X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SEMINAR AT THE INN FOR 30

COME ONE, COME ALL
    THIS WEEK WE'RE HAVING A

FIVE DAYS OF TALKS, TIPS AND SOME CHATS WITH THE EXPERTS!!

XTEXAN IS OUR LEAD AND HAS PLACED A POWERFUL POST IN THE SUNDAY RULES AND SHOUT OUT!!

ENJOY EVERYBODY!!
    Attached files [img]/converted_files/13898=2437-attachment.jpg[/img]

OK, here's the line up for the Seminar at the INN

Sunday November 11th Xtexan -post

Monday November 12th About Time Too- post

Monday November 12th 7 PM CST Chat with Xtexan and ATT.

Tuesday November 13th Flip (possible chat)

Wed November 14th Stollies1 - post

Thursday November 15th Roberta Jewel - post

Thursday November 15th 8 PM CST Chat

Friday November 16th if I can con(vince) one more kind hearted soul who has voluntered to be on standby to contribute, we'll round out the week.

All of the times have been set for central standard time for continuity's sake. Three of our guests are in Australia and will be posting very early in the morning our time. So Max is you're around or if any of our insominacs are posting bright and early, please be sure to welcome our guests.

For the chats, you will go to Chat in a new window (pop-up), then select roam. You'll get a new window with a list of rooms I'll title the room seminar. The password will be INN. This way we won't be confusing people in general chats.

Comment

Rob,

GREAT IDEA. I'll see you at the seminar.

July

Comment

where is the inn??

Comment

cya there
          "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

I shall 'bump' for England here if I have to!!! because Xtexan's (Neil's) Seminar post over on Sunday Shout Out ("THE INN FOR 30 HOUSE RULES AND SUNDAY SHOUT OUT" ON 11th November) is so so good. Thank you, Neil.....

I wanted to quote a couple of things but then realised I wanted to quote it all so wont! But you found such great words to describe things for me, Neil. I so agree with you - the 5 tips for the festive season had me practicaly welling up! It's not about self-righteousness is it? It's a real wonder now as to why the need seems to be felt to pour this 'stuff' (I am not as eloquent as you!) into into the body to 'celebrate'?!?

I 'own' a great deal of my past to drinking....not good. I 'own' a great deal more of my past to my choice of accepting behaviours towards me that now (5.75months) I can see had more to do with the alcohol going down both our throats then much else. Boundaries were blurred, respect lowered, grandiosity increased - on both sides...... 2+2=3,789,637,241,789! They became more 'convincing' with a drink in them and I became more 'gullible' (if that is possible!) and many, many disasters followed. Now, 'they' just appear people to be either avoided at all costs or 'managed rather differently'! I can see what I liked about them but can't believe how I missed certain 'unreliable' characteristics in them! Well, I can; I had a drink to 'ignore the truth'.... my mistake! Now I see those traits and the mess I got into by ignoring them and am amazed! (Well, rather more seriously turnred off!)

So, yes, getting to know 'me' (finding my self...) and honouring my boundaries is a 'course' I've signed up to with a seriousness and commitment I don't think I have ever had before. I now know where not having that honesty can take me...and I don't want to go there again!

We are, indeed, 'finer creations' and glad we've congregated here!

I'm 'shouting in the lobby' here - thanks for letting me visit The Inn - I really hope lots of InnMates have a very different festive season this year....at the risk of sounding all arrogant and over confident (not), I just can't believe how different this year is going to be to last (as long as I....). I never, ever thought I would be 'here' this time last year....well, I suppose I didn't want to be. And I most certainly never thought it was possible 6 months ago! Or even 3 months ago.... But, categorically, the first 30 days is the real thing to get under the belt.... I hope Doggy is OK...her Booze Busters thread (of which The Inn is a new generation) helped me through those 30 days....Hannah, Satori, Rob....loads of others too...Every 30 days 'got' seems to make it more watertight.....but the first....well, That's The One!

I guess I'm 'shouting' cos it is the festive season coming up and I so hope that this being a real 30 days chance before it, I can be so bold as to say....

GO FOR IT!

JFDI!

BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!

It is sooooooooooooooooooooooooh worth it!

Thanks Rob for setting up the seminars....I'll sit at the back tomorrow, I promise!

Love to everyone
            FMS xx
            :heart: c: :heart:
            "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Working...
            X