X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thurs~Oct. 11

ello..ellow!
    Morning All-

Off to work. STD clinic this afternoon. Not much-just wanted to wish everyone a great AF day!

Attached files [img]/converted_files/13093=2064-attachment.jpg[/img]
    :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Thurs~Oct. 11

oookay, have a good day breeze (STD clinic?) want to talk?

L
    Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Thurs~Oct. 11

LOL!!!!!!

I work at the health dept & check in patients-not me! still LOL! I mentioned this when I first started my job (2 months ago)that people who read my posts will get confused. LOL! NOT ME! Tues & Thursdays I work the STD clinic & do their check in & lab work. Funny stories.

Have a good day tea!
      :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Thurs~Oct. 11

Hi Breez and tea and all to come.
        Yes Breez........you did say that people may get confused about the STD clinic.......was soooooo funny to read your post, Lorna!! lol

Am feeling great today.

Have a fab day all !!!

Much love,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Thurs~Oct. 11

Thought I'd jump in and say hi! Am on day 11 of the 30 days that I am determined to do. Feel much more positive about many things in my life now, after the last few months - especially life without alcohol. I'm learning my lessons. Have a good day everyone! Janicexxx
          AF since 9 May 2012
          Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Thurs~Oct. 11

Hi folks - just touching base too!

Janice - glad you are feeling good! Well done on day 11 - you are well on the way!

Scottish Lady (still lose my post if I type your name!) How's the quitting smoking going?

I'm gonna be down closer toyour neck of the woods this coming weekend - I need to know what protective gear to wear!

Breez - I'm sure your "just off to the STD clinic" remarks must earn you a few raised eyebrows if you forget to explain beforehand :H

Hiya Tea - long time no see, - Foo's it ga'n ma quine?

Well - just having a look during lunch break - so better get some fruit munched.

See ya later

Satori

xxx

85 days into my new life
            "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Thurs~Oct. 11

Good Morning All-
              off to a good start today
              Nice positive Thursday

I played around most of yesterday at work so I really and truly have to get busy.
              Just wanted to say hello and hope you all have a great af day today
              Janice - 11 is great I know you will make your 30 day goal. Just look for 12 for now and the days will just add up by themselves.

Have a great day everyone!
              Lisa
              Satori.....huh? can you translate from the Scottish?

Comment

Thurs~Oct. 11

Greetings everyone. I had a good start to the month, but just finished 6 days of drinking. I prefer AF and will continue to work on it.
                Thanks for all the support.
                Love and Peace,
                Phil
                Love and Peace,
                Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

Thurs~Oct. 11

Hi everyone

Did not get time to check in yesterday but really enjoyed all the posts. Rushing again now but had to get my quick fix of MWO. It's great to be able to identify with so many different people.

Rustop

Comment

Thurs~Oct. 11

Hi everyone-
                    This is my first post. So glad I found you guys. To make a long story short, I've been AF most of my life since age 21 (I'm 44), with a couple of year long or so "experiments" in the drinking world (disaster). Dad died young of alcoholism and I've got the bug BIG time, for sure. It had been about 5 years since my last drink, but I drank about 3 weeks ago and am trying really hard to get back to AF as quickly as possible before any of the really serious consequences start and I lose my grip. I'm so much happier AF and REALLY want to get back to it ASAP. AND it's seriously dangerous for me to drink. Once I start, there's no telling what will happen by the end of the night, including driving drunk. My pattern this time has been to drink one or 2 or 3 nights in a row and then say I'm stopping, which lasts one day, 2 at best. I went to a doc last week and got a script for Campral. He said I needed to be AF for 3 days to start it. I was almost there, but drank last night. Can I just start it anyway? He also said it takes 5-7 days to build up in the system and be effective. I'm worried about how to stay AF in the meantime.
                    I've done the A.A. thing in the past, but it really just doesn't appeal to me anymore. I know that program inside and out and have had years of really good psychotherapy. I think I'm basically in good shape - I just want to cut this 'relapse' short. Nip it in the bud. On some level I doubt that that's possible. Please tell me it is!
                    I have the supplements, the meds, the book and I'm waiting for the CD's. I'm scared but also hopeful.
                    How I wish I didn't have this issue. It's really been a burden my whole life. ARGH!!!!!!
                    Any help or advice is SOOOO welcome. thanks for "listening".......

