The INN for 30 HOUSE RULES AND SUNDAY SOUT OUT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Sunday Morning from the INN for 30.

It is our tradition here to post the House Rules on Sunday and also to Shout Out our days of abstinance.

First the house rules:

Hello guests and welcome to the Inn for 30

The Inn for 30 is a gathering place for those who wish to remain AF (alcohol free) for 30 consecutive days.

Please come in and get comfortable, we have many rooms and encourage you to choose one that suits your tastes.

We do ask that all guests observe the house rules which are as follows:

1) All guests will respect, support and encourage each other during their stay.

2) While all guests are encouraged to enjoy the rumpus room, the padded walls are not meant to encourage head banging. If you are feeling really crazy or really craving, come here and talk to someone!!

3) Unfortunately, we have an unwanted inhabitant who occasionally slips up on unsuspecting guests. His name is Al-(coholic) . If Al does happen to ?get you? (you have a slip) you will not be asked to leave. However, you will be sent to the Wreck Room a place where I?m sure you will not want to linger.

4) We have a fully equipped exercise room, but because your current proprietor is a lazy slug, I suggest that you get you read the booklets scattered about the room or ask someone who knows about that kind of stuff. The only ?exercise? we require of our guests is that you keep track of your AF days, any way you want to from * to :moon:
    5) Our nutritionist/cook is currently on leave for a gastric bypass so it?s pretty much up to you to get your own meals. However, we will have Sunday dinner together for our Sunday Shout Out where the rules will be reviewed for the newcomers and AF days will be posted.

6) Have Fun, Don?t Drink, No running or Diving around the Pool!!

Ok Next is the where the INN-mates. Shout out their days of abstinance loud and proud !!!

Happy Week One at the INN for 30 everyone!!!

4 days AF!! Many days sober, though!!

Glad to be at the Inn, need the rest.

See y'all around the halls!!

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Just a quick good morning before I head out for a hike. The ocean views are supposed to be superb and it is a clear day. See you for dinner!

Comment

Hi Everyone: Day 16 for me. Have a great day. Mary
        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
        October 3, 2012

Comment

Hi everyone, just noticed this post, looks interesting. I'm feeling reluctant to say how many
          af days I have achieved, when I do I seem to blow it! but I'm doing ok. Great to be here.
          Thanks Paula.

Comment

Morning inn-mates! and happy Sunday!!

By the skin of my teeth (especially days 3,4 and 8 nfire: ), and due to this lovely restful Inn - which is so elegantly maintained (not to mention the exquisite meals, world class spa, top-notch service 24/7, delightful leisure activities, and crack security team )- and with the inspiration provided by EVERYONE on MWO around the world in all time zones sharing their experience from the heart no matter what, today is ......

DAY 9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rockband: :dancin:

And to that SOB (you know who you are -AL
            !!!! :devil - just in case you forgot - I hate you.

Comment

I hate Al also , he is trying to ruin my life. But I will defeat him!!

Comment

I hear you Paula! He's a miserable useless u-know-what. You can do it!
                xox wonder

Comment

Good afternoon Ye Innkeepers.......looks like good work has been achieved in this place this week....well done everyone.

Day 9......and smiling!

Have been on antibiotics for a few days and still feeling a bit cr*p......but, on the positive side, it certainly makes Al less appealing LOL...... (but I would like to feel better, please, if that could be arranged...I promise to fight the Beast even when I'm well!) Hope everyone is beginning to feel the nice effects of the sober life :h

Nice breeze here this afternoon....I saw some kites in the reception area so I'm going out to fly one....:woot:

Suze x
                  Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

Hello Inn-Mates,

A great first week of enthusiasm and fun. I like the light hearted posts that many write even given the serious nature of the goal to remain AF for 30 days or more.

Old Boozebuster friends from the summer and new friends at the Inn may you have a Sunday that leaves you relaxed and refreshed. Good luck each of you: Rob, Hannah, Chief, Satori, Lucky, SlightlySuzie, Wonderworld, Pauls, Retteacher, Db2, and T.O.Inn-Mates with your own personal goals this week. My thoughts are especially going out to all of you in the first part of this comitment. I'll be reading your posts and supporting your efforts.

