Friday, Oct. 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday, Oct. 5

Hi Everyone: I'm getting ready for a dinner we're having w/another couple. We have one bottle of wine. I laid in plenty of soda for me & feel pretty good. I'll take it one minute at a time if I feel any temptation. I won't drink today. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Friday, Oct. 5

You can do this Mary! You are in a good head space and well prepared. Enjoy your dinner gathering!!

Comment

Friday, Oct. 5

Hi Mary you can do this, I know. Just take it easy, go slow and the day will pass. I am back on day 2 AF ... good luck and have fun, j
      Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

Friday, Oct. 5

I know I can do it. I've got an easy dinner prepared, so there wouldn't be a lot of temptation ahead of time. I used to drink while preparing for dinner parties & be half-gone when people came....then drink some more. With only one bottle of wine, I won't be able to do that. The folks coming are normal drinkers. My husband is a one-drink kind of guy. I'm ready for this. Thank you, Mary
        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
        October 3, 2012

Comment

Friday, Oct. 5

messed up

I had 3 days and last night go really upset and drank...........alot!! HELP!!! Anywone's words of advice and encouragement would be greatly welcome ......I was SOOOOO determined not to drink, then got really upset about a few things on the way to the restaurant, had beer before, during and after dinner:upset:

SOOOOO I guess I am starting over AGAIN!! At least I have that option here

Love you all, just wanted to share that w/ you so maybe I get some hopefullness back like I had yesterday:thanks: :h

MA
          :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Friday, Oct. 5

Cowgal, you slipped last night. It isn't the end all to your goals of being AF. I can't tell you how many times I slipped in the beginning because of some stress.

The biggest part of maintaining a life AF is to learn how to cope with the hurdles. Each and every time you encounter a situation that seems to set you off, take a deep breath and ask yourself, "What will drinking do to solve this?" You will find the answer is "Absolutely Nothing."

Our habit of turning to alcohol for whatever reason needs to be broken. This comes with learning about your triggers and what is in your forethought at the moment for wanting to drink. The more you can deal with them sober, the more days you will rack up being AF.

I know you can do this. We all are learning............. Pick yourself up and dust yourself off. You are only human and we are not perfect.

Comment

Friday, Oct. 5

Hey cowgal,
              We started the same day Oct. 1 - not bad three days. Alot better than you did last week and the week before, just keep positive - and ditto on "we're not perfect" - but we are at least trying to be better - and don't be too hard on yourself.:heart:
              hugs

Comment

Friday, Oct. 5

Aloha Friday AB-land!!

Janka so nice to see you back.

big welcome to FindingMyGrace

Hugs and strength to you Mary and Cowgal...it's not an easy path but you DO have it in you! (you too Janka!)

Accountable and all the great folks to come: have a SUPER Friday!!!

I'm off on the road here in a few minutes to visit family in Oregon so hopfeully I can find a WIFI hotspot at a hotel tomorrow sometime. yikes! MWO withdrawals!!! LOL

Been a great productive and AF week here at home and I have some great personal news:

I FINALLY GOT A JOB AND IT'S A HUGE UPGRADE FOR ME!!!!!!! WOOOOOO DOGGY!!!

so I'm pretty darn jazzzed about that

Be well me loveries.....
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Friday, Oct. 5

Congratulations on your new job Deter!!!! I hope it will be everything you want and much more! Have a safe trip to Oregon. We will see you when you get back!

Comment

Friday, Oct. 5

Wonderful news about your job Deter! :goodjob:
                    Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

Friday, Oct. 5

Hey Deter.....that's sooooh great! I could feel your excitement 'down the line'!!!!! Raising my AF cider to you!!!! Have a fun time in Oregon wont you...

Love and hugs
                      FMF xx
                      :heart: c: :heart:
                      "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Friday, Oct. 5

Ooooops! Sorry everyone! Forgot to say hello to you all.....back laterafter some grub!!

Love FMF xx
                        :heart: c: :heart:
                        "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Friday, Oct. 5

Congratulations Deter guy! I knew that something great would come up for you soon! Have a great time in Oregon. :goodjob:

Mary, I have faith that you will come through this evening just fine.

Cowgal, there is every reason to be hopeful again. Most people don't get sober initially without a few fits and starts (not that I'm giving you permission to slip ). I used to get too busy, and invariably, after a week or so, I would slip. It took a while to learn how to deal with it. You will find other ways to deal with your trigger points too.

Janka, glad to hear you sounding upbeat on day 2.

Hi AFM, suze, and FMF, I'm waving to you.

Nothing much new here. I have to go to physical therapy later. Now my shoulder AND my elbow hurt. I think this is what he might have meant when he said it might get worse before it gets better. Damn, I want some meaningful medication. Screw the naproxin! Okay, where's my bag of frozen peas??

I hope you are all doing well. I'm really not as grumpy as I sound....

Hugs to all,:l

Kathy
                          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Friday, Oct. 5

Hi Mary . Hope your dinner party's going well. Let me know how you get on. Stay strong you can do it

Poppy x

Comment

Friday, Oct. 5

Great news Deter!! Have a great trip!!

Kathy- After you thaw those peas you can make some nice creamed peas for dinner!!

Mary- I know you'll do well tonight.

Cowgal- Hang in honey, you'll make it.

AFM- I can't tell you how much I have come to respect you over time, your growth over the last several months has been phenominal!!

Love and Peace To All
                              Rob

Comment

Working...
                              X