The Inn for Sunday December 2nd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, all. I feel quite honored to be able to start the Inn this morning. Hope everyone had a lovely AF evening as I did. Never did this before so not sure exactly what to do except to extend a huge welcome to everyone this 1st Sunday in December. I'm quite happy in that I'm approaching 30 days AF after 16 years of non-stop drinking. My deepest thanks go out to the wonderful and supportive people on this site who help me achieve this goal one day at a time.

Morning Innmates! Lovely freakin' day here in northeast Ohio... freezing rain, cold, gray. It's suppose to warm up a bit, change to rain, then cold again tonight with wind and snow tonight and tomorrow. I have to go sell Christmas trees for the Lions Club today from 12-4. That should be fun.....hey, at least I'm not hungover...lol
    Hope everyone has a good Sunday. Keep your guard up for our 'ol buddy AL.....you know he's lurking..

Don

Comment

THE INN FOR 30 HOUSE RULES

Since Cuckoo was kind enough to start the Sunday thread I just put the House Rules here.

Cuckoo- Don't forget to shout out your days!!

Don- Yuck! I'm in central Ohio, keep that crappy weather to yourself. Be safe my friend!

Good Sunday Morning from the INN for 30.

It is our tradition here to post the House Rules on Sunday and also to Shout Out our days of abstinance.

First the house rules:

Hello guests and welcome to the Inn for 30

The Inn for 30 is a gathering place for those who wish to remain AF (alcohol free) for 30 consecutive days.

Please come in and get comfortable, we have many rooms and encourage you to choose one that suits your tastes.

We do ask that all guests observe the house rules which are as follows:

1) All guests will respect, support and encourage each other during their stay.

2) While all guests are encouraged to enjoy the rumpus room, the padded walls are not meant to encourage head banging. If you are feeling really crazy or really craving, come here and talk to someone!!

3) Unfortunately, we have an unwanted inhabitant who occasionally slips up on unsuspecting guests. His name is Al-(coholic) If Al does happen to ?get you? (you have a slip) you will not be asked to leave. However, you will be sent to the Wreck Room a place where I?m sure you will not want to linger.

4) We have a fully equipped exercise room, but because your current proprietor is a lazy slug, I suggest that you get you read the booklets scattered about the room or ask someone who knows about that kind of stuff. The only ?exercise? we require of our guests is that you keep track of your AF days, any way you want.

5) Our nutritionist/cook is currently on leave for a gastric bypass so it?s pretty much up to you to get your own meals. However, we will have Sunday dinner together for our Sunday Shout Out where the rules will be reviewed for the newcomers and AF days will be posted.

6) Have Fun, Don?t Drink, No running or Diving around the Pool!!

Everyone Have a Great Sunday!!
      Attached files [img]/converted_files/377494=3698-attachment.gif[/img]

Comment

morning! How nice to see cuckoo starting the daily thread! Morning girlie!

We're having snow here too chief and rob - supposed to turn into sleet and then rain later. Lovely. The snow actually looks pretty out the window. Sleet and rain I can do without.

Been up since 3 a.m.. Ridiculous. But I feel fine. Lots of coffee and a good breakfast and feeling happy.

tkeene: sounds like a delicious AF feast! I haven't had a good homemade dumpling in years, mmmmm......

See you all a little later - hope everyone's well-
        wonder xx

Comment

Hi Cuckoo and everyone so far.....we've had torrential rain AND brilliant sunshine today. Are you sure you folks aren't Brits in disguise - talking about the weather and all???

My temperature is back to normal this morning....I'm on the mend.....yippee! We're going to start decorating our tree here in minute....I love that!:h

Am stuffed with buckwheat salad and green mineral soup...yum...ready to decorate now!

Suze x
          Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

Hi Cuckoo and everyone else! Let's see - I want to go to tkeene's house first to help eat up the chicken and dumplings, then head to Wonder's house to share in that big breakfast.

