SUNDAY SHOUT OUT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUNDAY SHOUT OUT

Hi Guys - I'm not around here on Sundays - so early Monday shout out for me.

Don - Well done on triple digits my man! :goodjob:
    Feels good - doesn't it!

Went out with some old neighbours for a meal on Saturday evening, and then we all went back to our house afterwards for drinks as usual!

We used to share many a drunken evening with them in the past!

Despite that - it is day 124 for me.

I am still trying to figure out my weird occasionally strong cravings for wine - and I think I know what is going on!
    I only ever used to drink beer to excess (my poison of choice) - and wine only occasionally - along with meals etc.
    I think the "beast" is trying to say - "go on - wine was never a problem - it was beer that was the problem, a little wine won't hurt you!"

It knows my defenses against drinking beer are fairly solid - So.......
    Sneaky little blighter this addiction!!!!

Also - I just realised as I sit here typing this - I have a fridge full of beer right now, bought in for Saturday evening.

That is something that I could NEVER have ignored in the past - and I settled down yesterday evening with my tonic water and lime - I didn't even consider the beer as an option!

Progress indeed!

Take care out there!
    And watch out for that devious beastie!

Love

satori

xxx
    "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

SUNDAY SHOUT OUT

It is inspiring to see how many people here have done 100 days and more.

That makes me think perhaps I can make it to 100 days!

I've run in to a bit of a snag though. I am going to be getting my medication from a prescription assistence program and it is going to take2 months to get the meds to me so I will be AF without the medication for another 2,2 and 1/2 ,3 months.

I am already going to pay for the doctors appointment and test out of my own pocket so I don't think I could afford the meds too if I had to pay out of pocket.

I am still going to try 100 AF without the medication. I wanted to see if I could do it with just supps. I am still taking steps to get the Campral though as backup. ( though I wonder if I would even need it by then)

Bethany

Comment

SUNDAY SHOUT OUT

Bethany, For what it's worth, I didn't use any meds...

Don

Comment

SUNDAY SHOUT OUT

Don,

That does help, Thanks.

To look at the bright side this way atleast I get to see if I can do it with just the supps and no meds this way.

It really does help my confidence level to hear that you did it without meds. Having confidence is very important in this endevor so I really appreciate your response to my post.

Bethany

Comment

SUNDAY SHOUT OUT

Bethany - me neither - no meds - no supps.

(well - I DID use Kudzu for the first 3 days of my AF stint - but nothing else at all)

Satori

xxx
            "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

SUNDAY SHOUT OUT

Hi Bethany....I'm on 40 days with no meds. I do take supps....multi vit/min, milk thistle, B vits, zinc and l-glut.........but I always took that sort of thing anyway!:H

The best resource you have is your own determination and understanding why you drink. And coming here, of course.....strength in numbers!

Good luck.....hope you find the best way for you.

Suze x
              Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

SUNDAY SHOUT OUT

Thanks Satori,

I really enjoy reading your post and being here at MWO.

Thanks for confirming this can be done without meds.

Bethany

Comment

SUNDAY SHOUT OUT

Suze

Coming here and reading the boards is helping me. I am so glad I found this site.

I am taking Gaba, L-glut, and Kudzu in addition to the Vitamins I normally take anyways and it does seem to be helping.

Bethany

Comment

Working...
                  X