Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seminar at the Inn - 12 November

Hey Brigid- Sorry our posts crossed. Actually, posting the seminars seperately is probably a better idea, thanks!!

There is so much in your post that we can all relate to, especially the use of alcohol to cover pain that we are too afraid to face. Like you said in the end we have to quit running away from the bad stuff and take personal responsibility for ourselves and our sobriety.

I think what really struck me most was how you learned to deal with people who had slipped. We as a group put so much energy into cheering each other on that when one of us slips it feels like a personal failure at times. It can also seem like a forboding of our own failure, but you have managed to turn it around. To acknowlege someone's slip and to use it to make yourself stronger is remarkable.

I think keeping it honest is going to prove to be one of the best holiday tips we've heard. Too often we lie to ourselves, thinking that we can mod over the holidays only to find ourselves right back where we started!

Brigid, Thank you again

Love and Peace
    Rob

Comment

TONIGHT'S CHAT

Don't forget tonight's chat with Xtexan and About Time Too!!

7PM CST

Instructions:

Go to New Chat
      Open New Window (pop up)
      Go to Roam
      Select Seminar
      Password INN

See ya there

Comment

Brigid I'd just like to say what a truly amazing and inspiring post.

Thank you so much for the time and effort you put into writing that. I have gained a heck of a lot from reading it.

Love and Happiness
        Hippie
        xx
        "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
        Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Brigid,

Thank you for your insight. The path you have followed these past two plus years is similar to what many here follow too. And, the sense of shared purpose is inspiriational.

Thank you.

July,

Day 109 AF

Comment

Thanks Bridgid - look forward to hearing more from you. Yes, I made it all the way through your post because I have a very similar outlook and appreciate your honesty.

Go2Goal
            Day 3 AF
            "Go Placidly Amid the Noise and Haste"

Comment

Me too, Brigid......that was a wonderful thing to read.....very inspiring.

Thank you for taking the time to type it out! :h

Suze x
              Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

Thank you, Brigid. That was wonderful. Very Inspiring, insightful and from the heart. Two years sobber, congratulations.

My very best,

MM
                Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Thank you Brigid - thank you.
                  :heart: c: :heart:
                  "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Great post, Brigid..

I met you the other night on chat and really enjoyed talking with you.

Your post hit home with me on a lot of counts. I, too, am really affected when people I care about here slip. It feels like a part of me has failed, and, like you say, I think in the back of my mind, " does that mean I could cave somewhere down the road?"... I guess the answer is yes, I could. This is such an individual battle for us all, yet also collective.

It's great to hear folks like you and Neil share their experiences. Thank You.

Hope to see you in chat..

Don

Comment

Working...
                    X