You all know how it goes with the first several many days of AF. Yesterday was Day 3 and also dog training day - it was a downright bitch. I'm so glad that's over. Today is gonna be a lazy one for the most part cuz dangit, I deserve to lay around and watch movies and read books today! :H

Chief, we had the weather you describe here yesterday. Don't freeze off anything important at the tree sale!

Suze it's great to hear you are feeling better. And Rob, could you and Suze beat on Al with Suze's sticks for me please? He's really bothering me. Thanks.

Have a great day all..

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

MORNIN' SUNSHINES!

Thanks for starting this up Cuckoo!! You are doing so great! 30 days is spectacular.. I am very proud of you!

Hey, Chief! can you please send me over one of those trees - Ihaven't done it yet. Maybe today since I am here by myself I will get the decorations out and start getting in the spirit! Stay warm and so grateful - what a wonderful thing to help people with the special trees they have chosen.

Rob, you know, I still read the rules every Sunday! I want to remember that I am still very new to this.. Thanks for everything and the Sunday Shout Out, too, you rock!

tkeene~ WAY TO GO on week one! Nicely done. Count whatever way works for you. I am so glad you are part of this group - you are such a wonderful person and I look forward to seeing your name each day. And on the cooking instead of drinking thing - I did the same thing.. You will probably lose weight just by not drinking, so I wouldn't worry about it - your body is LOVING it!

Wonder~ OMG, I did the 3am thing almost all last week! it drove me crazy! I finally had to get out the 'ol sleeping pills (ambien), and take for a few nights to get my self back on track. I don't like to take them, but I just can't NOT sleep. I normaly take melatonin sublinguals and they work great, but sometimes I require a bit more. I like the melatonin because they are natural. Don't fall asleep on the keyboard..:H

Hey, Suze! We are having some pretty bleak weather today.. we are supposed to get a big storm tonight they say ONE FOOT - YEAH! The ski mountain is open and it is beautiful, but today just cold and gray. I am glad you are feeling better - take it easy!

Well, I have another lovely day off with no hubby and no little darling. I LOVE THESE DAYS! My daughters birthday is in two weeks, and I bought her a new bedroom set, including a big dresser, night stand and canopy bed! She is going to be so excited - she has wanted one forever. BUT, I bought it all online and it has to be put together! We live in kind of a remote area, so shopping and deliveries are all more than 1.5 hours away. Now I do most shopping online - getting to be a pro at it! I can look around and find free shipping, usually.. SO, I am going to ATTEMPT to put together the furniture myself today - yup, you heard it! I may be SCREAMING for help later..:H

OK.. off to have my tea and supplements, and then have a little workout.

Namaste,

MM
              Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Hey, DG - we cross-posted!

You have a LOVELY day lazing about! I'm glad you got through yesterday... This is all about you, sister! We are here for you ONE MILLION PERCENT!!

xoxox

MM
                Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Happy Sunday all InnMates!!

Today I am working on day 22. Much gratitude here for my sobriety.

I was hating our weather until I read everyone else's. heh heh.

Grey, a bit of rain but in the 50s. I guess I'll take it.

Let's meet up tonight for Sunday Supper and a few games afterwards.

I think some hot chocolate or warm apple cider with cinnamon sticks. Yumm.

Hope all have a wonderful Sunday.

Love,
                  Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Good Morning fellow Innfolk -

Getting a late start today - slept too well last night. Snow, sleet, rain here too - don't ya love the Great Lakes region, Rob & Chief? Thankful an event was cancelled and I won't be on nasty roads for 6+ hours today.

I guess it's another 'log on the fire day' - do the tree, bake some, start getting ready for Holly-days. Everyone generally loves the holiday moods that permeate this time of year, but in my family it was always too much expectation. As I got older I guess I handled that with champagne, Brie cheese, and other consumption items that seemed "special". An AF season will be interesting, because Each AF brings a new way to think about something I used to just swallow with the wine. Still not sure if I NEED to be doing this, but, no matter, I am enjoying what's being discovered.

Y'all have a Mav'lous Day!

Go2Goal Attached files [img]/converted_files/377526=2632-attachment.gif[/img]
                    "Go Placidly Amid the Noise and Haste"

Comment

Hello Innsters!

