The Inn...Friday 19 October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retteacher, 14 days is great! Im not far behind so dont let me catch you!
    "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

Max: We're celebrating together. Thanks for the affirmation! Mary
      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
      October 3, 2012

Comment

I'm turning in. exhausted. hoping for a better night's sleep tonight. Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow. Al has been vanquished, as least for now. He gave up on me for the night when he realized what he was up against, despite my vulnerable state. If I could lift my arm, I'd flip him the bird. Thank God for the Inn.

Big hugs :h -

Beth xox

Comment

Evenin' Inn-mates!! Its been quiet on the thread today.

Baby Girl- Litsten to our Chief of Covert Ops. He's very knowegable about fighting off the Beast. I am sorry to hear about you mom and hope that she recovers quickly. Do you have any plans to go see her soon?

Deter- When I first looked at your avitar, I thought it was a turducken, which I think is an intresting concept but a tofukey--not appealing to me and vinegar. You are indeed an interesting and ummmm adventerous man.

Lucky- Always happy to see you. I read the book Wicked but could just not get my head around a musical made from the book, until I went to some of the links you posted on the subscribers thread. Its been through here a couple of times and if it swings through again I'll make a point to see it and think of you.

Mary- Hope you have a great AF week end great going on 14 AF days!!

Chief- Thanks for your unflagging battle against AL . You not only watch over us but remind us to watch out for each other and that our first obligation is to NOT DRINK, no matter what it takes. I remember an especially powerful post you wrote a week or so into your first thrity days when you talked about having your own personal battle with your beast. It inspired me as I know it did many others. Glad you're here with us.

Well Max, leave it to me to find the one substitute medico who is of the AL persuasion. I do recal the debacal down under and recall that his people put it down to "jet lag". Not to worry, I'm sure I can find some equally "qualified" physician to assist Dr. Hands.

Wonder, rest well darlin' - I've had a special basket sent to you room that I hope will help you feel better.

Since it seems to be such a low key evening, I think I'll just have the harpist join our string quartet in the lobby this evening. We'll keep the music soft and gentle for everyone tonight.

I hope the slightly nearsighted sleep fairy makes it safely down the halls tonight.

Sweet Dreams All
          Love and Peace
          Rob Attached files [img]/converted_files/351046=3698-attachment.gif[/img] [img]/converted_files/351046=2207-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/351046=2149-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Well now, that is just weird. I did send a short little post before I went to work for the day - and where is it? It obviously flew off into cyberspace somewhere, never to return. If you see it winging down from the sky like some strange boomerang, duck!

Anyways - HELLO to everyone. Sounds like it has been a day of mixed emotions, and I get the sense that everyone is tired from all the partying and needs to rest up over the weekend. Strange how in most hotels, it’s the weekends that are busy, but I sense it will be the other way around in our Inn at 30. So don’t be discouraged if the hotel seems a little quiet - like the grand dame she is, she is just resting and gathering her strength to go at life with renewed vigor at the start of a new week.

So Al was toddling about last night? Thank goodness our security was about - pretty lucky we have them, what would we have Done without them?
            And now Maxman is bringing in a tank! Oh my!

Suze - hope you feel better tomorrow. A day of rest and a little pampering are exactly what you need. Please use the complimentary lavender bath salts you will find on the edge of the tub, and the extra plush fleece robe and oversized towels.

Baby girl - Sorry to hear about your Mom. Hope she will be alright. Don’t beat yourself up if you are having a hard time right now. Take a short break to gather your emotions, and come back with a new commitment. Lean on us, and we’ll support you - that’s the way this works.

Don, glad you are enjoying the suite. Nothing but the best for our commando chief. Maxman, glad to have you about too - do you need a womanly hand fixing the tank? Maybe decorating/painting? I think natural Muslim curtains would go well with the Khaki green, don’t you? You let me know, now, hear?

Mary, Deter, Finding, Rustop, Wonder, Lucky, and TAOIM (Temporarily Absent or Overlooked Inn Mates) - have a good evening, a good weekend.

If anyone wants a cuppa tea, I’ll be down in the coffee shop. ! Attached files [img]/converted_files/351048=1982-attachment.gif[/img]
            The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Working...
            X