A Breakthrough for Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Breakthrough for Me

Today, I had a lot of cleaning to do. We had some work done in our house, & I needed to get the place ship-shape. Combine the chores w/the hubby having a guys' night out...you guessed it: my 2 biggest triggers. Mindless housework & husband being out for hours would have had me drinking unfettered for hours.

I didn't even think about drinking until I was well into my cleaning frenzy. Not long ago (pre-MWO), I would have gone out for a bottle as soon as my husband was out of the way. I would have been sacked out long ago w/only a fraction of my work done. Instead, everything is sparkling, & I'm in full possession of my faculties. Tomorrow, I won't feel guilty & hungover.

My reward was coming here & reporting to you all & filling in my 19th zero into DrinkTracker. I would not be in this place if it weren't for MWO. Thank you for being here. I couldn't have done this wo/you...I tried & tried to no avail. Today's temptation (chores + alone time) would have been too much for me to overcome. I love you all, Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

A Breakthrough for Me

WELL DONE MARY!

"Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

A Breakthrough for Me

Way to go Mary!!! You've inspired me so much AF-wise............could it be you actually get me CLEANING too !?!?!?! :shocked:
      Okay! Fine! The gauntlet has been thrown........ tomorrow's the day :yuk:

:rockon: Mary!

Comment

A Breakthrough for Me

Mary,

How awesome is that?? You got all your work done and can rest and enjoy now. Drunk, you would not have gotten anything done and you would be stressed out of your mind, now.

I am happy for you and impressed with you.

Love,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

A Breakthrough for Me

Good Job Mary! I look forward to reading your posts everyday. I'm so glad you have turned this thing around.

Don

Comment

A Breakthrough for Me

Kudos Mary! Feel very proud!

Comment

A Breakthrough for Me

That is great Mary. I used to do the wine/ cleaning thing too. Never got a whole lot accomplished! Congrats on your 19 days AF. YOu are doing great!!!!!

Lisa

Comment

A Breakthrough for Me

Lisa: I actually used to delude myself into thinking I could do the cleaning better...I think I thought I'd be more focussed or something. Mary
                Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                October 3, 2012

Comment

A Breakthrough for Me

Thanks for sharing that Mary. You should be proud of yourself, you are an inspiration to the rest of us.

Rustop

Comment

A Breakthrough for Me

oh Mary!! Me too. I tried making an event out of it - how much fun it would be and how much more I would get done because I was having 'fun' at the same time. yeah, no. Not so much. Mostly I managed to drink lots and lots of wine and then 'take a nap'.
                    Sober is better - it just is.
                    congrats again mary

Comment

A Breakthrough for Me

Good for you, Mary! That is the start of change, really realizing how much more you get out of being sober--yes, even when cleaning.

I admit to the drinking/cleaning thing too. When I started, it WAS more fun to drink and clean, and I did get more accomplished. But like most things with alcohol, the rewards became fewer and farther apart. Mostly it became clean a little and take a nap. Work a little and take a nap.

Isn't it great having a clean house? Kudos to you!

Hugs,:l

Kathy
                      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

A Breakthrough for Me

So good

Well done Mary,
                        It's such a pleasure to read about peoples achievents. You deserve to be proud of yourself!!!
                        That's exactly the kind of a situation i'm looking forward to being in (without the husband or partner though..).
                        Keep it up and let us know how you're doing.
                        Best wishes,
                        Finski :l

Comment

A Breakthrough for Me

Mary - well done you! You deserve so much; you've worked steadily and conscientiously (sound like a school report here!) and we're all so proud of you. I am so happy for you.

Um, for me, the cleaning!.... Booze, no booze, awake, asleep = cleaning stinks! And I used to be quite a good cleaning lady....overwhelm now! But I am spurred in this as well by your dedication and application.... thanks.

Hugs
                          FMF xx
                          :heart: c: :heart:
                          "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

A Breakthrough for Me

I haven't got a clue or even an inkling to what all of you are talking about on this thread......cleaning??.......tidying up??......what strange language you women talk!!!!!

Seriously though I always shared the cleaning and housework with my partner even when I was working I still came home and did something around the house no matter how small it may of seemed. When I was out of work though the cleaning always looked more attractive when I could get a few tinnies down me first and I could crank the stereo up loud with some techno tunes.!!:disco: I always used to say to her if you want me to tidy up I'll have to just nip out the offy and get a few cans to get me motivated and I would always buy 8 instead of 4 cause 4 was never enough. That was one of a thousand more excuses I had in my little black book for getting drink inside me.

Love and Happiness
                            Hippie
                            xx
                            "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                            Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Working...
                            X