THE INN FOR 30 HOUSE RULES AND SUNDAY SHOUT OUT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost Day 2 !! Does that count? Can I come to the Inn my first time doing AF?

Thanks to the experienced AF folk like Neil for sharing wisdom. I had just been wondering on my DAY 2 what to expect in the next few days/weeks. I was thinking, "I'll just do this - just stopped yesterday, that's all"....then I read someone's post about having a party for her AF friends and how getting ready brought on a craving. Then she/he went on to mention planning a party for MODs friends and how he/she would have to plan accordingly to stay AF..........when it HIT! "OMGosh!, how will I handle gatherings?" People often gather at my house at the holidays and there IS ALWAYS wine - what will I do?

So, that was a reality check of sorts - a JOLT, actaully. I guess it IS going to be challenging. I mean I knew it would be a personal challenge to not drink wine on my own as a way to deal with my 'stuff', but I forgot about the 'gatherings' - maybe like Neil I will just stay away. But isolation is not a good ally for me - its usually a trigger. Well, better it comes to mind now, than when the bottles of awesome fine wine are lined up on my counter and the conversation is all about that.........

Don't mean to ramble here - MY POINT is to say, "keep the WISDOM coming" - its much needed and appreciated. I don't even know what to expect during the first few days without "Everyday Wine"!

Oh. MedMom - Where are you posting for the 'diet' - weight loss? Did you start a thread somewhere - I LOVE to join you - I too like the veggie-protein way.

Thanks, Go2Goal
    "Go Placidly Amid the Noise and Haste"

Comment

Hi Go2Goal!

I am gong to check in here daily, as I do each morning. I will post some ideas on eating for the day and post what exercise I did for the morning. Then on SUnday I will post any weight loss. My goal is 18 pounds... no time frame really, just as long as it is gone by next week! Just kidding! ANyway, that is my plan. I am screaming busy, si I will do my best to do this each day. Glad you will join me!! It really helps the AF!

See you tomorrow..

I'm on day 11 tonight... YEah!

MM
      Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Ok - is there an easy way for me to flag this thread so I can find it again!!! that is my problem - I am learning how to navigate and can't always get back to where I want...or remeber where something was....
        "Go Placidly Amid the Noise and Haste"

Comment

Working...
        X