THE INN FOR 30 HOUSE RULES AND SUNDAY SHOUT OUT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Sunday Morning from the INN for 30.

It is our tradition here to post the House Rules on Sunday and also to Shout Out our days of abstinance.

First the house rules:

Hello guests and welcome to the Inn for 30

The Inn for 30 is a gathering place for those who wish to remain AF (alcohol free) for 30 consecutive days.

Please come in and get comfortable, we have many rooms and encourage you to choose one that suits your tastes.

We do ask that all guests observe the house rules which are as follows:

1) All guests will respect, support and encourage each other during their stay.

2) While all guests are encouraged to enjoy the rumpus room, the padded walls are not meant to encourage head banging. If you are feeling really crazy or really craving, come here and talk to someone!!

3) Unfortunately, we have an unwanted inhabitant who occasionally slips up on unsuspecting guests. His name is Al-(coholic) . If Al does happen to ?get you? (you have a slip) you will not be asked to leave. However, you will be sent to the Wreck Room a place where I?m sure you will not want to linger.

4) We have a fully equipped exercise room, but because your current proprietor is a lazy slug, I suggest that you get you read the booklets scattered about the room or ask someone who knows about that kind of stuff. The only ?exercise? we require of our guests is that you keep track of your AF days, any way you want to from * to
    5) Our nutritionist/cook is currently on leave for a gastric bypass so it?s pretty much up to you to get your own meals. However, we will have Sunday dinner together for our Sunday Shout Out where the rules will be reviewed for the newcomers and AF days will be posted.

6) Have Fun, Don?t Drink, No running or Diving around the Pool!!

Ok Next is the where the INN-mates. Shout out their days of abstinance loud and proud

Everyone Have a Great Sunday!!
    Attached files [img]/converted_files/13713=3698-attachment.gif[/img]

Good NOvember morning all you early birds! Just a quick checkin before I go put up Mary's 30day celebration.

Hannah/Deb- I guess I was dating myself a little with the Jane Fonda reference. I guess that shows you how long its been since I've been into exercise!!

Max- I am so sorry they cancelled your run, I know how pumped you were for it. I truly hope it was just postponed.

DG-Already I can see your sparkle coming back, the wicked doggie is returning, yeah!!

Cindi- This is one of those issues Hannah and I will have to work on together. For our guests with insomnia we will install a special phone line so that you can either call the sleep fairy or a sleep coach that I'm sure Hannah will be able to hire without difficulty to ease you into sweet dreams, or something.

Oh, one more thing before I'm off. Mary started a tread yesterday called My Changes. I would highly recommend that everyone read it, print it out, place it where you can see it every day, memorize it. Hannah and Weemellonhead both also made great contributions. This is the kind of stuff that makes Mary so dear to me.

Love and Peace
    Rob Attached files [img]/converted_files/360401=2234-attachment.gif[/img]

Comment

Good morning, my dear Inn-Mates!

Happy Sunday!

I am up too early as I forgot to set my clock bak last night..

I am off to have a cup of tea and rest again. Still not up to par.. Me thinks me tried to do too much yesterday. Maybe we should send a MALE nurse up to my room today to keep me in line..

I'll check back in later..

DAY 4 TODAY!

Namaste,

MM
      Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Mornin' Inn Dwellers - Today is.......... Day 10 !!!!!! :happy: Love you guys!!

Comment

Hey INNmates Big news and big excitement at the Inn

First of all
          YAHOOOO!! DoubleDidgets Wonder!!

Secondly- In honor of our Mary we're having an Irish feast-sans Baileys.

Thirdly - Looks like the seminar is a go! Still working out kinks but will definately be like totally awsome!!!!

Fourthly- If the exclaimation point on my keyboard ever dies you guys will think that I'm suffering a major depression.:H

Love and Peace
          Rob

Comment

I am LOUDLY AND PROUDLY joining MM on DAY 4!!!! WHEE!!!!

Congratulations to all on your progress!

DG
            ODAT
            Day 4 AF after the fall
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

DAY 16 FOR ME FOLKS!!!! Wll check bck with everyone later as I'm out the door....

