Nov. 19 - Mon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nov. 19 - Mon

Hi Everyone: I'm doing OK. I'm keeping my abs a #1 priority today. I've had a difficult time since I returned from vacation. I won't drink no matter what. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Nov. 19 - Mon

Morning Mary-

That's it. I'm keeping my abs #1. Sometimes it may seem selfish but a sober Breez is better than an inebriated Breez. Keep the faith Mary.

Mother Nature update: yup~we got a frog for our aquarium. Ever since raising that tadpole over the summer & as soon as it became a frog it "kicked the bucket"-I've had a soft spot for frogs. So Saturday night we made a pitstop at the pet store & picked up an African Dwarf frog (it's aquatic so it just stays in water & occassionally comes up for air). Grows to 1-2 inches. My main problem was feeding it (bloodworms-gross I know) since it's a bottom feeders because my piggy fish would eat most of it as the food sunk to the bottom.
    WELL-here comes my Mother Nature ordeal. I was doing reading on it & said to hubby last night "I should turn the filter down to low-but I shouldn't worry since the fish don't get stuck". Yup you guessed it. 11 pm I go to bed & check on them & can't find Froggy. I look everywhere. Then I see a little leg from under the filter! I quickly turn it off-shake the filter & he floats to the bottom. Oh Lord-I gotta replace him I thought. But I took a butterknife & nudged him & he was OK! YEAH! So now I either get a gravel filter (don't know how much they cost) or put pantyhose over the existing one. Oiy.

Well gotta run. Kids have a half day today so I need to catch up on things.

Have a great AF day everyone! Gobble gobble... Attached files [img]/converted_files/369398=2491-attachment.gif[/img]
    :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Nov. 19 - Mon

Hi everyone

Stay strong Mary, inlaw trouble was my trigger last month so know how it feels.

Breeze, your house sounds a little like mine. We have two dogs, a cat, two rabbits and a bird so there is something crazy like your frog incident going on all the time. The rabbits have frequently escaped and as we live on an acre in the country as do most of our neighbours its a little like looking for a needle in a haystack. What we did a few times was take the Jack Russell out and let him scent them down, he's amazing to watch. The difficult part is making sure you catch him before he actually gets to the rabbit!!

Have a good day everyone

Rustop

Comment

Nov. 19 - Mon

Hey Rus-

My daughter is begging for a dog now. That's all I need now. So far in the last yr I have tried to save a den of baby rabbits who were abandoned, a bird who fell out of a nest, raising a tadpole, introducing 3 new fish into the aquarium-all of which did not survive! So at the moment I have 6 indestructable fish-one of which I thought was pregnant but is just morbidly obese & my frog. Our cat died 2 yrs ago & I have finally gotten used to not having animal hair everywhere. Now a dog?!?

And yes! My phony-in-laws have been my biggest trigger for a long time. Not only are the holidays coming up but I was informed that a suprise 60th birthday at a social club will be added in December. Lovely. Forget the grains of salt-give me the box.
        :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Nov. 19 - Mon

Happy Hangover-free Monday ABlanders!

Breez, thanks for the animal planet story
          Mary, you are doing great
          big howdy to Rustop.

both sides of the family are coming starting tomorrow night....dang are we busy!

AF and happy and gotta run,
          be well freinds
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
          X