Mon. - Dec. 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mon. - Dec. 17

Hi Everyone: It's Monday & the start of another week. For anyone who is looking for a change in drinking patterns, today would be a great day to start. I wish I could adequately explain how much my life has changed since I stopped drinking on Oct. 6th. I know I sound completely goofy at times w/how grateful I am, but until I got here to MWO, I had just about given up hope of being able to stem the tide of my drinking.

How has my life changed? It probably isn't terribly obvious to even my closest friends & family (though I know they must have seen something very "off" about me). For me, it's been much more subtle:
    -much more confidence.
    -no more obssessing.
    -no more self-loathing.
    -a better sense of humor.
    -more assertive.
    -more open & honest.
    -more accepting of the mistakes I make.
    -more productive wo/the frenzy.
    -other unquantifiables.

What can I say? I know I've gone over these changes many times...bear w/me. I guess I'm still on the honeymoon of the newly sober. Thank you so much MWO friends. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Mon. - Dec. 17

It's not hard to "bear with" someone who is an inspiration, Mary. I'm glad that you're having a great "honeymoon".

Back to the grind today. :no: Actually it's not the work itself, but all the paperwork that goes with it. I can do without that!

Enjoy your day, everyone!

Hugs,:l

Kathy
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Mon. - Dec. 17

Morning All-

Another school delay here....so I'm off to another odd day off schedule.

Well-about the obsessing thing. I had my phony-in-law luncheon on Saturday(it was moved from dinner to lunch because of the expected snowstorm). Well-in the past I was so new to my sobriety that drinking bothered me. The luncheon consisted of sis-in-phoniness (her hubby & 2 kids), mother-in-phoniness & grandmother (who married after "real" grandmother died-& she is wonderful) & me & family. In the past I had high anxiety with my drinking (ie. they would say how wonderful the wine tasted etc. in front of me). So I went into this not with so much bad expectations but to say "nothing is going to bother me". Well maybe because tomorrow will be one year in my AF journey I found that when my mom-in-phoniness brought a glass of wine to my sis-in-phoniness & asked if I wanted anything (meaning something AF) I wasn't offended, didn't feel like I had a label on me saying "can not drink"....I felt secure in my own skin. I think I've reached that point where I don't feel like odd man out. It felt good.

It was funny because my sis-in-phoniness says to her hubby" I really don't want this wine-it tastes funny~pour it out & don't let mom see that I don't like it". And I joked "yeah-you don't want to fall asleep in church" (they were going after the luncheon). And I actually felt like a "normal" person who chose not to drink than a problem drinker who couldn't.

So in my almost a year tomorrow I've realized-yeah I had two episodes but learned that problems can't be solved with booze, stress is my trigger so i need to develop good habits and that when you truly commit yourself you grow. This is a learning process especially when, say for me, alcohol was a daily crutch. It starts with waking each morning saying "today i choose not to drink". At night I recall my day & say "see-you didn't need to drink & I'm thankful to all my angels for helping me stay strong".

Well-off to drop my daughter off. Son has yet another day off from Kindergarten because of delay. In the last week he's been off 4 (including today). So much for a predicted warm winter for us. But then again we've only just begun.

Have a great AF day everyone! Attached files [img]/converted_files/391847=2871-attachment.gif[/img]
      :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Mon. - Dec. 17

Mary (one of my dearest friends here), Kathy, tkeene and Breeze,

Happy Monday to all. I am going on 3 hours sleep and feeling great.

Mary - No, you are not obsessing, you are REALIZING how desctructive our drinking was. It ruined so many things. I saw yesterday a post from a Newbie about the prison we live in, and OMG what a self-imposed prison!! So, not only do we hurt our own lives, we hurt others because of our drinking and the stupid things it makes us do. Not being available 24/7 for emergencies (Great Granny!!), unable to keep up with family obligations, unable to drive, unable to life a full, rich, rewarding and HAPPY life because we must get that drinking in!!

It is amazing when we step back and look at it.

So, all the Abbers out there, let's remember the CRAP/SHIT (can't believe I typed that but going to leave it) and general dysfunction we created in our lives by drinking and be GRATEFUL for the happiness, clarity, beauty and most importantly self-satisfaction of life well lived that sobriety gives to us.

Love to all and may all have a wonderful day,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Mon. - Dec. 17

Happy Monday ABland!

wow, some great posts here...wish I had more time. DB 3 hours of sleep? wow you are amazing. I'd be sleeping on the plane for sure.
          so nice to be looking out the window at the bright snow without the sharp pain of "hungover eyes" in times before. getting lots done and really enjoying it.
          back soon. zoom zoom

be well everyone!
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Mon. - Dec. 17

Yes, Cindi, we must remember the bad stuff...otherwise that false voice tells us a bunch of bad stuff (i.e. sure go ahead & drink... it'll be fine...you can't have a good time without drinking...ad nauseum). I try to consciously appreciate the good stuff about being AF (being truly available...being able to drive whenever...having better relationships...ad infinitum). Anyhow, I love you all. Mary
            Wisdom, Courage, Strength
            October 3, 2012

Comment

Mon. - Dec. 17

Retteacher,
              I love hearing about the good stuff, that is why we all get on here everyday, to be reminded of things like that, so..............thanks!

Have a great week!
              AF since 7/5/2009

Comment

Mon. - Dec. 17

Have a great week all...hopping back on the AF wagon. Thanks for the inspiration.
                Working on it... AF as of...[sigh]. Today...today is all that matters.

Comment

Mon. - Dec. 17

heya Loved1 and Resolute! not sure I've 'met' you two ...welcome!
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Mon. - Dec. 17

Mary
                    A great thread to start the week....a realization of what positive changes can occur with committment and willingness. I too, am noticing the "inner" changes within myself, and although they also seem to be unnoticed by others....I am liking what I am seeing and feeling. I agree with Loved1 "we love hearing the good stuff"...keep it coming!!
                    sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Working...
                    X