Baby

Comment

Good heavens, I am not sure what "day" it is for me.

I started over in Nov, even though I had been AF for a week or so before..

October only had two black stars.

So, I am shouting out 3 days!! and happy to do it because in my case it is TRULY one day at a time.

Thanks for the help with the insomnia, Hannah. Whew, some relief with friends. How awesome is that.

Yes, I agree about Mary's "Changes" thread. Very inspiring. I always look for Mary's postings, she has so much introspection that hits home to offer.

Hope all have a wonderful Sunday at the Inn. I sure plan to. White chicken chili, fried green 'maters and cinnamon rolls for dessert. Whew!! Will be stuffed to the gills tonight!

Love to all,
                Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hi guys - Sorry, I seem to have screwed up again - -but surely you must be used to that by now! I totally forgot about the Sunday Rules and Shout Out - and started the regular thread at about 2:00 in the morning when I, as usual, couldn?t sleep. So we have two threads going - I?m gonna post this on both, sorry about the confusion.

But what the hey - twice the fun! Please do post on both, it?s a lazy Sunday, after all!

If you have read this on the other thread, just skip this, ok?

Max, so sorry your run got cancelled/postponed. Hoping for a bright, clear day for the next time.

How?s everybody doing this morning?

Cindi, & Rob, we definitely will have to work on some kind of sleep therapy for the people at the Inn. Seems none of us are getting any sleep. Cindi, what kind of dog is Poulan?

Still feeling a little rough? Hope another day brings more healing, take it easy, ok?

Rob, we aren?t getting old, we?re getting better. And seems we are all pretty much of the same decade here, so what the hey - Jane Fonda is ok too.

Wonder - at the idea of waxing, dipping, and tiarra - ing Richard Simmons! Only problem, he would probably LIKE that!

Hey Doggy! MM! You made it! Yahoo! - I knew you would!! Awesome!

Doggy - you remember correctly, not a fan of moving/changing. But there would be enough ?good stuff? in it for me to go through all that again.
                  Would be living closer to Mom, Dad, and Wendy & kids. Haven?t had that for 25 years, when we moved here. Would actually be able to pop over for coffee whenever I wanted! Also, would be quitting my job. I have been flirting with that idea for several years now - my little post office has grown over the years from 440 post boxes to about 700 - and no extra help for me to do all the work. It?s basically a one girl show, and this ?girl? ain?t no spring chicken anymore. With everybody Ebay ing, I have had everything from tractor tires to day old chicks. I think this may part of the reason why I am so stiff in the morning - the body just can?t take it anymore. But - I?m not setting too much store on this move until I see the moving van pulling into the drive - don?t want to set myself up for disappointment. Do wish I could just pick up our condo and plop in on an empty lot there, love my condo - but I?m sure I could fall in love with something else again, I have every time we?ve ever made a move.

I also forgot to set my clocks back last night - so hey, am up early, maybe I WILL sleep tonight! Today I am going to go out in the yard and pick up the various lawn ornaments, and some slate slabs that we piled in a corner, because if we move I don?t want to buy that stuff over again. When I put the dog out, the ground had a slight skiff of snow on it - NOOOO!!!! - so will get at that fairly quickly. Will be in and out today, though, not going too far. Talk to ya?ll later!
                  The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Just a hello from me...............a tired one too!!! What's with all this not sleeping stuff? More bendryl tonight again I guess....anything (but that!) to keep the sleep up though. Hopeless without it!

Tractor tyres to day old chicks....? Time to retire Hannah/Deb!!!!! Larfed at the image!! Those chicks do bu**er up the old back don't they!! LOL!

Back later....going to get me some more lovely music tonight for the All Soul's Day Reqiuem ...(Faure's) in our cathedral..... (and SOD what looks I 'get'....!)

