Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday 6 November

Good morning,
    Day 11 for me! Am confused & seeking advice - had a light beer slip yesterday but stopped at one. While I know it is nothing to wring my hands over (more of a teeter than a slip) I still feel angry that I crave so badly as my aim is to be completely AF.
    I contemplated moving to the Mods board, not wanting to let anyone here down, however worry that I would be tempted to slide further. If I even think about buying a bottle of wine I will fail for sure. Hannah, you are right, i could get lost out there on my own!
    So hope you don't mind me hanging in here and continuing the struggle. You guys are keeping me in the zone :hug: :H Almost!!
    I have a major sugar thing going on and am off to investigate the boards where people discuss diet etc looking for clues (My most successful AF time ever was on the Atkins diet years ago).
    Tomorrow I am back at work and will find it easier. It's hard being at home in the afternoon I guess. On a working day 6-8pm is danger time, at home 12-7.. much longer to hold out!
    Hope you are all as positive as ever!! Im cheering you on and joining you as best I can. :yougo:
    Love :bigwink:
    Suze

Tuesday 6 November

Hang in there Fickle. Don't let The Beast tell you because you had 1 you may as well have another. Refuse to drink today and everyday after this. Just do it one day at a time and you'll be back on track!

Comment

Tuesday 6 November

Fickle: If you're goal is AF stay right here. Put the slip behind you & read some of the threads that have some good strategies. There are some on affirmations & mantras you can say to yourself. Keep working at it. Don't let that one slip launch you into something you know isn't right for you. Mary
      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
      October 3, 2012

Comment

Tuesday 6 November

Hi Fickle- yes.pease stay here and continue with being af. Especially since you are pretty sure where mods will land you. It is a minor slip - and we are working on this problem we are not perfect. Don't drink today. Are you going for 30 days?

Lisa

Comment

Tuesday 6 November

Fickle, please don't go anywhere just because you made a mistake. I made the mistake of thinking I could have one drink on September 8. That was my 60 Day AF anniversary. I SHOULD have come here immediately. I didn't - I had a couple more drinks. The next day I had a horrid hangover. Still, I was embarassed and didn't come back here. I wasn't sure how to fess up and start over. It took me about 7 weeks and going RIGHT back to the extreme levels of drinking I was at before in order to wise up.

So see how smart you are??? WAY smarter than I was. We just gotta keep after it until we get this right. If it was easy, there would be no need for MWO or AA or or or.

DG
          ODAT
          Day 5 after the fall
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Tuesday 6 November

Tuesday Afternoon here

Thanks for your support & letting me stick around guys,

Yes Lisa, I am going for 30 days plus.. my dream is to actually make it AF through Christmas!! :lilangel: Although that is a tough call.

I seem to go well when at home alone, or at work.. or at home with my eldest, but... at home alone with my two youngest drives me bananas!! I get so emotional about being on my own (single parent panic/paranoia + the roof is leaking etc.. - can I cope ) which can lead me to drink to 'calm down'.. which can lead kids to attention seeking insane behaviour like their throwing stuff around and making messes and breaking things! Don't get me wrong, they are not uncontrollable and quite well behaved normally. I think it's just having no 'adult company' is a tough one. I find it hard to get through the day without dwelling on various problems, and if I lose it they know it and do crazy stuff... House is like a wasteland. Not to worry, back to work, school & normality tomorrow! Made curtains all day yesterday and will make some more today.. so it's not all bad.

It's all in my head and as Chief & others said above I must take one-day-at-a-time. Xmas is a loooong way off. Methods I've used to get through the cravings besides some supps are: eating icecream & maple syrup, eating icecream & maple syrup again, gardening (when it is light), taking sedative & going to bed (only possible if I can get wee people to bed first). Have been reading boards and will try this method today: taking capsule of L-glut & empty under tongue. When I have cash will buy kudzu.

Meantime, thanks all for the strength you all generate and I promise though I may teeter a wee bit I WILL NOT TOPPLE!! 1 light beer is way better than 2 litres of wine - last count on day before this attempt at AF. Of this I am proud :yougo: (the light beer, not the wine uch: ).

Much love & gratitude to all,
            Suze

Comment

Tuesday 6 November

right on Suze! my mantra today is:

I AM NOT POWERLESS OVER ALCOHOLI AM NOT POWERLESS OVER ALCOHOLI AM NOT POWERLESS OVER ALCOHOLI AM NOT POWERLESS OVER ALCOHOLI AM NOT POWERLESS OVER ALCOHOLI AM NOT POWERLESS OVER ALCOHOLI AM NOT POWERLESS OVER ALCOHOLI AM NOT POWERLESS OVER ALCOHOLI AM NOT POWERLESS OVER ALCOHOLI AM NOT POWERLESS OVER ALCOHOLI AM NOT POWERLESS OVER ALCOHOLI AM NOT POWERLESS OVER ALCOHOLI AM NOT POWERLESS OVER ALCOHOLI AM NOT POWERLESS OVER ALCOHOLI AM NOT POWERLESS OVER ALCOHOLI AM NOT POWERLESS OVER ALCOHOLI AM NOT POWERLESS OVER ALCOHOLI AM NOT POWERLESS OVER ALCOHOLI AM NOT POWERLESS OVER ALCOHOLI AM NOT POWERLESS OVER ALCOHOLI AM NOT POWERLESS OVER ALCOHOLI AM NOT POWERLESS OVER ALCOHOLI AM NOT POWERLESS OVER ALCOHOL
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Tuesday 6 November

Hi Fickle
                Y
                ou are right to come right back here. I did the same as Doggy last year and stayed away for nearly a year and just kept right on drinking. Regarding the sugar thing, I am reading a book at the moment 'Natural alternatives to Dieting' and have just read that fluctuating blood sugar levels can lead to you feeling the 'need' for an alcoholic drink on most days. I just started the book but if I find out anything interesting will let you know. I have a real sweet tooth and the wine did not help. I am using AF beer at week-ends and its not bad.

Rustop

Comment

Tuesday 6 November

Hi 30 Dayers: I'm getting ready to go to Ireland. I know it'll be fun but tiring. I looked at the itinerary & there's a lot on it. Since I'm a real homebody, I'll miss my home, g-sons, puppy etc., but I know it'll be a trip to remember. I'll also miss MWO but will look forward to putting 9 zeros into DrinkTracker when I get back. I know I'll do that. For everyone who is teetering: stay strong. The rewards of sobriety are incredibly great. I could never, ever have done this wo/MWO. Thank you everyone. Mary
                  Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                  October 3, 2012

Comment

Tuesday 6 November

Safe travels Darling Mary

Comment

Tuesday 6 November

yes, safe travels Mary! Lucky thing you!!
                      Thanks to everyone for making me feel so welcome..
                      Rustop, I will be very interested to hear what you find out!
                      Let me know who the book is by and i'll look it up.
                      Unfortunately there is no such thing as AF beer here.. just very low dosage.
                      My doc says my liver is fine, but my blood sugar has got her worried.. so i'm taking this seriously.

Because of the time lapse here I will leap over onto the next thread and check out how everyone else is going.. hope it doesn't annoy anyone that i'm the first up on my side of the world and one day ahead of you all!

Love

Comment

Working...
                      X