Right now I'm just back from a long run that leaves me a bit sore and in need for some stretching and a long hot, hot shower...off I go.

July

Day 87 AF

Comment

I am back at the Inn -- trying not to do anytime in the wreck room... I am on Day 1 (again) one thing that has helped me is that I went back to some old "tell us your story" posts... we all really do have so much in common ... so here goes again... I have my head wrapped around this week... hope all have a super Sunday!

Comment

Hi BabyG!
                        You sound determined. And so true! - we all have something very much in common. Something people who haven't struggled with alcohol can never completely relate too. They just haven't been there. I too find something almost magical about connecting with other people's stories. Such a reilef!

have a great day-

xx wonder

Comment

Just passin' thru'

Day 95 for me .

Love

Satori

xxx
                          "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Good to see all you who have checked in!

Cindi -Special hugs to you, know you have been through a very stressful time, and amazing that you are having many AF days in there, shows real commitment.

Mary - Congrats of day 16 - nice long string of days there,:goodjob: I remember when you were so worried you couldn?t get back on track - well, you did and are, and that?s just great!

Wonder (Beth) and Suze - day 9!!!!!!!!! How far you have come from the doubtful gals who first logged on here. Now you know you can do it - onwards and upwards!!!!!:yay:

July - You are our font of wisdom in this Inn, sort of like our own Dahl Lama (Geez, hope I spelled THAT right - don?t need any more muslim curtains around the Inn).

Hi BabyGirl! - Glad to see you aren't giving up!
                            Satori - Another wise one - How's it going?

Well, all, as you know I am here mostly as a host, and am more into mods, but will report on that anyhow - had 6 days AF last week, and a few glasses of wine with hubby (went out for supper last night when he got home from his week away business trip). Happy to report that mods is going very well. If I hadn?t had that long stretch of AF days, I don?t think it would be, the AF days are very valuable. My own mods rules are as follows:

- NEVER drink alone
                            - NEVER keep alcohol in the house
                            - Only drink w hubby (not that I ever drank w anyone else!)
                            - Only allowed 2 glasses of wine when we go out for supper, which we do only on occasion, so as to keep it as a special occasion, not a regular occurance. Never more than once a week.

Those are my rules, I am sticking to them like glue. Last night was a good experience - I found that I was enjoying the wine, but didn?t have that old feeling of HAVING to have the wine, and gulp it down as quickly as possible. Don?t know how much of that is from my own growth, or how much is from the L-Glutamine that I now take regularly. But it all works, and that?s a great thing.

So, to all of you - I encourage you to carry on with the AF path. You all know inside you somewhere whether or not you can attempt a very careful mods at some point - it?s as individual as we all are. But highly recommend staying of the AF path for at least 90 days - I made it to about 74, and then had a death in the family, and weakened. But jumped right back on being mainly AF. Otherwise I know I would have gone on to at least 90, maybe more. It?s a valuable tool.

So good luck everyone, and keep on keeping on!!!!!

The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Hey INN-mates!! Thanks for the SOUT outs or SHOUT outs as its correctly spelled!

DB2 Congrats on 4 days!! There are also a lot of stars for October as a whole!!

Mary- Day 16, you have really recommitted yourself to remaining AF.

Paula- If you feel superstitious about shouting out your days that's fine just let us know when you get to 30 so we can celebrate.

Wonder and Suze- Partners in crime er I mean AF 9!! Suze, hope you get to feeling better soon.

July - Thanks for joining us for our one week celebration and Shout Out.

Baby Girl- Day one!!! A wonderful start!!

Satori - Thanks for stopping in. Holy Cow almost 100 days already!!

Dinner tonight is a fancy buffet. Here's the menu:

. Just click on the blue hilighted area then open and if you have adobe acrobat, the menu will appear.

So spiff yourselves up a little and see you there!!

Love and Peace
                              Rob Attached files attachment.pdf (5.5 KB)

Comment

Working...
                              X