inn on monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

inn on monday

gday innmates! things are getting better, I have stayed af 3 days now, have had afew talks with my wife and as long as I stay focused everything will work out eventually. we are looking at selling our business, very stressfull with cash flow etc, have applied for an engineering job which looks very promising, would be good to get off the tools. have a good monday, I have.

max
    "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

inn on monday

Monday eving in Aus at the Inn..

Hey Maxman.. you GO!!
    I'm day 2 AF today.. it's monday night here now.. so everyone else will hit monday morning some several hours from now.. am never sure what thread to post in.. hope it's ok if us Aussies begin the day a few hours ahead!!

Thanks for all the support all, a special hug for Paula, I hope your brother is doing ok and that you are hanging in there..

and Happy thanksgiving everyone in the USA .. hard to imagine snow!!! I was 39 degrees here today! Am still roasting!

Love & strength to all..

Comment

inn on monday

Yikes, Fickle....39?? I'm looking out of my window at a very snowy landscape! Well done on Day 2.....what are you drinking to keep cool in that heat?

Max....good work...sounds like you're focussing in on good changes...more power to you.

I have a busy day here...already been out driving in the snow drifts and more to do this afternoon....lots of work and family stuff to sort - but the compensation is walking the dogs in the white stuff

Have a good week, all at the Inn....c'mon - we CAN do this!

Suze x
      Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

inn on monday

Good Monday Morning -

Happy Day to you Aussies already up and out the door.

The "Snow" talk is a little scary - prefer my palm trees.

Today is day 10 for me and I didn't plan on going this far, but only a couple days in I knew I was Inn it for the 30, at least.

The Counting.....is interesting. When I get time to write out my thoughts I think a thread on why we count, how we count, and who's counting could be interesting.

Hang in there :beach:

Go2Goal
        "Go Placidly Amid the Noise and Haste"

Comment

inn on monday

Good Morning Max, (yay on hanging in there!), Fickle, Suze, Go2, and all to follow -

Am envying you who live in warmer climes. Sorry, know snow is pretty, but wouldn't hurt my feelings any if we never got any of it.....

Off to work, but the countdown is on -

12, 11, 10, 9, 8. 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 ,1 - days to FREEDOM!!!! (my own countdown! YAY!)

hAVE A GOOD DAY ALL!
          The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

inn on monday

Good Morning INNmates!!

Max- Thanks for opening the thread. I'm glad that you and your wife are talking and making plans for the future. It sounds as if you have big changes in store for your future. We're all behind you buddy.So hop to it

Fickle- Great to see you- Since we are an international group anyone can start the tread on their time. It breaks me up when you in Oz and the UK talk about your temps in Celcius, since we use Ferinhite. When its 39 degrees here, we're freezing our butts off!!

Paula- Hope your brother is improving, we are thinking of you here, Fickle, thanks for the reminder.

Suze- Sounds like our bouncy chocolatly cheerleader has a busy day planned today! Enjoy your walk in your winter wonderland

G2G - Good day 10 for you. As the weather turns colder here, palm trees do sound nice!! A tread on counting would be interesting, I know that people have mixed feelings about it.

Hannah- Love the countdown!! I notice that as you go along, the cars get fancier!! Please be safe on the icey roads.

I've been a little off on my Julie duties lately. So time to whip this group back into shape!!

I posted yesterday about Thanksgiving being celebrated this week in the states. This week at the INN will be GIVING THANKS week!!

For example, I am giving thanks for the dustbunnies that I have to go clear before the cable guy gets here. Why? Because I have a house to collect dust bunnies in. I can afford cable. And I am physically able to get up off my bum to go dust them up.

So off to get the swifter.

Love and Peace
            Rob

Comment

inn on monday

Hi everyone,
              it's 14.50 uk time, the snow has gone. I have misgivings about countdowns, when I start counting things start to go wrong. I was af from February to July this year and then I fell
              off the waggon. We have always had booze in the house, as my husband likes a drink,
              but after all my lapses he has agreed not to have it inside now, so I'm hoping to stay sober. My brother is not going to get well, it makes me feel bad but I can't go on using
              him as an excuse to drink. So I am now praying for him to have a peacful end to his life
              now, as he is suffering so much. And I haven't thought about a drink for a few days now.
              Thanks for your support.
              Love Paula.

Comment

inn on monday

My typing is dreadful. !!

Comment

inn on monday

Hi everyone

Your typing is fine Paula, sorry to hear about your brother. Hannah and Rob I love your pictures.

Rushing to do school run, just wanted to say quick hello.

Rustop

Comment

inn on monday

Hello Innmates. Congratulations to all of you who are having great success!! And compassion to all who might be struggling a bit (a bit??) as I am right now, at least in terms of AF.

I'm so glad I quit smoking in Feb of this year - that was very difficult and is still on my mind at times (but nothing like at first!) I am also working to get into better eating habits (low carb is how I need to eat) and also better exercise habits (Curves). At least the drinking thing is way better than it was before. Not what I would call a "successful" level of moderation (i.e. still way too much) but far less than previous quantities.

