Nov. 5 - Mon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nov. 5 - Mon.

Hi Everyone: It's a beautiful day here in New England, & sobriety gives me an appreciation I would not otherwise have. I can't count the number of Mondays I've experienced that were awful hangovers from a drinking Sunday. I take my g-son to story hour on Mon. mornings & remember many Monday mornings not being able to look the teacher in the eye. Now, I can be much more friendly, because I'm not nursing a hangover & residual shame from the day before. I'll be able to start this thread tomorrow, but we are going to Ireland on Wed. I'll try to do it before I go.

Everyone: take good care of your abs or mod (whichever is your particular goal). Our goals are our keys to enjoying life. Love, Mary

PS: Many thanks for all the kudos for reaching my 30 days. I'm now on my second & that feels great. My real aim is forever, but my immediate goal is 90 days. I still work on my program ODAT.
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Nov. 5 - Mon.

Hi Mary! Your story time with your g-son sounds wonderful. Are you all packed? How long will you be staying in Ireland and what places will you be visiting? (I know I asked that somewhere else, and you probably answered, and if so I missed it....please accept my apologies!)

Hello to all other AFers on this fine Monday. I'm smiling today and happy to be back to AF, in spite of the rough spots. MWO is awesome. Thanks again to everyone who helped me get through Bloody Saturday.

DG
    Day 5 AF after the fall
    ODAT
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Nov. 5 - Mon.

Hi Mary, Doggy and all to come

It is great to start the week with a clear head. We have all wasted so much time feeling hungover, no wonder we kept asking ourselves the day after the night before, why oh why did I do it. The answer is simple but not easy just dont do it, the benefits of having a clear head far outweigh the benefits of having that first drink/bottle. Have to keep remembering that.

Have a great AF Monday everyone.

Rustop

Comment

Nov. 5 - Mon.

Good morning to all,
        Wow Mary, I hope you really enjoy Ireland. That is one place I have always wanted to visit. I hope someday to go there...it looks so beautiful. It's a pretty nice day here, sunny and I think it's supposed to be up near 60 so despite my pain I will arm myslf with my herbal muscle relaxants and balms and braces and go walk for as long as i can handle it. It helps to clear my mind to get out and get some sunshine and enjoy the beautiful fall leaves and see the sunlight sparkle on the river. No more wasted days sleeping away the sickness caused from the previous nights drinking...only to start all over again in the vicious cycle of numbing myself to the world around me.

I can't believe you guys talking about each other sleeping in at 6:30 am are you joking? Here I thought I was getting up early nowadays at 8:00:H . I've never been an early bird...more of a night owl...although I can say that I am beginning to enjoy the morning quiet and having my coffee out on the balcony, doing some reading and collecting my thoughts before the world really starts to get stirring.

My neighbor downstairs(heavy daily drinker) decided to have a party of sorts last night as she does off and on. At 4:00 am the music was blasting and they were carrying on and woke me up out of a sound sleep. I was really tempted to call and complain as this happens pretty frequently. Earlier in the evening she gave me a container of stew she had made and half sleeping I was thinking to myself that she was probably doing that to insure herself that I wouldn't call the cops on her later??? I know far fetched right...well I was half asleep....but I was really P.O.'D with her. There isn't supposed to be noise after 10 pm or before 8 am.

Guess I rambled on enough for one morning. Love your angels and dudes!!! See you all later. Day 61 here AL has no hold on me!!:h

Comment

Nov. 5 - Mon.

heya cats n kitties.... bad weekend...arg. modding went sideways on me to make a long story short so I'm back in the safe AF place to clear my aching head. AF last night which is good, probably have a few night of rough sleep then be back in good shape.
          be well and thanks a ton for the great support,

D
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Nov. 5 - Mon.

Hi Mary, DG, rustop, indigosky, Det and all to come.

So happy for your success, Mary.......enjoy your trip to Ireland.

Congrats for being on Day 5 DG........feels great, doesn`t it?

Indigo........congrats again on your fantastic achievement. Yip, I think the neighbour`s stew was to sweeten you up to turn a deaf ear to her celebrations!! lol

Det, hope you feel better soon.

Nothing much going on here, except to say that I really am beginning to feel better and brighter.

Have a fab day, my friends.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Nov. 5 - Mon.

Indigo, perhaps if you brought your neighbour a set of earplugs as a gift she may take the hint? hahaha
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Nov. 5 - Mon.

DG: We're hitting all the tourist sites: ring of Kerry, Waterford, Dublin, Tralee, Blarney Stone, etc. This is a tour of retired teachers...I'll be the one w/a "Hi, My Name is Mary" tag on. I'm looking forward to it, but I know I'll miss my g-sons & puppy. Mary
                Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
                X