X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Meditation Mama!

Hello my friends!

I'm back!

Wow.. where to start.. As many of you know, I went away for a meditation retreat. It was AMAZING!!, then I went to Sonoma for a vist with my favorite Aunt. I got back home about a week ago, and have been absolutely slammed at the spa and getting settled in my new house.

First, the meditation retreat. It was absolutely the most insightful thus far (I go twice a year for 1-2 weeks of silence). I practiced with this amazing teacher from Tibet - she was remarkable.. There was one practice we did called "Feeding the Demons", and that proved to be one of the hardest but most amazing practice I have ever experienced. It is a medtation practice specificly for dealing with our personal demons. I will share more later, but it was, to say the least, life-changing.

Right before I left I had 28 days AF, and loved it. As you may remember, I was going trough a move, had a back injury, and some personal medical problems (whaa, I know)and didn't make the 30-day challenge. So, I opted to try mods. I would say for the most part I managed to stick to no more than 3 glasses of wine. However, I have had 4 occasions where I overindulged - I thinkit has been about a month since I began trying mods... I of course was AF during the retreat, but not in Sonoma (wine country.. oh what a test!). Anyway, I have been back to reality and home and I am feeling the creep of the crave. It frightens me and so I am going to do another stint of 30 days. I am not sure what I will do after that, but for now I really feel like I want that clear mind for meditation, my work, my family and my health (gotta get my butt moving).

Happy to read about "The Inn".. how appropriate for me that it starts on the day I planned to start again! Nothing happens by mistake...

Glad to be back - I have missed you all!!!!!

Namaste,
    MM
    Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

glad you are back and raring to go!
    It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

MM,

Welcome back and jump on in to the Inn.

We can't wait to hear all about the retreat.

Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Welcome back MM.
        Glad to hear you found your retreat so uplifting. Great to hear you`re goaling yourself for the 30 days of abs again.

Much love,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Thanks gals!! Glad to be back....
          Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Working...
          X