• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday 13 at The Inn

Morning All

Rob...what fab news you had yesterday....SO pleased for everyone involved

Finding....you ate all the cakes! waaaaa waaaaaa :upset:

I'm off to sort out my neighbour's dog now....both of them rather elderly and tending to crotchety....but I like the fourlegged bitch best :H Then back to my own hounds, then work.....but I'm feeling good this morning..we have MASSIVE frost with blue sky and sunshine....it's joyful :rays:

I'm feeling the Christmas pressure like everyone else....and I can hear Al strutting about behind the Inn.....gotta buy the booze for the family this afternoon...hmmm, that WILL be interesting. Better take a very big stick.

Suze x
    Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Thursday 13 at The Inn

Hi Suze and all other inn mates

Yes Al is very busy strutting his stuff this Christmas season. A constant challenge. My hubby stocked up on all kinds of stuff at the week-end. I have been doing my own stocking, AF beer, AF Mulled berry drink, AF wine. At least if its there I wont be as tempted with the real stuff.

Have a great Thursday everyone.

Rustop

Comment

Thursday 13 at The Inn

Morning Suze, Rus & All to come -

"It's coming on Christmas
      They're cutting down trees
      They're putting up reindeer
      And singing songs of joy and peace
      Oh I wish I had a river I could skate away on....."

Anyone remember Joni Mitchell, "River"? I thought I heard it playing in the kitchen this morning when I came down for my coffee. Such a lovely spot, this Inn. Thank you Rob, and Hannah, et al, for all your hospitality. This is truly a warm environ. Only thing, I may just overstay my welcome..............

Off to a few final work days and to boost my holiday spirit. There are 'things to do', as I have dragged my feet long enough. Christmas is always hard for me - rather a mixed bag. But, I think being AF now has given me the confidence to let things be just what they are and not to fret - to let any past expectations (which were huge from family) just FADE AWAY...............

Go2Goal
      Still AF Attached files [img]/converted_files/386810=2717-attachment.jpg[/img]
      "Go Placidly Amid the Noise and Haste"

Comment

Thursday 13 at The Inn

RU,

Have you actually found a decent AF Wine? The ones I tried all tasted like expensive grape juice to me.

Of course, I like the dry reds..

Want to have some for the holidays, though, because family will be drinking...

Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Thursday 13 at The Inn

Good Morning INNmates!! Its a late and somewhat brief checkin today.

I got the permenent crown placed bright and early today. Yay!! Now I think its only maintenance.

Thank you Suze for your wonderful sticks. The on I chose has loads of bling and it came in handy yesterday. I was running to the local Target to pick up a few things when that nasty slimy jerk AL showed up in the car suggesting that I really should stop for lunch and wouldn't a beer be really nice with my lunch?

Out came the stick and out through the window went Al, If you see him today he probably has a big old tire track running down one leg as a semi was cruising in the next lane as he flew out the window.

I was a little surprised that he showed up, but I don't know why. I've heard many here say over and over again, the good times can be just as dangerous as the bad.

Rus- Good to hear that you've got your own stock in for the weekend.

G2G- I've hit a lull in the holiday excitement myself. Need to crank it up again. I need to get things done so I can kick back and just enjoy for awhile.

Cindi- Great to see you hope you are doing well.

Well off to have lunch with my aunt and cousin both nondrinkers. Will stop back later.

Again, thank you all for your support and prayers.

Love and Peace
          Rob

Comment

Thursday 13 at The Inn

Good morning All-
            G2G - I love that Joni Mitchell song. Could hear it in my head reading the lyrics you put here. So sweet. How could you possibly overstay your welcome? The hospitality never runs out here at the Inn - don't even THINK about checking out you silly penguin!!!

And yes - holidays are a slippery slope AL-wise. I'm completely committed to AF-ing. I'm taking my suze stick everywhere. Don't leave home without it!!!

Off to read a little more and get the day started -
            luv to all-
            wonder xx

Comment

Thursday 13 at The Inn

Hiya guys! Very quick hello - would love to stay and read and chat, but the realtors are showing the house again in 1/2 an hour - so dust rag in one hand, keys in the other.... will try to pop back in later. Have a good day all!
              The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Thursday 13 at The Inn

Rob - I was catchiing up on reading and saw your post from yesteray. I just wanted to pop back in to say how happy I am that you had so much good news. Pheww!! Really gave me a lift -
                wonder xx

Comment

Thursday 13 at The Inn

I love that Joni Mitchell song too, Go2goal.....must dig out my CD of it...IF I have it on CD....sheesh...I think I have it on vinyl. I'm so OLD.....:H Is it on Blue??

