The Inn, Monday, December 10th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to have been kind of quiet lately - just a very busy time for me. Hope everyone is doing well, and has a great day! Will check back later!
    The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Hi Hannah and all to come

It's that time of year!! Have been so busy with family stuff I have been missing a lot of the MWO action too. On Day 42 so feeling good. Have a great week everyone.

Rustop

Comment

HI Hannah and Rus!

Yep - busy time of year for everyone I guess.
      I am not able to be here nearly so much lately either.

This will be my first AF Xmas - so it probably will be a little...... strange!

I will also be surrounded by drinking family members for several days - so plenty of time for AL (and my relatives)to try to work on my brain!

I do confess to feeling a little anxious about the constant exposure!
      Xmas and New Year in Scotland = Alcohol!

I am certainly coping well enough during normal day to day life - but I think the next few weeks are going to be "testing"!

Oh well - let battle commence!

"You can take our lives - but you will never take .......my AF days!!!!!! :H

Love :l

Satori

xxx
      "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Good Morning INNmates!!

Hannah- Great to see you, we really miss you around here. Hope things are going well. I know its been crazy busy for you, hope you're taking some time for yourself just to catch your breath and relax!!

Rus- Anytime you stop by is a treat, you always have something worthwhile to say.

Satori- Sounds like you need to read some of Chiefs posts to MM from yesterday's thread. Always great to see you around.

I get to go do some 30 day congrats threads so I'll stop back later.

Love and Peace
        Rob

Comment

Hey Satori-

Better that you're concerned than not. Getting yourself prepared, so you don't get blind-sided, is a good thing. Since this is your first AF holiday season, it's a maiden voyage, and when it's over, you will know (and love) AF Holiday Satori.

While I am 13 days AF this go round, most of my recent Christmases have been AF - here's some of what I've learned......

1) Like yourself, I am very charismatic - life of the party (or I used to like to think so) In AF world, I can hang back a little and not feel pressured to be in high performance mode. People are responsible for their OWN good time. It's not all on me. I can be a passenger and stay relaxed instead of doing all the driving, you know? And if I'm hosting - ask for help and take it! Things don't have to be "perfect". Letting the small stuff go is an act of mercy to myself.

2) Once people "get" that you are not drinking, and start getting a little tipsy themselves, they will not care what you are doing. You won't be going on that AL ride with them. And that's fine.

3) When I get to feeling a little stressed, irritated, tempted, bored, whatever, I take a little break. Step outside and breathe the fresh air for a few minutes, or something like that. Or busy myself with a task that gives me room to think. People don't notice or care as much as I think they will. And even if they do, it passes quickly.

4) Kids! Kids are my favorite antedote at Christmas. If the grown-up thing gets irritating, boring, stressful - I play with the kids. I probably belong with them anyway. They're fun and they don't drink. And they really appreciate the attention.

5) REALLY thinking it through. If I'm tempted - I can play the tape in full detail in my mind. I know how it ends and it's gross.

6) This last one is purely internal: keeping in touch with the internal climate. A couple of deep focused relaxing breaths can reconnect me to my center, and melt the anxiety/attachment to whatever is happening around me. If I stay in touch with that, the rest is easy. Meditators have a well-developed muscle here!

Thanks for the oportunity to start clarifying my own Holiday strategy!

Love, wonderxx

Comment

Good morning, my friends...

Just a quick note to say hellp. I am feeling quite down today, so I am not going to post much here. I will pop in later to read a bit.

Namaste,

MM
            Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

A Wonder list for Christmas

Wonderworld,

Thanks for those points for getting us--me--through the Holidays AF. This will be my first Christmas AF and while I'm not worried about it, I know I need a plan. I will be out of town w/ family that enjoys several cocktails w/ almost all occasions. Since this will be an away game for me, I need to think ahead. Your points are just what I am going to follow.

Thanks,

July

Day 137 AF

Comment

Hey All- Just a quick note to let you know that I won't be around much the next couple of days. My heart just isn't in it.

My friend in Alaska is having her kidney removed tomorrow because of a tumor and even keeping up with you wackadoodles can not distract me from the sadness and fear that I'm feeling right now.

Don't worry, as Chief says, drinking is not even an option. I just don't have it in me to be Julie the activities director and even the crazy nun is hiding out in the convent.

I know that there are enough crazies here to keep things lively and I will certainly be checking in to read, can't get my morning started without you guys, but I'm just going to step back for a while and let the inmates run the asylum.

Love and Peace
                Rob

Comment

Rob~

My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your friend over these next days. Please take care of yourself and try to keep yourself calm - I know it won't be easy, but it will be important.

MM
                  Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Dearest Rob-
                    Good for you for taking care of yourself. So sorry about your friend, that is indeed very scary and upsetting. I hope and pray everything goes well.

We can of course take care of ourselves (I promise to behave. Well, behave just enough ). You have a special touch that no one can duplicate, but we can surely keep the roof from caving in and keep stinky AL at bay and tend to each other. And of course, if you need us, we can be here for YOU too. You can be just another lunatic for as long as you need.

Love you - big hug:l
                    Wonderxx

Comment

Much love to you Rob and to your friend :hug:

We'll keep your room warm, and try not to get too out of hand

Suze x
                      Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

Rob, thinking of you, and sending you a great big hug. Hope everything goes well with your friend. Take all the time you need, we will be here for you and sending you good vibes.

We will miss you, of course. Be well, and don't let Al tempt you into thinking you need a little nip to calm your nerves.

Luv ya. Be strong.
                        The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Rob - thinking of you....we'll all be with you and your friend in spirit...

Come back when you're ready - just stay quiet in your room and order up comforting things from room service. Massage? Soothing music? I'm getting good at comforter standards! A goody coming your way!

Love and hugs
                          FMS xx
                          :heart: c: :heart:
                          "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Rob, you are so supportive here !!! I'm sure you will be such a source of support to your friend in Alaska. I send both of you my thoughts and best wishes for her health.
                            Remember to take care of yourself.
                            We look foward to your return

Janet.

Comment

Rob,

Come back when you are ready and know we are as good at giving support as receiving here at the Inn.

July

Comment

Working...
                              X