Love Mrs. PST (Paranoid-Self-Today!!) xx
                    :heart: c: :heart:
                    "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

OK... Not A/F yet... but so so so much better. Even I'm impressed. I've been working on this for 3 weeks. So instead of a bottle or two a day... I'm down to a glass or two or none. I'm gathering up to time frames now. It's important to me to not just not drink... but to also not drink because of certain issues. More of a cognitive idea along with it. I will not respond to some ones behavior by drowning myself in alcohol. Anyway. I am having greater clarity in my life and certain epiphanies that are healing. The light at the end of the tunnel, for today, is not the train wreck of alcohol waiting to happen, but rather my way out.
                      Sunny Out Looks are Contagious!

Comment

Hallo Lovelies

Well, my little shout out is 23 days....... I do feel that I've cheated, though, because being poorly for the last two weeks has meant that AL has hardly sweet-nothinged me at all! Not that I can recommend kidney infections....but it sure has kept me off the sauce :H

It's great that the energy at the Inn is so positive.....everyone is doing well, and bouncing back from any little slips.....the Inn is so welcoming, it's spurring us all on to be the best we can. Thanks to Rob and Hannah for holding it all together.:h

Hope your feeling better MM...Fab for your 4 days, and you too Doggy....WTG both of you.

FMS...I'm so jealous of you hearing the Faure....I love it.....would that be Truro cathedral? Surely not the one at Ipplepen..... (oh, sorry, that's Devon *snigger*)

Capt....you're doing really well....keep going......if you can get to a period of AF I'm sure you will find it strangely 'restful'....no more agonising about how much to drink, when to drink, when to stop etc.

Babygirl and Wonder......soul sisters :h

I'll be in the lobby for a while later this evening with a huge bag of new sticks.....anyone is welcome to have one - they're excellent for jabbing Al when he attacks.....

Suze x
                        Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

Hey all,

Sorry I have been hibernating a bit. I am back on the abs train and mentally and emotionally exhausted. A quiet stay @ The Inn will be good for me.

I have to say a big huge thanks to rob and all others for keeping up this thread. I know it is time consuming and takes a lot of work. I really appreciate The Inn being here.

My best to all-

xo

Comment

Hello all my sleepless friends....

Here is my recommendation.. I take 2-3 Calmes Forte about 2 hours before bedtime. They calm your senses and start winding you down. Then a cup of Valerian Root tea (I use two tea bags) about 30 min. before bed, and 5mg of Melatonin. This is the natural route, and one I use when I am in a no-sleep pattern. When I start getting back to a normal sleep pattern, I just take the Melatonin 30 min. before bed.

It is REALLY important for us to sleep when we are starting to go AF, even for months. We are used to having alcohol ease us (or knock) to sleep. We also must have enough sleep to heal (especially our brains).

Hope this helps..

MM
                            Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Hannah, I believe it was you who I recall recommending Valerian Root when I was oh so sleepless during round 1 of my AF. (and MM, I should look into the tea version!!) Melatonin alone (at least the brand I was taking) was not cutting it - not even a little bit.

I have been taking Valerian root each night of AF after the fall. The first night I took it too early. I had gone to bed early with the intent of watching a movie, but OK if I fall asleep. Well, the VR put me to sleep alright, but I was wide awake again by 1:30AM. The last two nights I put the VR by the night stand. Though I dozed off watching boob tube, I still wake up around midnight or so. THEN I take the VR. That has helped me go back to sleep, and sleep until around 5 - 6AM. YEAH!!!

MM - in your opinion does the tea work as good as or same as the pills? Just the fact that it's hot tea sounds soothing.

Oh - and if you guys decide to wax and tiff up Richard including glitter tiara, could we please get him a pair of ice skates? Too bad we didn't do that before Skate Canada as he would have lent a certain flair to the Men's competition that was sadly lacking at this event!

Oh - I HAVE to go in search of THE most :egad: man costume I saw. It was in the Pairs division. I will link it as soon as I can find a picture that...um...clearly demonstrates the nature of this particular man pant wedgie.

Many thanks to Hannah and Rob for The Inn!!! This is an AWESOME hangout.

OH - MM, I love what you did with your stars in your siggy where you light a new one up every day. So I'm going to blatantly and openly and shamelessly steal your idea.

DG
                              ODAT
                              Day 4 AF
                              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                              X