Daily Thread Wed. - Nov. 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone: I hope all is well. I wanted to start this today but don't have too much time. I know in this pre-holiday crush, we can have extra stress. I'm trying not to let it get out of hand. That's a trigger for me. Guard your sobriety. I will too. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Mary and all to come,

I am personally enjoying a little downtime after my rehab stint. Not shopping, only doing minimal online work.

I am sure it will catch up with me big time as I try to get ready for company and have presents for all the grandkids this Christmas but for today...

I am sober, happy, healthy and relaxed. Whew!!

Love to all,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Morning-I was actually up very eary & going to start the thread but my son (he's 5) was in hysterics this morning. He's got 4 loose teeth & can't handle it. Funny, as much as I hated putting my laptop down & going upstairs to investigate what the crying was all about-I thought afterward-if I was hung over & would have been in the most fowl mood & would have been so un-motherly. So instead my daughter (9) & I were in his room telling him how the tooth fairy will take his teeth & bring them to newborns so they can have new baby teeth & he will grow new "big boy" teeth.

I love and hate this time of year. Love Christmas. But my hubby's side of the family-ugh-way too much! Because of the "empty can" thing the other day I got another talk regarding a 60th birthday party on the 22nd. I was "told" not to dread it & that I "shouldn't" do anything to spoil it-hint hint....we know what that means. Hello! Why at this point would I spoil anything? I know, I know-he's still paranoid but the conversations get so old-like a little kid. It's almost a year now-but because of those 2 incidents during that time...ho hum.

So today I'm taking it easy. Like you Mary-I've taken on way too much lately & I need to take time for myself. Sobriety first!
      Cindi-congrats~you sound so good. Keep up the great job you're doing.

Gotta call my phony mom-in-law now & tell her what our kids want for Christmas. That'll be 2 minutes about the kids & 20 minutes about the phonies! That's the way she is-talk about the "phony cult" family & all their members & brag, brag, brag-gossip, gossip, gossip. Too bad my hubby's dad has passed away (diabetes complications resulting from drinking) because I love that side of the family only we never see them. We only see his mother's side.

Have a great AF day everyone!

sorry to be a downer but I'm really in a good mood! It's nice to get this off my chest!
      :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Happy Wed AB-origines!

Deeby so nice to have you back!
        Mary, thanks for the words of vigilance
        Breez do you need a good hitman? LOLOLOL.....sorry.
        family can be so stressing and so great...sometimes all at once.
        our folks are gone now and we are exhausted yet excited to be the kids of the house
        again and catch up on things.
        ok, supposed to be working now.
        be well everyone!
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Deter...My bb gun is aimed -just joking.LOL! LOL-I'm still laughing at Deter! Good one!
          :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Breez, make them some chicken sashimi. the samonella should do them in
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
            X