Tues. - Oct. 16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tues. - Oct. 16

just popping in...breez - you are allowed to feel down. Take some time and think about it.

I find getting lots of good sleep helps put things in perspective. Take care of yourself - and that black eye.

:l
    Lisa

Comment

Tues. - Oct. 16

Hey All, I'm a late poster today.

Breez, it seems that you have been so positive for so long, maybe this is your time to muck around in it for a while. There is such a thing as being "productively depressed." It is when we are down with a purpose--unhappy as a precursor to making some positive changes in our lives. I don't like being down anymore than the next person, but sometimes it has been the start of a new cycle of growth for me. I hope that is the case for you! It is nice that your husband is supportive too.:l I know your shiner will be improving with each passing day.

AFM, you are strong and have been through a lot with your hubby. I hope you get this job, since it seems right up your alley. I know you'll get ready for it. I've got my fingers crossed for you. And thanks for telling us about your big craving. It helps to know what might be coming down the road!

I'm facing a craving situation this weekend, in that I am flying up to NY for my friend's son's engagement party. It will be the biggest gathering I have been to, and the alcohol will be flowing in abundance. I don't know where to buy AF wine up there, so I was starting to feel that I would cave for sure if I went. I called my therapist, and we made an action plan. I will buy AF wine here and lug it up on the plane. I can call her if I need to. And of course, I have all of you to talk to in the coming days, too. I used to hate the word "accountable", but now I like it, because I am accountable to myself, to all of you, and to her, and I don't want to disappoint ANY of us! After talking, I felt safer and relieved. It also feels good to tell you all, as well. I haven't been holding out on you, this just came up a day or two ago.

Anyway, to all that I didn't mention personally today, I'm thinking of you, too.

Have a good rest of the day (or tomorrow for some of you!)

Hugs,:l

Kathy
      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Tues. - Oct. 16

Hey Kathy- I think it is great that you recognized this 'threat' coming up and decided to face it head on and deal with it. You took the problem seriously and have armed yourself with a plan. Now you can relax some and think of the positives of going to this event and staying sober and enjoying it. Sooo proud of you!
        I have a wedding, I sure I mentioned, coming up soon. I'm the maid of honor and the bride keeps insisting that I will toast her marriage with champagne. So far I have just said - 'nah, I'll toast it but not with champagne'.
        Although, just that bit of pressure had me considering it... So I think it is great to have a plan. When we get tempted and can't think straight, we can just let the plan answer for us.

Love- and :l Lisa

Comment

Tues. - Oct. 16

Yep - I agree with Lisa, Kathy! You are 1 step ahead of the situation. You know there will be alcohol flowing there so you can prepare beforehand! I know you are a strong woman, and will do great!!! Just think at how good you will feel the next morning.

Hi Lisa and everyone else! I have been on here for most of today.... I should get off of here. Have a good night everyone.

Comment

Working...
          X