Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday - Oct. 25

Dear MWO Friends:

I couldn't sleep, so I thought I'd start this thread very early on Thursday. Giving up alcohol for good has meant that I must change my thinking & behavior. The behavior part is somewhat obvious: no drinking at all for me. I'm not a moderation kind of woman, so no drinking. Also, I need full & busy days, but not so busy that I feel stressed out & exhausted. Therefore, I need to check in w/myself once in a while & see how I'm doing physically, emotionally, & spiritually.

As far as control of my thinking: I try to banish all drinking thoughts as soon as I can. No more: "Gee, it would be nice to relax, celebrate, or destress w/a nice glass of _______________"(fill in the blank). No more: "Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc. will not be the same wo/____________________" (fill in the blank). I just turn my thoughts to something else.

My solution is simple (no more drinking) but not easy. It is getting easier as time goes on, but I need vigilance at all times. Hope all is well w/all of you in MWO-land. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Thursday - Oct. 25

Mary - I am still also up, so will be the first to answer today. What you are saying is that you need some balance in your life, and work at achieving that. Life is a delicate dance, isn't it? You sound like you are well on your way to understanding what you need to remain AF. You are right, it will get easier with time.

Sending you many good wishes, and support. Have a good day, Mary, and all who follow.
    The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Thursday - Oct. 25

Good morning Mary, Hannah and all to come.

Thank you for such insightful posts Mary, you get us all to think and evaluate ourselves. I really identify with your comment about being vigalent at all times. As I said over on newbies its a constant struggle for me as the alcohol is still there but I guess thats life, it is always going to be around, its how I deal with it that has to change.

Rustop

Comment

Thursday - Oct. 25

wow, small crew today...hope all is well.

Late howdy to Mary, Hannah, Rustop. big day and still working. AND have contractor coming in the morning to change out some windows...the typical zoo.
        good to be doing this without the ol hangover handicap...whew!

be well friends!
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Thursday - Oct. 25

Hey Deter, Rustop, Hannah and Mary,

I think that lots of folks have moved over into the Inn. I've noticed that there are only a few faithful on the daily thread these days. I'm having less and less time to get to the computer in the morning these days.

Anyway, all is well with me. Still AF, but I did have a drinking dream the other night. I think I was at a party, and there was a lot of very tempting drinks around me. Al was trying to tempt me, alright. He was getting to me, too, in the dream--a little part of me was whispering, "oh you've been sober long enough, one day won't hurt." Then somehow I wasn't around the drinks anymore. Safe again, YAY! It was a little alarming to wake up from that one!

Anyway, night-night all!

Hugs,:l

Kathy
          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Thursday - Oct. 25

Morning all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......Friday night for the melon....catch up please nutcases!!

Good thoughts Mary..very true blossom...
            Keeping the old noggin in these positive thinking grooves reeeelllllly helps lay the tracks for the smooth running of the 'sobriety express'...It's an ongoing process. The grey matter sounds like it's going good guns .....keep vigilant!!!!

Hooray for you Kathy on the continued AF....drinking dreams are just the pigs underpants....I still have them, and have to check the old bod for a hangover just in case...HORRIBLE!!!!

Deety at the zoo.......have a banana and a bale of hay and it will all be better!!!
            Morning to Rust and Hannah...licky love everybody.....
            xx

Comment

Thursday - Oct. 25

Licky love to you, too, our beloved gourd!
              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
              X