Sat. - Dec. 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sat. - Dec. 15

Hi Everyone: The holiday is looming & so is the stress. I'm trying not to let it get to me. I want a clear mind to go forward into 2008. I'm taking care of my sobriety. That's something I do purely for myself. It's my responsibility to keep my life on a positive track. Tonight, we're having the g-sons sleep over. There's little temptation (lately) when they come. I want to enjoy them purely wo/any barriers. I have drunk through visits w/them (I can't imagine why) & had to push myself just to get the simple things done. Not so now. We'll be going to church & then out for pizza. It'll be fun...I don't need something artificial to "enhance" my good time. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Sat. - Dec. 15

I agree, sounds like you have a good goal and a good grasp on things. The holidays are such a hard time because EVERYONE seems to be drinking at every function.
    I also agree about enjoying your children or grandchildren without any barriers..............
    Good luck and have fun tonight with those kiddos!!
    AF since 7/5/2009

Comment

Sat. - Dec. 15

Loved: It's so great to be 100% present. Yes, it's a double-edged sword when the going gets a little rough, but for the most part I really like it. When I need to, I can think clearly in order to clear up problems as they come up. M
      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
      October 3, 2012

Comment

Sat. - Dec. 15

Mary - Have a great evening with your G-sons. And I know you will not bow to temptation, you are doing so well. How old are your grandsons? I ask because I remember when my son was about 4, and he was already twigging on to the idea that Gramma (my Mom, also an alcoholic) had something "forbidden" but "mysterious" and "tempting" in her ever present glass. We ourselves never started until he was in bed for the night. When he started to make a game out of dipping his finger into her glass and tasting it, we knew it was time to curtail it, and think about the example we were setting ourselves. This led to a ten year AF period. And he has no problems w drinking - could have been much different. Children as so led by example. Be proud, Mary, about the example you are now setting.
        The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Sat. - Dec. 15

Hannah;241161 wrote: Be proud, Mary, about the example you are now setting.
          Proud Mary Keep on absing. Proud Mary keep on Absing.

Absing, Absing, Absing down the River.

Sorry, I coundn't resist!:H

No, I am not drinking- still abs.

Comment

Sat. - Dec. 15

Happy Sat ABeroos! nice tune Rosalind! Yes indeed...enjoy your families. life is short and you never know what tomorrow may bring so enjoy and love your loved ones always
            had a nice time at the shooting range this morning and broke a previous record..woo hoooo!
            never would have done that with shaky hands I can assure you.
            Dx is baking more cookies...OMG.....ok, forget the diet for a few weeks.
            nice to be well and clear. this is truly the best.
            be well friends.
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
            X