Oct. 31 - Wed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oct. 31 - Wed.

Happy Halloween: We've got loads of kids in our neighborhood, not to mention our g-kids coming around. It'll be fun later on. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Oct. 31 - Wed.

I'm actually going to a friend's house to hand out Halloween candy. Being all alone here doesn't sound like fun to me, unfortunately, and I sure don't need that extra candy lying around, either! There are so many houses in my neighborhood that I don't think that the kids will miss me much.

I was a bit depressed with my shoulder last week, but it does seem to be really getting better, so I'm bouncing back and feeling more cheerful and optimistic. Sobriety continues to go well at 4 1/2 months.

Have a good day Mary, and everyone else to come.

Hugs,:l

Kathy
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Oct. 31 - Wed.

Happy Halloween!

Our family adores this holiday. We visited Haunted Happenings in Salem, Mass. this past weekend. OK-for those who don't know-place back in 1692 there where innocent people were accused of being witches & hung. Big haunted place. Big tradition for us-we've gone 5 yrs in a row.

Anyway-this yr. with my pity party I decided to get Tarot cards & a book. They say you can concentrate & pick a card & use it as the card of the day. Mine today says:Trust in your own power. To sum up (from my book) distinguish between your own intentions & those of others. No one is forcing you to burn yourself out. You don't have to follow someone else's golden rule. Act with all your might. The ball is in your court.....
      How bizarre is that!?! Especially since I just had my pity party regarding my quiting my job!

Well, enough of me... ok one more...about to get ready for my son's kindergarten Halloween play this morning. Poor guy-he's catching a cold. It's funny because this yr he's a pirate (we got extra things for his costume from Salem's pirate museum) & hubby & I often quote Seinfeld "but I don't want to be a pirate"~which Nathan is now saying!

Happy Halloween everyone!
      :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Oct. 31 - Wed.

Kathy: I really look up to you for your 4.5 months. I'll be very happy to report that when the time comes for me.

I just got one of the small benefits of the AF lifestyle. I want to pre-empt this my saying that my husband is a great guy. Just like the rest of us, he has his human frailties. Today (for the second day in a row), he woke up in a crabby mood. I can overlook one day of it, but two days seemed over-indulgent. All I did was mention it to him: "Gee, this is the second day in a row you've seemed out of sorts." He (being the nice person that he is) did a complete 180 & readjusted his attitude. In fact, he suggested we go out for lunch as a little treat.

If I had been drinking, I would have done one of 2 things:
        -say nothing & just put up w/it (I'd feel too guilty & ashamed to assert myself).
        -pick a fight (I'd lack the control to be completely rational).

I'm happy to say that I don't have to do that any more. These are the small things that make a sober life so different. Love, Mary
        October 3, 2012

Comment

Oct. 31 - Wed.

Breez: I must have been posting when you were. Just wanted to say Hi. Mary
          October 3, 2012

Comment

Oct. 31 - Wed.

Halloween

This is my absolute favorite day of the year. It is fun...but does not cause all the stress that other holidays do.

I just wanted to stop in and report that I have had several AF days and several non-AF days. The mixture of both have been valuable. My non-AF days were nothing much to report...a few drinks...going to bed and not having a hangover. I used to just dream for that. Last night though it really hit me...I really do not enjoy the taste and the buzz is never quite up to par with what I envision it will be. What is the point? It just isn't what it used to be or what my head tells me that it could be.

Quite frankly I am getting 100x more enjoyment out of this mini-Butterfinger I am eating.

I am hoping to go at least until the end of November AF....from there I think it will finally sink in how much better AF is. Prior AF stints I still was longing and felt like I was missing something. That I was flawed and because of that I could not enjoy this great thing called alcohol that everyone else could.

I also see a psyh. doc tomorrow to address some of my anxiety issues. I work full time, have two small kids, one with a chronic health condition....and he is in first grade....and the amount of homework is overwhelming not only for him, but for us as well. My husband comes from a loud family (mine very quiet)....and the house is on a level 10 most of the time. And I work for The Wicked Witch. I need to make some lifestyle changes...easier said than done. But the anxiety is so painful at times that I turn to drink just to get some relief.

I will check in more often...I need the support.

Anyways.....Happy Halloween....And congrats Lisa on ONE YEAR! It has been inspiring to read your posts over the last year.

Comment

Oct. 31 - Wed.

wicked Wednesday you creepy ABers!!

karma your butterfinger line just cracked me up LOL!!!!! perfect.
              feeling much better here...think I'm mostly over this cold.
              I totally forgot today was holloween so I better get a bowl of garlic ready for the kids.
              that'll be the last time they come here
              be well goul-friends!
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
              X