The Inn...... Thursday Oct. 18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took a huge risk and started today's thread. Hope I did it right. Gonna go check......

Good morning Beth. You did great with starting the thread. It's such a nice morning here at the Inn.
    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Yay!

And I also caught up on this morning's Inn entries on the last thread - good stuff! Hi Guys! I love how international this board is - people posting round the clock! even if I get up at 4 a.m, I don't have to be lonely here! :h

This is morning of Day 6 for me - to my utter joy and amazement. As I wrote in my journal this morning - "I can still feel the noose around my neck, but it's getting just a little looser and lighter each day". So grateful to eveyone here........ there are no words.....

And in the area of amends:

To "the Guest"-

All the talk (and photos) of naked flesh, coupled with VERY thinly-veiled sexual innuendos (including my own), AND my recent bout with AL, MAY have 'aroused' some of my unbridled aggression and lust , and thus, MAY have skewed my judgement yesterday. I apologize for the tone of my note to you. I do not wish to create, contribute to, or perpetuate conflict of any kind here at the Inn, or to negatively impact the serenity of my fellow guests in any way, including yourself.

I believe the meditation room will be finished this morning. Perhaps we can practice there together later this afternoon, along with anyone else who feels like meditating. I would enjoy your company. In complete silence of course.

Respectfully,
      "Another Guest"

See everyone at breakfast! I heard talk that we may have a harpist in the dining room to give a lovely musical start to the day.

Comment

Good morning everyone, another restful nights sleep and a beautiful sunny morning, what more could you ask for. Will defnitely be checking out the mediation room.

Have already had breakfast so will miss the harpist in the dining room, what a lovely beginning to the day.

Rustop

Comment

Hope everybody slept well, and Lucky?s security system kept Al at bay.

Indigo - Good to hear you more upbeat. Hope you get good results when you go to court and can spend more time with your daughter - that would be so great! And a little romance on the horizon too - no wonder you are sounding so much more cheery. Hoping this guy turns out to be something special. Good for you - 43 days AF - and more to come! Will be nice to get the supplements paid for to boot! Nice clean closets and a clean apartment - hey, you want to start on my place now?

Rob, hope you are

feeling better today. Have rounded up a few things for you -

Wonder, good for on opening the thread, thanks. Re ?the guest? - I?ve known him for a long time, and he?s a good egg. We all tease each other here, all in good fun. Sure he?s not concerned.

Off to work, so can?t stop for breakfast - but enjoy the harpist. Nothing but the best here, eh? Hello to all who follow, catch you tonight!
          The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Hey guys, just polked my head in on the way by - Sven and Horatio are in the sauna! Yum - what a way to start the day! :H

The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Hi Hannah! Your graphics are amazing! Your posts are like a great amusement park ride! I know "guest " is a good egg - I'm teasing too! (I can dish it out AND take it! how bout that??!). Laughter is my favorite rememdy for......well, everything!!
              And, I'm wondering something, logistically, about your posts - how are you able to look at the posts going back so far on the thread at the same time that you are replying? Would love to know your method. Would love to know about the graphics too, but definitely not til my brain is WAY more cleared out!

Hope you have a SPLENDID day!

XX Beth

Comment

HANNAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mercy, please! How am I supposed to concentrate? And sadly, I'm starting to wonder if Horatio and Sven aren't REALLY good friends . That would break my heart. I thought Sven and I were "vibing". heh heh heh

Comment

Hi Everyone: Starting day 13 today. It feels great to be sober. Mary
                  Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                  October 3, 2012

Comment

Good afternoon Innmates!

Thanks for upping the security Lucky....I slept like a log

I missed the harpist...had an early meeting today.....but I hear there's an Irish fiddle band coming in tonight.....diddly dee diddly da......let's all dress in green for the party lol

I'm having terrible waves of anxiety/agitation this afternoon....I think Al must be throwing stones up at my window. I'll just get my big stick out of my suitcase.....

Maybe I need a smoothie?

Suze x
                    Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

The Inn???

Just wondering...what is the inn and how may I get a reservation?? I am new to the site and have been reading about the Inn.. and I think I have a grasp on it but thought an explanation might help me better understand what your talking about,or typing. Like the spa I think I want to go to the spa....? 1 st day AF!!!! Go Me!!!! Tammy

Comment

Good Morning INN-mates. Well for now the toilet and I have parted company- Praise the Lord!! I'm still feeling a little punk, but have a busy day ahead so onward!!

First a request- Could whoever starts the thread put a note in for newcomers to check the Sunday thread for house rules? We seem to have some poor soul wandering in (almost daily) who is dazed and confused by our happy little gathering place.

