For DoggyGirl and all...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For DoggyGirl and all...

DG!!!! You're back!! I am so proud of you for coming back and I love you so much for sharing all you have shared over the past few days. I didn't see it until this morning. Well, here is a bit of my latest story...

I left for my retreat the end of September with almost 30 days under my belt (I think I gave in at 24), but the Beast got me. I guess with the fire, hurting myself, having to move, etc..it was too much. I wasn't prepared. I know now I have to diffuse those situations and actually talk about them one at a time so it doesn't pile up into one big pile of POO.. Cuz Big piles of POO are just too hard to pick up. So, I have decided that I will just pick up the little ones one, by one, each day, just that day, and then it won't pile up on me again. (that means meditation for me each morning - and a new practice called feeding the demons)

Since my return from vacation on October 3rd, I had been trying to MOD, I thought successfully, and in all appearances, I was. No more than 3 glasses of wine in the evening on any given day. Anyway, it looked good on paper, but in my heart of hearts I know it was taking EVERYTHING in my willpower (drainingly so) to keep to that. It was also starting to consume my thoughts during the day (can't wait to get home and have a glass of wine). Too scary... Nevertheless up until Sunday past, I wasn't sure where I wanted to be. Should I stay and try to find the support in MODS, or should I go AF and just let it go. No matter how hard I tried, it still felt like it had a "hold" on me, and that didn't feel good.

So, back to AF I go. I was on day 4 last night and blew it. My husband is leaving for a while to go back east to a family funeral/reunion and opened a bottle of wine so we could sit and chat.. My mistake was I hadn't told him I was not drinking again, so it was too easy for me to say, sure.. The little one was in bed and we hadn't had time to even say hi to each other this week, so it was nice. I DO know that we also can do this when I don't have wine - he is not a big drinker, so if he knew I wasn't drinking he would have made a pot of coffee.. BIG LESSON - I have to tell him I am not drinking again TODAY so I don't have that "out". He is very supportive (however, he has admitted he wishes I could drink normally, but it does worry him when I drink - could I slip back to my old ways?). So, I just have to tell him I am not comfortable with it again and he will be there - I feel very lucky for having him in my life.

SO, DG.. November first sounds like a good day to me - how about you!!! I will start again. Feeling much more confident today than I did last Sunday. I have to think.. maybe I subconsciously didn't tell my husband for a reason ? I know it was not intentional, but I have to fess up to that thought.. No more of that! I have a support team (at home and here) and I need to use it!

I am going to light up my little stars in my signature as I hit my first goal of 30 days AF. This time I really mean it - I want to do this - I have to do this!!

So glad you are back - you are a big inspiration to me. It's not about how many times we fall.. it's about how many times we get up.. and they do get easier and easier. :h

Namaste,

MM
    Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

For DoggyGirl and all...

Hi MM! I'm so sorry to hear that you took a fall as well (or ...sounds more like a planned try at MODS). But here we are and while I was sitting on the fence a couple of hours ago, I have decided to make this an AF day. Nov. 1 is as good a day as any. And we will never get the worst of this addiction behind us if we never start. So....I'm with ya baby!

I know what you mean about little things that we enable ourselves with - like you not telling your husband, which gave you an out. Now that I have decided to make this Day 1, I need to tell Mr. Doggy too. Those are things that just make it a little harder to choose to drink when the thoughs come rolling along.

Are you all settled into your new place now? Is your community cleaned up and back to normal since the fires?

It's good to be back. Thank you to everyone who reached out to me when I went AWOL and since posting yesterday. You all are the BEST. You are all a very good thing in the PLUS column for sobriety.

DG
    Day 1
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

For DoggyGirl and all...

Right on, DG!

My husband is gone for 5 days, and my sweet little one is going with her Dad on a short vacation to visit family, so I have 4 nights and 5 days to myself. That may have also been a little beast in the back of my mind... "hmm can drink on those nights".. HOWEVER, my better self got a hold of me this morning and said.. "this is also a time you can spend more time with MYO to get past the dreaded day 4!!" Good timing, I think.. nothing happens by chance - but we must be awake enough to see it..

MM
      Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

For DoggyGirl and all...

Just a hello to you ladies to say:

YOU CAN DO THIS THING!!!!

Here's to your day 1's....MM, I suspect today? and DG when you're good and ready...(but if it's today, well you and MM can step together....!

Wishing you every success now!

Love and hugs
        FMS xxx

PS Um, DG, well, I suspect if I put my glasses on so I could see my feet I would be somewhat embarrassed!! Don't think they're up for scrutiny! So, having found them I'd better do something about it!!

PPS Why I've got a thumbs down up there?!? Howd I do that then? Not a thumbs down situation or feelnig at all! Ignore!
        :heart: c: :heart:
        "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

For DoggyGirl and all...

CALLING MM!! CALLING MM!! Just hoping you made it through the evening OK AF. WE CAN DO THIS!!!! I wanna see you light up your stars. That sounds like a good idea.

HOLY SNACK CRICKETS!! Gotta go update the drink tracker.

DG
          Day 2 AF
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

For DoggyGirl and all...

I'm here, sister!! LOVE the new signature - made me laugh (till it hurt - literally)!

Day 2

Comment

Working...
            X