Grey, occasional blue bits, scudding clouds, forceful cloud formations, noisy dumps of rain, and a wind to strip the clothes off you (!!).... and I heard an lady in town saying how bitterly cold it was today...I find it really mild....neither wrong...isn't it amazing how differently we find things!!

Went to our Cathedral this morning and will head back there in half-an-hour or so for the Advent Carol Service....so good to see the great tree decorated at the door and see the little Boy Scout light the first candle on the Advent ring....aaah! The big nativity scene is in place with just a shepherd and a couple of oxen - it'll grow as the story unfolds....it's so good to see the eyes of the children...and the big children!!! (me!) It feels good this year! I'm going to be a Big Kid!

Feeling good today (but have still had to change typos in each and every word I've typed in this post so far.............?!?!?!?!? (literally!) Anyone seen a brain or pair of eyes?!?!?)

My daughter is away at her dad's tonight and it'll be telly and...telly later on!

Right, off to get a tarpaulin I think - time to go and the sky is BLACK!!!!

Can I join in the grub and log-fire chat tonight - sounds lovely....I'll bring my stick to beat off...wassisname? that 'thing'...the ulgy brute....phwa!! Who?!?! Someone not to have anything to do with anyway!!

Love FMS xx
                      :heart: c: :heart:
                      "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Yes, hello, may I please reserve a room at this lovely guest house? One room, non-smoking (yes!! about 2 weeks now) king bed? Please, no mini-bar. I would like to stay for 30 days, but will plan to stay a ay at a time...A little afraid of that scary room where AL is banished to.

Hi all...I have not had any days AF to scream about (not recently, anyway) but still want to kick the S**t out of the beast.

Sunny and warm here in Florida. Other than visiting my father in law in the hospital (he was admitted last night for pancriatis (they think) I expect a quiet day. Husband got home at 5am after admitting his dad...so he is lacking any energy.

Thanks for letting me come to this lovely guest house where I can rest and focus on my spirit and my soul. (and kicking butt!)
                        formerly known as bak310

Comment

Yes, hello, may I please reserve a room at this lovely guest house? One room, non-smoking (yes!! about 2 weeks now) king bed? Please, no mini-bar. I would like to stay for 30 days, but will plan to stay a ay at a time...A little afraid of that scary room where AL is banished to.

Hi all...I have not had any days AF to scream about (not recently, anyway) but still want to kick the S**t out of the beast.

Sunny and warm here in Florida. Other than visiting my father in law in the hospital (he was admitted last night for pancriatis (they think) I expect a quiet day. Husband got home at 5am after admitting his dad...so he is lacking any energy.

Thanks for letting me come to this lovely guest house where I can rest and focus on my spirit and my soul. (and kicking butt!). I plan to check in around 5PM

With Love,

Beth
                          formerly known as bak310

Comment

Dem sticks, dem sticks....dem big sticks.......

We've got 'em.......we gonna use 'em........

See you all by the fireside tonight for hot drinks and mince pies and stollen cake and some serious Al bashing.....there are loads of ways to use those sticks...

1. Bash him over the head - 'I don't want a hangover'

2. Jab him in the eye - 'I am happier without alcohol, thanks'

3. Trip him up as he goes by - ' You're a loser, Al, but I'm not'

4. Whack him behind the knees - 'You can't trick me with your stoopid smile'

You get the idea......

Stay strong, Innies :h

Suze x
                            Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

Inn in Decemeber

Welcome to December fellow Inn guests,

Reading all your posts makes me glad that I'm with you here and not with any of you in Ohio.

As the weeks roll by I am more and more profoundly sure that this is the best decision I could have made at this point in my life: AF. This week marks a couple firsts: first time I put up the Christmas tree and decorations completely sober, Wed. will be the first birthday that I can remember celebrating without alcohol since I turned 21.

Which as we remain sober for a sustained period begs the question: what is w/ our culture that seems to demand alcohol for birthdays and holidays and why did it take this long to figure out that I don't need it?

Have a good first week of December.

July

Comment

Working...
                              X