I NEED YOUR VIBES TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes girlie we are AFing today. all the way......
    :welcome:

Comment

Meditation Mama -

I know you were a lovely host at your lovely Spa - please check in when you return!

Go2Goal
      "Go Placidly Amid the Noise and Haste"

Comment

MM- Late checking in, hope everything is going well. You can do it!
        Pretend this is Al, ok?
        The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

How did it go MM?

Hope them vibes did the trick!

Love :l

satori

xxx
          "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

C`mon MM..........tell us you did it. :l

Starlight Impress x

Comment

I wish I could... I was fine all night until the end, then I gave in. I didn't get drunk, by any means, but i did have a few glasses of wine. I don't know what is wrong with me... I prayed, I meditated, I wrote, I asked for help, I was determined, I talked to myself, I talked to myself all afternoon! I turned it down I don't know how many times throughout the afternoon, then I just gave in in the last hour.. It was like someone else saying yes.. I don't know who that person is anymore because it isn't me. Is she the last piece? I don't know. I feel like I have broken down this thing to the core, but what is this last bit? I am exhausted.. this fight is exhausting me. I feel like throwing in the towel, but I know I can't. I know for many people a few glasses of wine may not mean much, but for me it is huge. I don't want to drink. I don't. Then why did I? I can't figure this out! There must be some deep, dark part of me that I haven't gotten to yet, something that is hiding. I must find it. I feel like finding this anomaly and ripping it's frickin' hair out! But I know I must be gentle, coax it out or it will continue to hide. SO, I will meditate - I will actually do some specialized work to try and locate this piece, and speak with my therapists. I am off to acupuncture now. I will have a long talk with her about this. She is my eastern philosophy teacher/healer/therapist. I will find this missing link. I will!!

I do think all the well wishes and vibes helped, though. I was able to get through 5 hours of not drinking! Any other time and I would have drank the whole time like everyone else. They were really drunk - I am very glad at least I didn't go there. - So, thank you all.

I am not running away, I will be honest with myself and with all of you, I am not setting a date for after the holidays to start over, I am starting today, again, and for as many todays as it takes.

Please stay with me.

MM
              Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Hey, MM, I'm not saying that it's a good thing, because, clearly, it's not okay with you. What I am noticing, though, is that you stayed safe for 5 hours before caving in the last hour. Part of you knew that you couldn't cave in to AL until you had taken care of business.

Sounds like you have a good plan for taking care of yourself with meditation and acupuncture. It may be something strange that keeps you from wanting to let go of booze entirely.

For me it was not wanting to be a goody two shoes. I've always been somewhat rebellious, and drinking and smoking were part of that. Having given up smoking, giving up drinking was also like giving up an independent part of me (that was also killing me). Once I made peace with that, it became easier.

I hope you have a healing day.

Hugs,:l

Kathy
                AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

MM, I'm not sure what to say. You went in with a solid plan. It was obviously a situation that you couldn't avoid and you did the best you could. Something more to learn.

You may want to think about cranking up the topo. I take my full dose right before bedtime (100mg) and seem to be having very few side effects.

Just keep hammering away at this thing, you'll succeed!!

Love and Peace
                  Rob

Comment

Hey MM - at least you gave Al a good run for his money - but he is a persistent s.o.b., and that was always going to be a tough situation for one of us "special" people!

You Will get there - don't give up just yet!

Sending love and strength vibes your way

satori :l

xxx
                    "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

I think you did well by waiting till the end and only having 3. not getting drunk is a good sign.
                      be good to yourself MM.
                      we're not going anywhere
                      You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Working...
                      X