Thankful for.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thankful for.......

Hope its ok to start this on Rob's idea - just wanted one place where all the gratitude can radiate.

I am thankful today for being 10 days AF and for the fact that I am looking at things in a new way. Thankful I have a chance to try to deal with life differently than I have - for the opportunity to use my curiosity to see what's on the other side of alcohol.

May you all have too long of a gratitude list.....

Go2Goal Attached files [img]/converted_files/14129=2494-attachment.jpg[/img]
    "Go Placidly Amid the Noise and Haste"

Thankful for.......

Today gratitude:

I am thankful for a husband who wants to be great friends and who wants to support me all the way.

:h

G2G

Comment

Thankful for.......

I am thankful for great friends and family who support me no matter how silly I behave.
      Suddenly I see
      This is what I want to be
      suddenly I see
      Why the hell it means so much to me.

-KT Tunstall

Comment

Thankful for.......

G2G- Gives you the gold star for the day.

I am thankful that at 57 I have been given another chance at this crazy puzzle called life.
        Attached files [img]/converted_files/369724=2318-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Thankful for.......

G2G: What a great idea for a thread! I'm thankful for MWO, because I tried & tried to moderate/stop & had no success. My drinking was escalating when I came here in April. It hasn't been smooth, but I've now managed 45 AF days in a row. Without sobriety, I have nothing else to be thankful for. It allows me to appreciate all the other blessings in my life. Mary
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

Thankful for.......

I am thankful for my hangover-free mornings. From there I radiate into a beautiful day. It all starts there.. that is my inspiration.

Thanks G2G!

Namaste,

MM
            Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Thankful for.......

Thankful for...

This forum...

I fell WAY OFF the wagon. I've got no other choice but to try again...redouble my efforts and make it.

Hang-over free mornings...I've had several of those. Since joining this forum, I've had many more than I would've otherwise. For that, I'm very thankful...

I need to get better. How can such seemingly trivial thing have such a hold on otherwise disciplined, resolute people? I haven't found this out yet...

I'm done.

Excuse my ramblings...best wishes to all.
              Working on it... AF as of...[sigh]. Today...today is all that matters.

Comment

Thankful for.......

I am thankful for MWO. Last year I had 90 AF days and this year it is going to be 120. This is somebody who drank daily for the past 12 years. Slowly but surely I am getting there.

Rustop

Comment

Thankful for.......

Daily thanks......future hope

Today I am thankful for a healthy family and the opportunity to mentor my kids about alcohol. They don't know I have gone AF - it's not a thing we've needed to talk about. But they have seen friends gathering and the empty wine bottles left behind. They have learned that that celebration = drinking. They see that when people gather, everyone drinks. They have also seen their parent drinking alone. So the kids WILL notice when "Uncle Hall" isn't part of the celebration or the daily routine. They will see that that there aren't as many bottles in the recycle bin. They will see people gather and their parent will not need to drink. Perhaps, it will go unspoken, perhaps not.

But with all the stories of teens and alcohol maybe my 'change' can impact their learning along the way. Maybe it will create an opportunity to teach about their genes, maybe just to say 'watch out for the beast'. I will be thankful to teach a real lesson, not just words coming out of the mouth.

When I look ahead, I know my teens will become aware of a parent who made a positive change, and I will be thankful they have that awareness.

Go2Goal

Comment

Thankful for.......

Beautiful post Go2, If we can show our kids we are responsible and can change our behavior, it will make an impression. As they say, actions speak louder than words.

you're doing a good thing...

Don

Comment

Thankful for.......

I?m thankful that I am sober, not hung-over and have gained a new hope that I can beat the booze demon and have a life without hurting myself over and over and over......:thumbs:

Comment

Thankful for.......

I am thankful that I have a roof over my head. I am thankful for my family and I am thankful that I am 12 days AF without having to go into a detox or rehab facility.

I am thankful to find new friends here at MWO and all the mutual support here.

I am not really sure how much of the "Program" I am doing though.

Just reading the boards, using the Drink Tracker and taking the L-glut, Gaba and Kudzu.

Anyhow, it seems to be working so far. I seem to be detoxed pretty well by now. Last time I tried to quit drinking though I had another wave of withdrawl at 6-7 weeks AF. I hope the combination of the L-glut and the Gaba will keep me from getting that this time.

Oh, and I am going to do weight lifting 3 times a week also to get those endorphins going again.

Hopefully, I will remember this time that it is easier to stay quit than to keep quitting. Sometimes I forget how hard it was to detox after awhile.

Well, got to get going now.

Thanks all my new friends at MWO for listening and being here.

Bethany

Comment

Working...
                        X