care

Love

Satori
              xxx
              "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

THURS OCT. 4TH

Heya AB landers!
                new carpet will be done in about an hour if all goes well...yeah!! then we get to play the "arrange the furniture" game.
                oh Satori..don't give away what simpletons we are lol....
                Be well freinds!
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

THURS OCT. 4TH

another one under the belt, so far..............day 3, it was sooooooo tempting to buy a beer last night, but no Miller lite in the store!!! WOW, what a blessing!! And I live "way out" so didn't feel like driving all over to find one.............good to hear all this positive lingo, so makes me want to keep on keepin on................

Thanks to all you great people, glad I checked in today!! :h
                  :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

THURS OCT. 4TH

Kathy, I love your suggestion of remember where drinking led you. I have been getting fewer & fewer drinking thoughts, & I do what you do. I remember myself throwing up, slurring my words, or blacking out. Not a pretty picture! I must counteract that inaccurate, romantic image of myself sipping demurely from a dewy glass of white wine.

One of things that keeps me AF is MWO. The 2 recent times I've had to come here & say that I slipped were pretty awful. Since MWO is the only place I'm honest, I didn't want to not 'fess up. Also, I need to have an accurate count of AF days.

Right now, I'm doing well concentrating on one day or situation at a time.

Mary
                    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                    October 3, 2012

Comment

THURS OCT. 4TH

Happy Thursday All,

Had a few uncomfortable thoughts about how lovely a glass of cold chardonnay would feel this evening (it's very warm here for Oct...) so I took a caplet of l-glut and hopped on these boards.
                      Thank you all again. With your humour and serious thoughts about alcohol and frozen shoulders( Kathy I am thinking of you, and Satori, my husband would laugh at me when I hurt my shoulder a while back and couldn't dress myself without aid) I feel so much better.
                      I'm confident now to make it through the day.

Have a wondeful day and thank you so much for being here!!!

Janet

Comment

THURS OCT. 4TH

Hello All! It's so true, the longer you are AF the better you feel. I, too, have been back in the running game since quitting the drink and I've never felt better. I'm 51 years old and feel like I'm 30 again. Life is good. I wouldn't go back to the old lifestyle for all the money in the world. And the amazing part is I don't want to go back...
                        Drinking is just something I used to do.
                        Day 55 and as we used to say in the Navy, "on course, on glide path"
                        Don

Comment

THURS OCT. 4TH

P.S. Star, I'm glad your back..

Comment

THURS OCT. 4TH

LOL, you guys! Yes, the undergarments are a bit problematic, but I've figured out an alternative. No back zippers for me these days either! Anyway, I get to go look at Mr. Attractive Physical Therapy guy again tomorrow. Bummer.

Satori, how mean to laugh at your wife's struggles! I will let you nag me though, and I promise to listen. Doing the exercises seems a bit painful to me, though.

Hope your carpet is everything you want, Deter!

Cowgal, it's good when life makes it so that you can't have what you shouldn't and you are grateful for it later. I'm glad you made it to day 3.

Mary, I'm glad that things are starting to go better for you, and I'm delighted if I helped in some little way with that.

Janet, so your husband is a sadist, too? :H

These threads have made me laugh and feel comfortable when I've gotten on in a foul mood or when I was feeling like I might want to drink. I never ended up feeling that way after reading the posts here, though.

Good to see you Chief, and happy that you're doing so well.

Anyway, night all. Time for bed. :yay:

Hugs to all,:l

Kathy

AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

THURS OCT. 4TH

Wow, yeah this does feel good. Yesterday was my birthday and the first one AF for a long time, maybe 25 years. This is the start of day 5 for me so I am 1/6 of the way towards 30 AFD's.
                              I am determined to make it this time. Hope y'all have a great weekend.
                              Love and Peace from Texas:
                              Phil
                              Love and Peace,
                              Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

Working...
                              X