Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday November 27th at the INN

Good Mornining INNmates!!

Just a quick check in before I head off to work. More crazy weather here. Yesterday cold and rainy. Today warm and sunny, go figure.

Everyone have a great day.

Love and Peace
    Rob

Morning Rob and everyone else-

I'm going back to my room, okay? I struggled alot last week and over the weekend, and I'm starting AF again this morning - today being day 1. I have really scared myself. Over the weekend, I started to feel the way I did at my worst a few years back, and that simply cannot happen. I felt like I was not just staring the beast in the face, but I was becoming him - that's what full blown addiction is like to me. And I'm like, where did I go ? Very terrifying, especially since alcoholism has litterally killed people in my family. Like my Dad. It's so weird to really want to be AF and to know how much it "works" for me and yet to drink anyway. It's creepy and I really want to be done with it. I was hoping I wouldn't have to "go there" - the really bad place - in order to get really stopped again. Guess it takes what it takes......

Anyway, I have really missed you guys too and misssed being here and feeling good with you. Hope it doesn't take too long to feel normal again :upset: Please send me any good vibes you have to spare.

wonderxxx

Comment

Wonder,

Good vibes your way!! :l

Pamper yourself and get healthy. It is so hard to think well when we are feeling physically bad.

Take care and be seeing you around the INN!!

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Good Morning WW. the fact that you recognize those bad signs in yourself is a great step. You can nip it in the bud. I agree with db - pamper yourself. Take it easy and watch out for your triggers. Have a plan to get through this day, day 1. Good luck and check in with us today about how you are feeling. You can do it! You have the love and support of so many.

Comment

Hi fellow innies

Wonder, big hugs, hope you are feeling a bit better.

Cindi, welcome back, its so good to hear from you again and to know that you are doing so well. We missed you around the boards.

Catch you all later.

Rustop

Comment

OHMIGOD!!!! Hi Cindi!!! So funny....... I was literally thinking of you just a couple hours ago.....wondering how you were doing and missing you. You sound well. Welcome back - look forward to hearing more about your experience, and what was helpful. Big HUGS :l :h :l

And thanks rustop and laur anne - the kind words are SO appreciated. I just had a nap and I'm feeling slightly less, um, bad. Gonna go out for some exercise and fresh air.

luv wonder xx

Comment

Wonder,

It is good that you are just looking at this as a slip and not looking at it as a full blown relapse because sometimes when a person peceives themselves as being in a full blown relapse they just keep on drinking and drinking. Perception is reality.

Just a little slip but you are getting back on the horse. Good for you!

Today is a brand new day!

Bethany

Comment

Thanks Bethany ! A "full blown relapse" is not an option. No matter what it takes......
                wonder xx

Comment

Wonder, I know how beaten you probably feel -

We all know it isn't easy. It's just a matter of never giving up. You can do it, Wonder, just dig a little deeper and begin again. :h
                  The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Hi Lovely Innies

Lovely to see Wonder and Cindi again....missed you guys! :h

Wonder.....good job for getting back here as soon as you could....your room was kept in good order for you. Hope you enjoyed the fresh flowers.....and the detox smoothie in your fridge. Take care now.....try to eat some good stuff..lots of fruit and veggies to restore yourself, lots of water or herby teas.....and wrap yourself in the fluffy robe while you make plans for Day 2! Was it Thanksgiving that unstuck you? I think lots of you 'over the pond' pals found it ....er....challenging :h

I am MUCH better now from my kidney thing and am off the painkillers...hooray. BUT...woke up with the bug my OH and I started at the weekend....today it has really got a grip :upset: stayed in bed most of the day, so feeling easier this evening...hope it jumps ship by tomorrow. Actually, feeling rough this afternoon I had the first serious alcohol craving I've had for a little while now. Staved it off with icey cold apple juice ....

Hope everyone is doing ok......Chief...seen any signs of you know who??

Suze xx
                    Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

Hello All Innmates!!!!

I've been "away" as well, mistakenly believing that I can do this without outside help. All goes well for a while and then BAM!!!! In the course of a weekend I'm back to my former drinking habits.
                      I'm humbled again and back to day 1. I feel like I keep going though the motions. I suppose the old saying "nothing changes if nothing changes" is very apt for me.
                      I know this is a tough time of year to begin another road to recovery. I've loaded up on books (recovery and other). I'm looking foward to going through the old posts as they are always inspiring and meeting some of the newcomers.
                      For the upcoming Holiday Season I must learn to relax without a wineglass in my hand. One step at a time....
                      It's good to be back.

Janet

Comment

:welcome: back Janet....nice to see you. Put that slip behind you......and you can still have the wineglass in your hand - just put something soft in it instead of wine!

Suze x
                        Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

Thanks Suze,

I think you're right about Thanksgiving throwing so many of us off!!! I cooked a meal for 17, served it, divided up the leftovers to send home with guests,cleaned up and at 10pm when I should have gone to bed with a good book, proceeded to start and finish a bottle of wine!!!! Did the same thing on Sat and again last night!!!

Next year I'm travelling overseas.... hopefully...... only if the dollar gains some strength. Otherwise we might have to sell the house to buy a cup of coffee

Have a good evening all!!!

Janet

Comment

:boohoo: Hannah and Suze you have me all teary.

Thank you for the TLC. It feels soooooo good. The beautiful card, huggy bears, detox smoothie, fluffy robe and all the rest. waahhh!!!:upset:

I just came back from a good long brisk walk with my headphones and music. Feel my strength and clarity returning. And yes, have had lots of water and good healthy food.

Suze - good news about the kidneys, but now a bug!?! Phooey! Hope it passes soon.

Welome back Janet!

luv to all, wonder xx

Comment

Hi everyone,
                              welcome back, Cindi, really missed you. Janet and Wonder, know how you feel
                              but put the slips behind you, like Suze advised. Wonder I have also lost family
                              members to alcohol and it is so frightening, but we can and will win.

Comment

Working...
                              X