As much as I wish I didn't, I tend to get very stressed out over the holidays. Family obligations that years ago became "not fun" because no matter what ya do, ya just can't please everyone.

So...I've decided that Until the holidays are behind me, my MAIN focus will be excercising a minimum of 3 times a week at Curves, and eating low carb. I will do my best to stay moderate with the drinking. I MUST go AF at some point. I want to do this in January where we will have a nice stretch of time where there aren't a lot of "special events" and "holidays" and stuff that I eventually must handle AF, but can't seem to muster it right now.

I want to stay in touch here at MWO because I must master AF eventually. I also want to be as moderate as possible until the time is right. BUT...I respect the Inn as an AF place. So..if you don't see much of me around the Inn specifically, please don't worry.

Love and best wishes to all for holiday joy. Or at least holiday survival. (Still wishing I could head 5 states away....)

DG
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

inn on monday

Hmmmm...I'd been thinking of putting up a thread about whether to count or not...so it's interesting that other folk here at the Inn were mulling it over too! Shall I go start it or does someone else want to??

Suze xx
                      Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

inn on monday

Whew, The dust bunnies and I both needed a break!! Still no cable guy.
                        During my break, I had to call my daughter and had to apologize to her for speaking to her sharply yesterday. I apparently sounded off to on of my daughters in law as she asked me twice if I was ok. I also talked very briefly to my son and within minutes of the conversation yesterday my daughter called back telling me what she and my son would be bringing for thanksgiving. It didn't occur to me till this morning when I woke up that their quick response may have been related to my sharpness or exactly how sharp I was with them. So there will be more phone calls with apologies later.

All of this is to say Doggy I can relate to how not taking care of exercise and nutrition can mess with your head!! Even without mixing in the booze!! I know that I joke aroud about being exercise phobic but I really must do something soon. I've had a Y membership for nearly 2 years and have yet to get there. I have a Curves not too far from me and would be interested in hearing more about it to get me kick started.

By the way Rule No.1 here at the INN is respect. We all respect your honesty and decisions. Please check in from time to time and let us know how you're doing if you choose to leave.

Paula- So sorry to hear about your brother. I can only hope that you and your family can find peace in knowing that his suffering will end and that you are able to comfort each other. Please come here to talk with us whenever you like.

Rus- Hello-Good to see you!!

Suze- That will be an intersting thread.

Ok, slipping back into that other mode:

I WANT TO SEE PEOPLE GIVING THANKS AND I WANT TO SEE PEOPLE GIVING THANKS NOW

Love and Peace
                        Rob
                        Attached files [img]/converted_files/369467=2318-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

inn on monday

I'm thankful that nasty nun hasn't caught me yet.

Hi Rob, Hannah, Suze, G2G, Doggy, MM, Paula, Max, Chief, and everyone else-

I'm saying a quick hi to you, my friends here at the inn, though I've been feeling really tired and blue today and not feeling up to much of anything. The winter and the holidays this year are really getting to me. It's a long story, but holidays have always been difficult emotionally, and in the past year, the 2 families that are like my only extended family have cracked up. I'll get through it, but sometimes I just go - okay, well WHAT ELSE ?!?!?! I'll find my happy place again, and get on with it, but yesterday and today were not so good.

A thread about counting sounds interesting...

luv wonder xx

Comment

inn on monday

oh yeah....and I'm thankful for my angel courtesy of the Inn :h

Comment

inn on monday

Hi Everyone!

Congrats to all who are racking up AF days. It all starts with 1 day, then 1 more, then 1 more and before you know it you're enjoying sobriety and won't turn back. Those of you with 2 or 3 days, stay with it, get past the first 3-5 days and you will see a difference.

It's the holiday week and The Beast is well aware of it. He is planting thoughts of drinking. Drink to celebrate...drink because everyone else is...drink because it's too stressful not to drink...blah,blah,blah. We all know this is crap. If we are non-drinkers, we are non-drinkers. We don't drink. There are plenty of people in this world who don't drink and nothing that happens in their lives changes that. It's not an issue. So all the reasons I mentioned above are pure Beast. All we have to do is recognize it, be honest with ourselves, and act accordingly.

DG, The rules of The Inn are honesty and respect. I respect your decision to forego being AF until January. I also appreciate your honesty in telling us, you didn't have to do that. I hope you will respect my honesty.
                              We will worry about you because we care about you. I know you are struggling right now and I feel for you, but would you go back and read your post? If that's not The Beast writing , there's not a cow in Texas... You are justifying drinking until JANUARY because the holidays are too stressful. You have successfully quit smoking, are going to watch what you eat, and are going to exercise, BUT, you must drink because of the time of year... does that make sense?
                              Please think about it and reconsider staying with us at The Inn. I know it's not easy, but you can do it if you put your mind to it..

Have a good week everyone...

Don

Comment

Working...
                              X