DAILY THREAD-Tue. Nov 27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DAILY THREAD-Tue. Nov 27

I had a crappy night last night. Hubby & I were putting away some Christmas storage boxes & after I left he came up to me to say he found some empties in the corner of the storage room. Duh-that was my "dumping" ground. It wouldn't have bothered him but 2 of the empty beer cans still had some liquid at the bottom-so he assumed it was still freshly drunk. I was pissed that he was so accussing & he took that response as being defensive-like I was hiding something. Then I get that "talk" -how alcohol ruins our family's life, my daughter etc etc....I went to bed mad. Sometimes no matter how hard you try you sometimes can never shake that label of being "a problem drinker" / an "alcoholic". But I won't let it bother me. Like hubby said "can you blame me". Well-no. I can give him 100 +1 reasons not to believe me. My past actions have done so. I can only march onward & upward and prove only to myself-after all, this is my battle.

Anyway....I'm up earlier because I'm going Christmas shopping with my mother. Ugh. It'll either be fun or a pain in my ass. She is one of those shoppers that goes rack by rack, hanger by hanger. Drives you nuts!

Have a great AF day everyone! Attached files [img]/converted_files/14286=2542-attachment.jpg[/img]
    :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

DAILY THREAD-Tue. Nov 27

Breez: In your heart you know that you are on the right track w/your sobriety. Your husband probably got fearful when he saw the empties. Keep up the great work you're doing, & you'll show him you're honest & reliable. I've been showing my husband over & over that I can be trusted. Last Sunday, I drove home from a party that in the past 2 years I got drunk at. In fact, I've been doing most of the driving, because he has the beginning of a cataract. What a burden off his shoulders! It feels good to me to take care of that part of our lives together. Keep up the good work & empties will become the non-issue that they are. By the way, my sister-in-law shops like your mother. It can be exasperating, but at least you'll be together. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Comment

DAILY THREAD-Tue. Nov 27

Thanks Mary!
      :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

DAILY THREAD-Tue. Nov 27

I'm sorry that your hubby still can suspect you so easily after all this time, Breez. I can understand your being pissed off. Mary is right though that he likely got scared, and you did well to understand that even though you were angry.

When I am visiting my family, I sometimes will notice my mother secretly "checking" the label if I am drinking AF wine to make sure it is really AF. She worried about me for many years, and it is really hard for her to believe that I am really not drinking. That is really her issue though. She has a history of good things turning sour on her and turning to ashes in her hands, so it is hard for her to have faith that my being AF is really true. She is so proud of me, and it's hard for her to trust that she can pretty much relax about it.

I had a nice lazy Thanksgiving, but now it's back to the grind.

Mary, you sound like you're doing great! Keep up the good work!

Hugs to all,:l

Kathy
        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

DAILY THREAD-Tue. Nov 27

Hi Kathy, Mary, Breeze and all to come

I guess action speaks louder than words. It will take some time before we undo the damage we have done over the years. We are a work in progress but thankfully we are getting there.

Have a great AF Tuesday

Rustop

Comment

DAILY THREAD-Tue. Nov 27

I think our loved ones always remember how many times we "quit" and failed. They are just worried that it will happen again. We can't really blame them. All we can do is prove to them that we have quit this time, for good. Like Dr. Phil says, "past behavior is the biggest predictor of future behavior". We just have to get to a point where our past behavior IS not drinking. We will never give them a reason to say " I told you so"...

Don

Comment

DAILY THREAD-Tue. Nov 27

happy Tuesday ABland!

i finally made it to the gym last night for the first time in two months...wow! that was great, and it's so nice to get that healthy buz and now the healthy sore feeling.

Breez hang in there hon, we KNOW you are doing great.

be well friends
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
              X