Lucky- As always the problem solver. Thanks for the added protection. However, I don't think we'll be adding Camprel to the water as it may make it taste a little off. But it can be obtained from the kiosk in the lobby. And thanks for the tip about taking the laptop to the bathroom. You are just the smartest thing!!

MM- Glad you are able to slip down and join us. The meditation room is completed. Its quite lovely. Our massueses are getting such a work out that I need to hire more. Any suggestions?

InnerStrength- Wonderful post. Please don't minimize 47 days, you've done a great thing and to those struggling with day 2-3, its a mindboggling accomplishment. You have so much to offer, hope you'll share with us frequently.

Mary- 12 days!! You go girl!!

TKeene--Welcome, come in and join us. We'd love to get to know you.

Finding- What would we do without you? You are right the brain does here just certain words. Tell yourself don't drink and the brain hears drink. I think MM pointed this out also some time back. Conversely, trying not to think about something is just as damaging for example: Try not to think about zebras- What's the frst thing that pops into your head? Zebras of course.

Finding both you and InnerStrength have offered some excellent suggestions about how to deal with cravings.

By the way Finding- Halloween here in the states is celebrated pretty much during the month of October through Nov 1st. My neighbors started decorating their yards with pumpkins, gholies and beasties two weeks ago. Its just a fun holiday. I think over the years it has evolved into a day when we can dress up and pretend to be someone else and laugh at our fears (monsters, beasts, ghosts). Trick or Treat night it is especilly fun to see all the little ones dress up and tap on the door, they are just precious!!

Beaches--Oh my, since for obvious reasons, this is an adult establishmet, I was shocked to hear that kiddies showed up in your room. But the pumpkin carving does sound like fun.

Wonder- Thanks for the heads up on Gretchen- We will be watching her carefully.

July- Hi- I must echo Hannah/Debs thanks for the idea for the INN. Unfortunately, we don't appear to be keeping it "G" rated as your beautiful daughter suggests. I hope you are not offended.

Auntigriselda, Tawny Hmm- Welcome!! If you check the Sunday welcome the post you'll see the house rules. All are welcome.

Indigo- I am so proud of you. First of all 44 days!! Also you are choosing to be so proactive in you life. Did you ever get the info on the Medical Transcriptionist program? Its good to hear that you have started to get your medical problems sorted out.

Good luck on your date. You must come back here and let us know how it goes.

I'm so glad to hear that you've found help and support in the 3D world. We are always here for each other but taking those steps in the real world to make our lives better is so important.

Max- Another runner!! Gosh! I am so impressed. The men who join us here do seem to enjoy running.

Well off for another day. You all have a great time.

Comment

yay Tammy!!!! Definitely check in!! I'm very new to this site too, and checked in to the Inn right away (i was desperate for the spa too!).

I hope I'm saying it right, if not, someone please correct me. The Inn is for any guest who is attempting to achieve 30 consecutive days AF. It is a place to find support, fun and a respite from the struggles of our day-to-day lives.

But please be advised, there is a slimy creature lurking around the perimeter of the property named AL (his last name is Cohol). While Lucky has set up a crack security team to keep AL away from the guests, if you find yourself in a tussle with him, you may need to spend a little time in the "wreck room". It IS possible, and indeed encouraged, that you communicate with staff and other guests from there. We will all support you in your efforts to get the heck out of there as quickly as possible. When the tussle is over, the staff will welcome you back to your room, which will be kept in reserve.

I hope that you will enjoy all the amenities: pool, spa, fine cuisine, lectures, performances, meditation room, yoga, pilates, virgin cocktail hour in the lounge, Zen Garden and so much more!

Oh, and as you have no doubt heard, there are several scantily clad (and oh so buff) employees, both male and female, who some consider to be quite delightful. Other guests prefer to keep them at a distance in light of their occassianally "flexible" morals and their extremely creative interpretation of 'official' job descriptions. This area is left to your personal discretion. You are free to do as you wish. We are a "don't ask, don't tell unless you include all the details" establishment.

The concierge and/or innkeeper should be back shortly, in case you have more questions. In the meantime, why not schedule a seaweed wrap and facial for this afternoon? It's heavenly!

Glad you're here!

Beth

Comment

I'm Ready....in so many ways!! Thanks for the insight!!Tammy

Comment

Good morning Innmates!

Nothing like a morning hangover/guilt free!

Top of morning to you all-

Make it a great day! Don't even think about Al. Secruity has him under constant watch and he is not coming near our Inn. Relax and enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                              X