Comment

Thurs~Oct. 11

Wonder,

:welcome:

Just a quick post because I need to run out for a bit, however, MY doctor said that I could start the Campral right away without going AF first.

He did say, though, that it takes time to build up and that drinking through it will hurt its effectiveness.

Good luck,
                      Cindi
                      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Thurs~Oct. 11

Hi Everyone: I'm feeling more & more committed to the AF life that I know I must embrace. Last night, we went to a great theater performance. The last time I was at that theater (last Spring), I was drunk. I had been drinking the whole afternoon before we left for the theater. What a miserable experience! I can't even remember the name of the play I saw, & of course, couldn't converse intelligently about it during intermission with the friends we went with. Contrasting that experience of last Spring to last night (when I was sober) just brought home to me how destructive my drinking had become. No more! Enough is enough! There will be no more fantasies about lovely, sophisticated drinking experiences! I can remember fighting off a headache during that play & falling sound asleep on the way home (I probably passed out.).

Drinking adds absolutely nothing good to my life. Drinking only takes away the joy, saps my energy, & humiliates me. I didn't know this truism before I came to MWO. Thank you everyone for hanging in there with me. Mary
                        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                        October 3, 2012

Comment

Thurs~Oct. 11

Mary,

I want to add something here, because I have been mulling over the desire for alcohol thing despite the hugely negative affects (effects teacher?) it has on our lives.

We do get an immediate relief from anxiety and depression, yes, unfortunately, it takes more and more as time goes by to achieve that relief. Suddenly we are at the point where no true relief comes (or it does but it only lasts through the first of second glass) and then we go blazing past that to complete and total drunk.

Things I have picked up in the last few months:

1. Many of us drink to kill the pain. However, after a while this drug no longer kills the pain for us and we keep chasing that relief that we will never find from it until we are completely blitzed and totally damaging our brains, our bodies and our souls.

2. This rollercoaster is a physical addiction, too, but like cigarettes, once past the physical we are on to the mental. Much harder to deal with.

3. Feelings of sadness and anxiety are a part of life and we need to learn that they are not necessarily "bad" but a part of our life. (I do not trivialize depression or severe anxiety, there are ways to deal with those without alcohol, though.)

Okay, Just some thoughts that have been bouncing around in my otherwise normally empty brain.

Love,
                          Cindi
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Thurs~Oct. 11

Cindi: Firstly, your brain is not normally empty! I just love your feistiness. I'm hoping a little of it will rub off on me. I'm way, way too ladylike...blame the parenting of my parents' generation.

Secondly, I totally agree that the mental & emotional addiction is far worse than the physical.

Thirdly, I'm a real newbie at dealing w/feelings, conflicts, & hurts. When there's no alcohol, there's no numbing them away (only temporarily, as most of us know all too well). Now, at this late in the game, I'm learning to deal w/all the messiness of life.

Keep going...I'm right behind you. Love, Mary
                            Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                            October 3, 2012

Comment

Thurs~Oct. 11

Welcome Wonderworld. I wish I had more to share on the meds side but I'm not actually taking anything now. You explained your situation very well though and I think this place can be helpful to you. There is a lot to read here and sometimes just logging on and checking in can be helpful.
                              It sounds like you are working on a plan to attack this setback. Just stick with that and try to remember why you want to keep sober.
                              Glad you are here.
                              Hi mary and cindi and russ and phil-
                              cindi - I think you summed things up pretty well there
                              phil- hang in there - hope today id going well for you

Lisa

Comment

Working...
                              X