Advance notice for our Scottish readers.....Hogmanay sticks will be available soon. Please advise if you have a family tartan you would like painted on it. Otherwise you may only get one with Edinburgh Castle tatooed on it......................

Suze x
                  Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

Thursday 13 at The Inn

Suze, you dancin' chocolate thing, you......Yes, River is on "Blue" and I dug out my vinyl, but no turntable. Mine is warped! Remember that? I guess that might be a good iTunes download......

As for sticks - wow, I see how handy they are. Good going, Rob, whacking AL and whipping out the window. Would love to have seen the semi driver's face...lol.... I must do a search and read more about the stick behavior because I thought I was catching on until your last post to those on the British Isles. Now, I am a feeling a bit in the dark. I will do my research and be with you in a snap - just more time, please...

Thanks for the good news, Rob, and sharing it - there is never enough of that and we should blow it way up.

I am expecting one home from college in minutes, so we can hit the school Band Concert.
                    Good Evening to you all,
                    G2G Attached files [img]/converted_files/390211=2604-attachment.gif[/img]
                    "Go Placidly Amid the Noise and Haste"

Comment

Thursday 13 at The Inn

Hello Innmates,
                      We're in the middle of a massive snowstorm that has paralysed the whole area. Normally this would be a time for me to pull out the chardonnay as being stuck in the house, when there is so much to do ,frustrates me. My oldest son is driving home tomorrow from college ( about six hours away) so I'm on edge about that. I know I will be very susceptible to Al's charms tonight so I shall have to be extra vigilant. I have to remember that chardonnay will not help my son drive safely.

Rob, I'm so happy about your gold-mine of good health news!!!! It's wonderful for us at the Inn to have you back so soon as well.

Everyone is clammering for dinner so I have to make this short. It's only 4:30 so I predict it will be a long evening .........we are not used to being housebound!!!!

Have a good evening all.

Janet

ps......Wonder, my start date was Nov 27th as well. So does that make 17days ?????? The snow has me foggy-brained!!

Comment

Thursday 13 at The Inn

Good Evening INNmates!!

G2G The stick thing is fairly simple. Our precious darlin' Suze. goes out to the deep dark woods with Sven and spends hours and hours searching for just the right sticks with wich to beat off Al.

She then comes back to the INN and spends hours and hours in her room with Ivan working the sticks till they're stong and hard enough and for the holiday season she has put special decorative coverings on them.

Anyone who feels the need for some extra protection to ward off Al can stop by Suze's room at the Inn and pick up a stick. She also has some handy pocket size sticks . But I think there is just something so rewarding about giving Al a good wack with something more substantial. So there is sticks 101.

Vino- I've been hearing about the bad weather you've been having in the northeast. I hope everyone is well there. I'm glad to see that you're was enough to know that the chardoney will not make your son's trip any safer and I'm sure he will appreciate coming home to an anxious but sober mom.

Hopefully the storms will pass soon and you can be out and about soon. We'll be here to keep you company.

Speaking of dinner. It's time for me to start putting something together. Will try to stop back later.

Love and Peace
                        Rob
                        Attached files [img]/converted_files/390288=2396-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/390288=2395-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/390288=2504-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Thursday 13 at The Inn

Hello Inn Guests,

Much bad weather around the country. I hate to report that it was about 70 and breezy in Tennesse today. Weird for our usually wintery December, but no complaints. It felt great to be outside. Today was one of those days where the miles just sailed along while running--that does not happen very often, but it does more so AF.

Hope you all have a good night.

July,

Day 140 AF

Comment

Thursday 13 at The Inn

hey there sorry vino but it was about 95 deg here today too bloody hot, come and meet me in the pool
                            1 all good down under
                            "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

Thursday 13 at The Inn

Oh heck...I've been rumbled......now you know why I make WAY TOO MANY sticks.....*blush*....

Comment

Working...
                              X