Nov. 23 - Fri.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nov. 23 - Fri.

Hi Everyone: This is the first Friday after Thanksgiving that I'm not waking up w/a hangover in a very long time. I had a wonderful Thanksgiving...completely sober! We went to our nephew's home (he's a liquor/wine dealer), & I felt a slight twinge when I saw all the bottles out. However, I immediately had a sparkling water & the feeling passed. I find that the first few minutes are the hardest.

My brother-in-law (who had been on the wagon for over a year) has begun drinking again. It was kind of a disappointment. I spoke to his wife who said he's gradually drinking more & more. I think he'll soon be back to his former level of drinking (a bottle of scotch a day). I know that is not what I want for myself, so I must keep my goal in sight (AF all the time) & never waver.

Thank you MWO. My current sobriety wouldn't have been possible wo/your support. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Nov. 23 - Fri.

Well done Mary, luckily we dont DO thanksgiving over here - so one less celebration to be bombarded by alcohol at!

I am sorry to hear about your BIL - but, as you know - there is no point in you worrying about his problem - there is nothing anyone can do unless HE wants to stop again.
    Perhaps he will be inspired by your strength and your success - we can only hope!

Keep up the good work M!

Love

satori
    xxx
    "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Nov. 23 - Fri.

Well I made it through Thanksgiving AF although I feel I cheated in that I did take a bottle of alcohol free wine so I wouldn't feel too deprived. I thought this early in my AF journey it was better to be safe than sorry. Tomorrow night it will be 3 weeks AF in November for me. Best birthday present I have ever given myself. Thank you, MWO.

Comment

Nov. 23 - Fri.

:goodjob: Mary and Cuckoo.......we're proud of you both! :h

Cuckoo - don't feel bad about the AF wine......it kept you sticking to the goal so what the hell??:H (does it taste good??? )

Suze x
        Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

Nov. 23 - Fri.

Thanks, Suze. It tastes ok similar to white grape juice.

Comment

Nov. 23 - Fri.

Mornin' Friends!

We had a delightful Thanksgiving with friends. Really good conversation and noone really drank, so it was easy for me. I love my new AF life.. Drinking is only as big a deal as you make it. I am learning that... no one really cares if you drink or not.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone!

Namaste,

MM
            Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Nov. 23 - Fri.

Well done Mary and Cuckoo, you are an inspiration to us who have the Christmas holidays ahead of us. Have a great week-end everyone.

Rustop

Comment

Nov. 23 - Fri.

Evening All-

Glad to hear everyone did well. I was happy in that I saw my cousin from NYC. She came to visit over my parents. Haven't seen her in 6 yrs since she immigrated here from Europe. Normally I would have drank because I would have been nervous about speaking in her native language (I understand better than I speak) but being AF for some time now I had the best time. I realize that I don't need alcohol to be my social crutch. I hope to now spark a new friendship with her as I don't have any relatives here in the U.S. (my parents are immigrants).

Today I was one of those idiots that went shopping at 8am in hopes of still getting a bargin but found that even at 8am the 2 items I wanted were SOLD OUT. Oh well.

Great job everyone! Have a great AF evening!
                :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Nov. 23 - Fri.

I'm glad to see everyone had an AF Thanksgiving. Great job! The first AF holiday in the books, and we all enjoyed it!

Comment

Working...
                  X