Sat. Nov. 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sat. Nov. 3

Hi Everyone: Yesterday, I had such a busy day, I couldn't get to the computer. I wanted to start this daily thread today just to let everyone know I'm doing fine. I hope the same for all of you. I'm going to try to have some down-time today. I find that's important for my peace of mind & therefore my sobriety. Love, Mary
    PS: I'll try to check in later.
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Sat. Nov. 3

Morning All-

We're having a Nor'easter storm. Heavy rains /strong winds. Typical for New England.

Have a great AF day!
    :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Sat. Nov. 3

I'm in NE as well...the western part of MA. We haven't gotten it yet. If we do, I've got plenty of pleasant indoor things to do AF. That's the important thing. Mary
      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
      October 3, 2012

Comment

Sat. Nov. 3

Happy Saturday ABeroonimos!

nice quiet sunny day here...yeah! it's been cold s this is nice.
        have a party tonight so will have to stay on my toes.
        painting the bedroom today so gotta get busy. paint fumes really bug me so I'll just have to take lots of breaks.
        I ate so much darn holloween candy the other night I got a horrible stomach ache...good grief...I think I have the self control of a 6 year old sometimes. arg!
        be well everyone!
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Sat. Nov. 3

Mornin' spotted dicks.....
          Sunday am for the melon

rest well Mary....stress and sobriety can be a VERY hard mix...you are wise to give yourself peace and calm...I shall be along shortly to plump up your pillows and take any orders for herbal tea.
          Breezy will be BREEZY today......you may as well tuck yourself up with Mary then......I shall of course expect extra though if I am needed to wait on the pair of you hand and foot.....magazine anyone?????
          Deetyboy you big pig....fasting today please to clear the guts out....I have just read something from Raoul in which you do something involving sucking molasses through a straw as a cleanser.....get the tin open boy..
          I shall join you in the painting...I am supposed to be finishing off my living/dining/kitchen area today, and Buddah has had the decency to provide spring showers and a cloudy sky so I don't feel like jacking it all in and going to the beach instead (which was the agenda yesterday!!! Naughty weeprocrastinatinghead)......very odd listening to you all describing storms and chills as we are dancing into springysummer......

Have a great day all.....I saw my little minimelon for the whole day yesterday which makes up for ANYTHING shit that happens around me...she really is the light of my life...wot a lucky gourdymummy I am...happy days!!!!!!!!! xxxxxx

Comment

Sat. Nov. 3

Just checking in

All is well. I am starting to do the work that I needed to do on my last two long term abs stints. In those stints all I did was focus on being sober...in AA they said that was to be my number one. While I agree to some degree...I would go along great and then feel "what the heck now". I just read a great book called "The Alcoholism and Addiction Cure". While I don't think that most in the book will cure me....the mindset they protray has been key. Then in a seminar I was lead onto the "Success Principles"...get past chapter 2 and it gets much better. And I re-picked up "Coach Yourself to Success". From my past experience once the pink cloud of being sober passes you need something else to strive for. These books are giving me great direction...so I have been getting into them and doing the "work" that I should have done before if I wanted long term af.

The doc appt. was dissappointing to say the least. I just have never had any "relevations" or good success with them. He called me an "educated" patient. Great....until I was almost teaching him things and he was taking notes to look up stuff that I knew that he had never heard of. I understand that the internet has made us much wiser...but for God sakes....can't he even freaking google to keep up in his field! At one point he called my hubby a bastard for being a stay at home dad! Yes, that was the word he used!

I mean no disrespect you "Young At Heart"....I am sure you know your stuff an are much better than the ones I have run into. Its just that based on my insurance I can't keep throwing out $100 a crack at a max of 20 visits to finally find a good one. And this one was reccomended.

Anyways, I am a bit busy with some of the stuff they suggest in the books. My favorite is cleaning up all the annoyances you have....like the light bulb you have failed to change for 6 months...getting just this little crap done has felt so freeing and gives me more energy. It is amazing how a few undone minor tasks can weigh you down in terms of energy. Just get it done and be done with it.

Comment

Sat. Nov. 3

Hey Karma,

I really like the sound of the books you mention. Could you post more info on them? Tell us about any nuggets of wisdom you found helpful and publisher details etc.

Thanks,

Raoul

Comment

Sat. Nov. 3

Hey Karma,

I was never taking anything you said personally, but I guess I feel a little defensive about the shrinks I know that are really good people and open to learning more and don't consider themselves M.Deities and wiser than their patients. And also, I'm not a psychiatrist, and I have plenty of failures with the people I work with as well. I'm sorry that he called your hubby a bastard. I don't think that was right, not knowing you very well at all.

I'm glad that you have taken some steps to read these books. They sound helpful. All that I know is the feng shui around this house stinks, and it affects me. I'd better start doing something about it, for sure! Thanks.

Hugs to all, :l and an extra for Karma,:l

Kathy
                AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
                X